[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Due to a bit too much of complain, i will give a bit of advice on the build for the clean speed Issues:
1 move speed potion (70% increase move speed) / phase run => clic both moving middle INTO high density pack
(YES YOU DON'T HAVE TO ATTACK EACH TIME YOU SEE A TRASH / YOU CAN GO THOUGHT AND TAKE CARE OF THE FULL SCREEN EASYLY WITHOUT DYING ENJOYING EXPLOSION - Moving is a skill too ...)

Winter orb links / Herald of ice / belt increase duration for a smouth mapping and enjoy ... (Yes ... i swap items)

Yes this is not the best clean speed ... but it's still good. I'm playing often with some arrow char and winterorb char, and i'm following easyly and doing my job ...

And i think, the clean speed will stay the same in end game where others build usually die and suffer in high tier map. Leveling is easy too ... i'm usually taking care of those syndicate bastard, nearly facetanking them where friend scream and try not to die...

So, i'll say that: THANK YOU for the build, i'm enjoying it. Lvl 89 after 6 days, farming Uberlab easyly, mapping T12 map ... WONDERFULL, just what i need with a starter build... and i'll aim for the endgame with it

Idea?
I don't know if this worth to say it but i have just try to add a jewel with fire damage and lightning damage to spell and adding Elemental Equilibrium for a bit more damage using One Jewel Socket and One more point in the tree. It should be -50% cold resistance ... no?

Thanks reading, i'm not that good with english.

Dernière édition par Rinceventvent, le 15 mars 2019 03:58:06
"
Rinceventvent a écrit :
Idea?
I don't know if this worth to say it but i have just try to add a jewel with fire damage and lightning damage to spell and adding Elemental Equilibrium for a bit more damage using One Jewel Socket and One more point in the tree. It should be -50% cold resistance ... no?

No, because your own damage is cold, there is no way to make it work. Elemental equilibrium boost damage that wasn't present in hit, and all of our hits have cold damage. Even if you take out HoI, to activate it by orb of storm or something like that, icestorm have much more rapid rate of fire than anything else, so having -50% cold res for 1 hit, and +25% cold res for the next 10 hits seems counterproductive.

If you want that -50% cold, you can use malachai artifice, and put inside fire or lightning golem. Anything that golem will hit, will have -50% cold res. But in the late game, it's questionable if it's worth it.
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 15 mars 2019 04:25:06
"
Med1umentor a écrit :
"
Rinceventvent a écrit :
Idea?

No, because your own damage is cold, there is no way to make it work. Elemental equilibrium boost damage that wasn't present in hit, and all of our hits have cold damage. Even if you take out HoI, to activate it by orb of storm or something like that, icestorm have much more rapid rate of fire than anything else, so having -50% cold res for 1 hit, and +25% cold res for the next 10 hits seems counterproductive.

If you want that -50% cold, you can use malachai artifice, and put inside fire or lightning golem. Anything that golem will hit, will have -50% cold res. But in the late game, it's questionable if it's worth it.

With the jewel, icestorm does Fire damage / Lightning Damage and Ice damage and all other spell does the same Fire damage / Lightning Damage and Ice Damage ...

Why do you say "all of our hits have cold damage", when i have include a jewel that add Fire damage and lightning damage to all my spell?
Dernière édition par Rinceventvent, le 15 mars 2019 04:51:47
With spells like winter orb/icestorm which hit a lot, the only way to have an effective Elemental Equilibrium is with Malachai's Artifice socketed with either a spell like orb of storms or a golem (lightning golem or flame golem). The main issue is, there is no int on this ring.

/e : didn't see that Med1umentor said that already, sorry ^^
Dernière édition par AsbelFar, le 15 mars 2019 05:10:05
"
Rinceventvent a écrit :
With the jewel, icestorm does Fire damage / Lightning Damage and Ice damage and all other spell does the same Fire damage / Lightning Damage and Ice Damage ...

Why do you say "all of our hits have cold damage", when i have include a jewel that add Fire damage and lightning damage to all my spell?

Your mistake here is that elemental equilibrium works that way:
1) Enemy receives an hit
2) Game look at elemental damage sources that hit had
3) If certain element was in hit, then enemy receives protection from that element (+25% res), if element wasn't found, then enemy receives debuff against that element (-50% res).
Conclusion: if you hit the enemy with damage that have all 3 elements, enemy will receive protection from all 3 elements. In order to activate -50% cold res, you should get rid of entirety of your cold damage, which is not possible... well, it's possible, but then there would be no reason to even have that -50% cold res.
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 15 mars 2019 05:08:40
Hi and thanks for a great build

what do you think guys about using incinerate/scorching ray instead of WO ? personally i don`t like WO so much
For me the league starts really great.

first two days i cant play so i thouhgt it will be a pain to come later in. but it was fine. WI staff was 1 c most other things under 10 c only boots and rings as always expensive.

As the rng dont bless me this league and a had really bad drops i did it with grinding. So fast i never was at 77 in a league and i had most of the time not capped res. I died more then other league but under 50 death and lvl extremly fast as i dont need to look for good gear and survived most things.
This boots dropped and are really fast for nearly nothing to pay. They dropped for me and i gave them a try.

Now i am at mapping and need more res. But also with 40 res on all 3 i dont die so often. With sc i had over 200 death with bad gear.

For me the cold build is a really big advantage and i like it more then ever.

thanks kel for making it viable from witch to berserke to scion back to witch :-)
"
Bestial a écrit :
Hi and thanks for a great build

what do you think guys about using incinerate/scorching ray instead of WO ? personally i don`t like WO so much

What do you mean "what do you guys think"? Obviously, you can use any channeling skill, even blight or wither. Nothing will change in icestorm setup.

The issue would be only in fact that those skills would be almost useless. Scourching ray was originally used only for 1 reason - fire res debuff. And we don't need that if we are not using fire conversion.
Incinerate... hm... we lose tons of damage by the fact that this is not cold skill, and incinerate with conc effect... don't really do anything, to be honest.

Anyway, what i'm trying to say, that all logic and reason telling you that Winter orb is currently the best option as support channeling skill.
If you are asking if incinerate/SR is an equal option - then answer is "no". If you are asking if you can use it, just because you don't like WO - sure you do. Luckily, channeling skill not really intervene with our speciality which is "icestorm", so your build will not lose that much from that, icestorm still wreck everything.

P.S. Also, as side note, you can use fire-conversion build with SR. Atleast it would be a choice supported by reason. For fire-conversion version there is no better skill than SR.
Dernière édition par Med1umentor, le 15 mars 2019 15:12:15
"
Med1umentor a écrit :
"
Rinceventvent a écrit :

Your mistake here is that elemental equilibrium works that way:
1) Enemy receives an hit
2) Game look at elemental damage sources that hit had
3) If certain element was in hit, then enemy receives protection from that element (+25% res), if element wasn't found, then enemy receives debuff against that element (-50% res).
Conclusion: if you hit the enemy with damage that have all 3 elements, enemy will receive protection from all 3 elements. In order to activate -50% cold res, you should get rid of entirety of your cold damage, which is not possible... well, it's possible, but then there would be no reason to even have that -50% cold res.

Thanks you for your time and knowledge ;) (and all who explain how EQ work)
What is causing the blind when hit? I see blind listed as a defense. Is it the stibnite?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires