[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

So basically in order for this build to feel decent with bossing you need to "invest tons of currency into it?"

What gear is OP using in his showcase videos of face tanking shaper and shit then if not the gear in the PoB? Why would you make a build guide saying to get Z Y X gear and then not even have that gear be used?

Seems like a fraud.
~ Seph
"
sephrinx a écrit :
So basically in order for this build to feel decent with bossing you need to "invest tons of currency into it?"

What gear is OP using in his showcase videos of face tanking shaper and shit then if not the gear in the PoB? Why would you make a build guide saying to get Z Y X gear and then not even have that gear be used?

Seems like a fraud.

I'm trying to figure that out =) hopefully we get some insight cause my bossing is non-existent, and let's not talk about metamorphs.
"
HybridBoy a écrit :
"
ShadowMn a écrit :

Annointed amulet with Weathered Hunter for more Dex so I can use Blood Rage, and also to help Cap resists in case my End Charge fall of. Also, accuracy is nice.

Not played this build in a while (few leagues), but here are a few things i could think of:
a) Heart of flame annointment
b) Fossil crafted helm with "Nearby enemies have -9% to fire resistance" or essence crafted triple mod helm
c) Dual Grelwood shanks
d) Watcher's eye with "Dmg penetrates fire resistance" and "fire dmg leeched as life" when affected by anger or increased life recovery rate while affected by vitality. Leech is rubbish without high recovery. LGOH on rings completely ignore the recovery mechanic though.
e) Stack up attack speed, attack speed corruption on both grelwoods is nice to have.
f) Try to stack more crit through rings (diamond ring base is nice for crit and opal ring base for flat elemental dmg boost)
g) Jewels with Attack Speed / CRITICAL CHANCE / CRIT MULTIPLIER as priority
h) Not sure why iron grip an
d point blank nodes were skipped, try picking those up and experiment.

Bosses/Metamorphs with "Reduced elemental damage taken" mod, "avoid or reduced effect elemental ailemnts mod" and "Increased maximum life" mod, especially at awaken level 8 will always give you hard time unless you stack up elemental penetration on your gear.
New conqueror bases are also good choice to craft elemental penetration on different pieces of gear. This will require lot more experimentation and investment from your end for ex. amulet with penetration mod (hunter base) would require you to drop xoph's amulet which means you will have to spec into Avatar of Fire on the tree. You will also lose "covered with Ash" bonus, so have to try out what works out best. Theory craft in POB, and if it works, do it.

If you really dont want to invest more in this build, then try out the Nebuloch version of the molten strike build - its tanky and has huge dps as well and should be fairly easy to get going with your current gear and class.
Also if you do decide to switch to nebuloch version, before switching head over to last few pages of the build guide and see if players are finding it fun to play or are struggling with one issue or another. Make an informed decision.

with EO your crit multi is fixed to 0, wich means its a wasted mod.
we do take iron grip, point blank is acquired by the sword.

i dont think the nebuloch version does more damage, and it will feel slower due to low attack speed.

Xophs blood is the BIS item, and it has pen on it.

just go to poe ninja builds and compare grelwoodto nebuloch builds. highest i could see from grelwood is <300k dps while nebuloch is around <400k, but i do nebuloch and currently lvl94 and on pob i doo >500k damage almost 600k now. 5.3k hp and can do sirus lvl8 deathless easy.

I suggest to anyone doing an MS build is to gather intel and weigh your options, and not just follow one build, research and get a baseline build and adjust as you want.

and yes min/maxing this build does cost quite a lot.

So after getting these 2 items today, the ring spiked my survivability by a lot and the flask has made bossing less of a chore. I'd say they're must have.
Dernière édition par setissleeping, le 19 janv. 2020 08:56:59
"
xanderboi a écrit :
"
HybridBoy a écrit :
"
ShadowMn a écrit :

Annointed amulet with Weathered Hunter for more Dex so I can use Blood Rage, and also to help Cap resists in case my End Charge fall of. Also, accuracy is nice.

Not played this build in a while (few leagues), but here are a few things i could think of:
a) Heart of flame annointment
b) Fossil crafted helm with "Nearby enemies have -9% to fire resistance" or essence crafted triple mod helm
c) Dual Grelwood shanks
d) Watcher's eye with "Dmg penetrates fire resistance" and "fire dmg leeched as life" when affected by anger or increased life recovery rate while affected by vitality. Leech is rubbish without high recovery. LGOH on rings completely ignore the recovery mechanic though.
e) Stack up attack speed, attack speed corruption on both grelwoods is nice to have.
f) Try to stack more crit through rings (diamond ring base is nice for crit and opal ring base for flat elemental dmg boost)
g) Jewels with Attack Speed / CRITICAL CHANCE / CRIT MULTIPLIER as priority
h) Not sure why iron grip an
d point blank nodes were skipped, try picking those up and experiment.

Bosses/Metamorphs with "Reduced elemental damage taken" mod, "avoid or reduced effect elemental ailemnts mod" and "Increased maximum life" mod, especially at awaken level 8 will always give you hard time unless you stack up elemental penetration on your gear.
New conqueror bases are also good choice to craft elemental penetration on different pieces of gear. This will require lot more experimentation and investment from your end for ex. amulet with penetration mod (hunter base) would require you to drop xoph's amulet which means you will have to spec into Avatar of Fire on the tree. You will also lose "covered with Ash" bonus, so have to try out what works out best. Theory craft in POB, and if it works, do it.

If you really dont want to invest more in this build, then try out the Nebuloch version of the molten strike build - its tanky and has huge dps as well and should be fairly easy to get going with your current gear and class.
Also if you do decide to switch to nebuloch version, before switching head over to last few pages of the build guide and see if players are finding it fun to play or are struggling with one issue or another. Make an informed decision.

with EO your crit multi is fixed to 0, wich means its a wasted mod.
we do take iron grip, point blank is acquired by the sword.

i dont think the nebuloch version does more damage, and it will feel slower due to low attack speed.

Xophs blood is the BIS item, and it has pen on it.

just go to poe ninja builds and compare grelwoodto nebuloch builds. highest i could see from grelwood is <300k dps while nebuloch is around <400k, but i do nebuloch and currently lvl94 and on pob i doo >500k damage almost 600k now. 5.3k hp and can do sirus lvl8 deathless easy.

I suggest to anyone doing an MS build is to gather intel and weigh your options, and not just follow one build, research and get a baseline build and adjust as you want.

and yes min/maxing this build does cost quite a lot.

you cant compare these numbers because POB doesnt know how to properly calculate the dps.
you are completely ignoring ball count which is pretty significant to the overall damage and tankyness.
not to mention the attack speed difference that makes you even more tanky and a smoother gameplay.

both are viable options, but also kinda different.
nebuloch are arguably more tanky, but usually you get a much smaller life pool and the degen is strong enough to affect survive-ability.
for example i looked into a random guy's POB and he loses over 50% of his regen when getting hit.

not bashing on Nebuloch or anything, just stating the facts.
i have a Tec Slam build with nebulochs and its nice, the tankyness is acquired in a different way, ,more focus on mitigation rather than recovery.

here is the tec slam build from like few leagues ago: https://pastebin.com/RFaDCiKi.
i dont necessarily recommend it, there are probably better options out there :)
Dernière édition par HybridBoy, le 19 janv. 2020 13:27:22
IF you assume all balls hit (which they don't), my MS hits for:

(10x proj.) Dual-wield 1x Grelwood + 1x Saviour = 9.1mil.

(12x proj.) Dual-wield 2x Grelwood = 6.2mil

(10x proj.) Grelwood + DPS/Life Shield = 4.7mil.

Again, I know this is a dream scenario and NEVER happes. I just wanted to show people that the DPS isn't actually horrible with a some investment. I myself went for a crit version and invested about 70ex, which isn't a whole lot if you farm for a week.
In order to have dps + survivability. Its better to have Dual-wield or sword + shield?

Ty!!
"
ngoof1 a écrit :

Again, I know this is a dream scenario and NEVER happes. I just wanted to show people that the DPS isn't actually horrible with a some investment. I myself went for a crit version and invested about 70ex, which isn't a whole lot if you farm for a week.

Definitely a dream scenario for an average player, heh.
"
"
ngoof1 a écrit :

Definitely a dream scenario for an average player, heh.

Even if it was half that it's not half bad.
Dernière édition par ngoof1, le 20 janv. 2020 17:06:54
This league is the first time i have played through to 36 challenges, all on this build. I guess i will share my experiences as i am about to stop playing.

Starting out the build definitely felt weak, primarily due to metamorphs. The damage could not overcome some life regen metas, and sometimes the damage would just spike leading to a death. But after picking up upgrades along the way, the build started to feel really good. Currently at 9k health and around 2.7m dps on shaper.

I feel like this build is great for beginners as it offers some nice goals to pursue. Crafting a helm and belt was particularly fun.

Some tips:
Avoid maps where mobs are immune to elemental ailments.
No regen maps require caution, blood rage will kill yourself.
Get some chaos resist, hunter and crusader maps can insta kill you from off screen.
Always be jumping or dashing, to avoid the mass snake volleys from off screen.
Swapping out lightning golem for frost bomb on high regen metamorphs.

Overall a super fun build once it gets off the ground. Don't forget to pray to the RNG gods.

AzureheavenXD, Metamorph league.
31 raw exalt drops, Fiend card and Headhunter :D.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires