[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

hey,

"
- Availability of core items (no Breach mode -> less Xophs, Elder helmets and Elder rings (?), less Elder guardians -> less Grelwoods)

yes, that's exactly how I see it, the key items will be very rare and extremely expensive. Which raises the question of how / when you can play MS efficiently. It will take much longer to get the items

:(
What's the Ground Targeting issue people are talking about on reddit?

You have to click on enemies with the current version of Molten Strike instead of just holding down the Molten Strike button?
"
dragothica a écrit :
What's the Ground Targeting issue people are talking about on reddit?

You have to click on enemies with the current version of Molten Strike instead of just holding down the Molten Strike button?

Yes, that's it, it was introduced in 3.7, iirc. But, it's not as bad as some people suggests, MS is still a quite good skill. (I've played it before and played it in this league too)
"
sirdond a écrit :

Yes, that's it, it was introduced in 3.7, iirc. But, it's not as bad as some people suggests, MS is still a quite good skill. (I've played it before and played it in this league too)

Thanks for replying. I played MS Jugg as my first PoE character when I really started playing the game in 3.5 League (Syndicate?). It was a really nice build but indeed I didn't have to target things at all if I remember correctly. I loved especially the CWTD - Immortal Call interaction which was constantly going on. I'm somewhat interested in going Molten Strike again in next league, mostly because how good this build is in killing bosses.

Sadly I don't have access to the old character anymore as I tend to sometimes delete them after a league ends and don't play standard at all. Not possible to get a grasp on how it plays these days.
"
dragothica a écrit :

Thanks for replying. I played MS Jugg as my first PoE character when I really started playing the game in 3.5 League (Syndicate?). It was a really nice build but indeed I didn't have to target things at all if I remember correctly. I loved especially the CWTD - Immortal Call interaction which was constantly going on. I'm somewhat interested in going Molten Strike again in next league, mostly because how good this build is in killing bosses.

Sadly I don't have access to the old character anymore as I tend to sometimes delete them after a league ends and don't play standard at all. Not possible to get a grasp on how it plays these days.

Well,I'd say the gameplay is fairly similar to the other strike skills now.
And, while I say MS is still good, you have to understand, that it's not even close to what it was 4 or 5 leagues ago. GGG not only changed the skill, but they nerfed the helmet enchants, the Wildfire jewel, the abyss jewels in the previous leagues and those are just the ones I can remember now.
Another thing is, the current popular MS builds might be not the best in the current state, because they all heavily rely on various Elder/Shaper items and we don't know yet how rare or expensive are those going to be. So it's more of gamble to chose a build like these.
However if you really want to play MS, you could go for a HOWA MS JUGG, those are as good and tanky as before (or even better thanks to new shock mechanics), and if you don't like MS you can swap it for Cyclone or Wild Strike. But beware, HOWA builds are expensive and hard as a league start, not tailored towards beginner/casual players.
Dernière édition par sirdond, le 12 déc. 2019 13:49:33
"
sirdond a écrit :

Well,I'd say the gameplay is fairly similar to the other strike skills now.
And, while I say MS is still good, you have to

you are absolutley right, but MS was utterly broken at that point and op AF

i played it in 3.8 with good gear and it was still broken.

but i had to admit...that target change that you got to hit something to spawn balls was .... strange and i still dont like it
In your "my gear" section your items give no dexterity. Where do you get it from then?
"
ForgedPoE a écrit :
In your "my gear" section your items give no dexterity. Where do you get it from then?

The talent tree for one, and as instructed fill up the missing stats on items like the pendant (until you get Xoph's at least).
"
ForgedPoE a écrit :

1 passive tree node and all my jewels have dex on them.

your best option is the rings imo, but it really depends on budget and how you are min-maxing.

anyway, you dont need much dex at all, just 122 for the swords.
i got 155 to have a max level Blood Rage, which isnt important and i dont even use it most of the time because i get frenzy charges from my curse.
Your PoB should really be updated. You have a jewel that gives you 7% attack speed, 7% maximum life and 50% increased damage. Where do you find this jewel in-game? I've never seen a jewel like this. It adds 100k dps to your Molten balls (from 200k to 300k).

The build does not actually have as much DPS as your PoB shows.

..Furthermore, I'd go as far as to say that this build just does not make endgame easy. In order to kill elder/uber elder with this, you need pretty much all of your endgame gear, otherwise it just doesn't do the damage and the fight takes way too long. You need _many_ ex to afford your endgame build.

Not sure why I selected this as a league starter; oh nevermind, yes I do, because Molten Strike is a fun skill to use. But it's really not at the top of any list in terms of viability.
Dernière édition par kevr91, le 17 déc. 2019 14:59:29

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires