[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

Im thinking of taking rare gloves with high hp and some resist to cap my resistance in exchange for the abyss jewel on tombfist gloves (intimidate with abbys jewel socketed)

I have this belt and wondering if it will work as a tombfist replacement

"
向往的高尚 a écrit :
Currently running this build with some changes to it,

using a 5L loreweave currently (yet to 6L) for more max res (tankiness) as well as damage (elemental damage). This free's up additional sockets which i use to run wave of conviction (-25% res on monsters since we deal only fire damage) & projectile weakness for more damage.

i'm running 2 CWDT links with this.
CWDT - projectile weakness - lightning golem
CWDT - immortal call - inc. duration - wave of conviction

Any takes on this way of running the setup?

pst. wasn't able to get a nice elder mod helm thus felt that the build lacked damage. after these changes damage improved substantially.

You still wanna roll Kaoms later on when you get helm though, Life/Armor(40% fire dmg) is much better for this build then what Loreweave gives you.

I think if your running Loreweave you probably wanna go into dual-mace, similar what Alkaizer is running right now, it's less flashy but 8 endurance charges make you bullet-proof also Nebulas make up for any damage losses you hit like truck but your snail compared to this fast attacks based build.
Elder mod helm, get one without enchant, it's not needed at all (it's massive damage increase), but to my experience it's cherry on top, craft on yourself after you delvebot enough.
"
Khannon a écrit :
"
向往的高尚 a écrit :
Currently running this build with some changes to it,

using a 5L loreweave currently (yet to 6L) for more max res (tankiness) as well as damage (elemental damage). This free's up additional sockets which i use to run wave of conviction (-25% res on monsters since we deal only fire damage) & projectile weakness for more damage.

i'm running 2 CWDT links with this.
CWDT - projectile weakness - lightning golem
CWDT - immortal call - inc. duration - wave of conviction

Any takes on this way of running the setup?

pst. wasn't able to get a nice elder mod helm thus felt that the build lacked damage. after these changes damage improved substantially.

You still wanna roll Kaoms later on when you get helm though, Life/Armor(40% fire dmg) is much better for this build then what Loreweave gives you.

I think if your running Loreweave you probably wanna go into dual-mace, similar what Alkaizer is running right now, it's less flashy but 8 endurance charges make you bullet-proof also Nebulas make up for any damage losses you hit like truck but your snail compared to this fast attacks based build.
Elder mod helm, get one without enchant, it's not needed at all (it's massive damage increase), but to my experience it's cherry on top, craft on yourself after you delvebot enough.

I'm getting 49% increased ele damage from loreweave, plus the extra sockets to run an additional curse and the wave of conviction. Was thinking the additional max res improves the survivability since we usually only need to tank through stuff that 1-shots us. Didn't have enough cash for nice elder modded helm thus tried this alternative and yeah it works pretty well. Just wondering if the pros of a Kaoms + 6L elder helm outweighs the ability to run an extra curse & wave of conviction cwdt. Furthermore endurance charges only mitigates physical damage (we usually get rekted by ele/chaos damage) so not really keen to change into a snail build.

Would like to ask if changing from a 5L linked MS into a 6L linked elder helm (+ the 2 elder mods) and getting dying sun & sulphur flask (from none) boost the damage of this build by like 2-2.5x from prior? Because i lacked damage (on bosses like shaper) when using a 5L normal chest and after switching to my current setup the damage feels like 2-2.5x of the original which is pretty dope. Still maintains same fast clear speed + 78max res is a bonus
"
Khannon a écrit :
I've been running this build for some now, t16's/shaper all easy.

But Uber Elder seems extremely difficult with this build because core damage comes from standing still and hitting enemy which is very hard in Uber Elder because even single ball hit is is almost death.
To much movement required to be effective with this build. I would say my gear is about maybe 20ex worth or something, not super crazy min/max, but even then you will die to balls damage. I will try it again on Uber Elder at some point, but if you are going to get Uber Elder, your far better off investing into ranged blaster who deal massive damage while easy mode dodging all the 1shot mechanics that this particular build can't. Don't get me wrong this build has crazy target damage if you can tank the damage builds loses massive value on this fight, my biggest issue vs. U-Elder was 1shot mechanics (whatever slam he does 1 shot me at least twice and I clipped 2 balls other time). It's way easier on many ranged mid-budget builds.

I've run all the craziest Uniq boss mods for all non-elder guardians, including Phoenix, that I rolled Uniq boss dmg/area of effect/Cast/atk speed, point is this fight I would consider hardest with crazy mods up until Uber Elder, because once you know 2 mechanics of fight it doesn't matter how much his normal melee rounds hit you for.

It's definitely viable for U-Elder (you have to play like a god can't melt on this fight with this build), but it's really not worth to invest to that point, because it exceeds the value that many current meta builds can do with same high-end budget on standard at least. I also saw Alkaizer running MS build that is twice as tanky with Dual-Wield. Pre-emptive Endurance charges up to 8+ really help with this particular fight. His version how-ever is absolute snail-speed for regular mapping. Also many caster/Zoom meta builds right now require 2-3 core items that are expensive af, so if you wanna start off cheap and don't know all the fights, this build is definitely good for learning curve and can do majority of the content quite easily, but expect it to fall off when you enter min-max territory vs. current meta blaster builds.

I forgot Delving, this build is definitely DelveBot. Absolute massive good for delving.

My conclusion.
Good for general mapping. Requires more input then zoom builds, but doesn't fall off much speed wise (some maps are slow for Whirling Blades you would really want Leap Slam, but I really love Whirling blades on open maps).
Achieves a lot with low to mid budget, but falls off in high budget.
Fights that your gear level can't take damage such U-Elder or Guardians Phoenix and even Chimera (don't mistake the boss for adds phase those adds are an absolute headache and they deal stupid amount of damage if you can't kill them right off from gates).
I was considering to look for upgrades now that I see U-Elder fight is so difficult to handle for my gear level, but I think I'd rather build new character seeing how stupidly underpowered anything melee related is compared to current meta, it's even sadder that those caster/ES/whatnot type of builds can reach immense level of tankiness on high budget on top of that 2-5x more 'ranged' damage that requires you only to focus on moving and dodging on hardest encounters. The biggest issue on U-Elder fight is finding windows to deal damage because Shaper keeps throwing those stupid Orbs non-stop which makes this fight so much harder for any melee build, ranged don't really care about it for them it's just dodging the slams and ability to normal survive melee swings.
No matter what, I wouldn't change this build/character for anything else in delving (even if you don't do damage in darkness your Life on hit gets you full, it's a lot of fun :P)

Also, the reason why this build is expensive on a league because it literally goes from low to mid/high tier mapping with 2/3 not super expensive items with a massive amount of tankiness and casual friendly playstyle. Many Zoom builds have single core item that puts them above this build mid-tier cost 10ex alone. Another thing that doesn't help to costs is fact that it's only melee build that doesn't suck right now. :P

first of all, you cant compare ranged to melee, so its irrelevant.
second, Uber Elder fight is mostly skill and patience.
failing in U-elder doesnt reflect on the build's ability.

the only thing that can potentially one shot you in this fight is the shaper's slam, which is easy to avoid.
you can tank anything else, including the expanding nova that the elder creates.

you wont die to one of the shaper's balls (i can tank two of them actually).
if you get hit more than once, thats not build related, thats on you.
the ice spears that the elder throw at you wont kill you as long as you are far enough to not get shotgunned (where multiple projectiles hits you at once).

the degen areas arent that dangerous either, especially if you turn off blood rage for the fight.

you just need to practice the fight enough.
there is a guy that posted his Uber elder fights with this build.
moat (if not all) of them were deathless, because he is very skilled and he even makes the fight look easy.

"
Malira a écrit :
"
ohnpeat a écrit :
This may have been asked but it's hard to search a 176 page thread...

Given that '6L' helmets are stupid-expensive (1.5Ex for a crap one - the GG one would be multi-mirror) I'm wondering if I'd be better-off with a solid 6L armor/Life chest and an armor/life helm instead?

Keep an eye on POE.trade, i just picked one up for 30c, immolate/conc effect, 40fire resist and some HP. Only downside is it's only 90ES but w/e. It isn't perfect, but shit ones like ones with ES might be easier to find on a sale since EVA and armor is more desirable. But a crap helm is better to be stuck with than a crap chest like tabula.

Problem with offspec items like that (e.g. a caster helm) - once you're into Red Maps/approaching Level 90 those items won't work - you need solid stats on EVERY item.

The ideal of being a 9K health DPS machine requires some very expensive gear (the PoB gear is probably 50Ex+) - reality on your couple-of-hundred-chaos build is 7K health and half the DPS and that will start to hurt you in Red Maps/Elder encounters (I'd argue Uber Elder is hard with this build even with the 9K!!)
"
ohnpeat a écrit :
"
Malira a écrit :
"
ohnpeat a écrit :
This may have been asked but it's hard to search a 176 page thread...

Given that '6L' helmets are stupid-expensive (1.5Ex for a crap one - the GG one would be multi-mirror) I'm wondering if I'd be better-off with a solid 6L armor/Life chest and an armor/life helm instead?

Keep an eye on POE.trade, i just picked one up for 30c, immolate/conc effect, 40fire resist and some HP. Only downside is it's only 90ES but w/e. It isn't perfect, but shit ones like ones with ES might be easier to find on a sale since EVA and armor is more desirable. But a crap helm is better to be stuck with than a crap chest like tabula.

Problem with offspec items like that (e.g. a caster helm) - once you're into Red Maps/approaching Level 90 those items won't work - you need solid stats on EVERY item.

The ideal of being a 9K health DPS machine requires some very expensive gear (the PoB gear is probably 50Ex+) - reality on your couple-of-hundred-chaos build is 7K health and half the DPS and that will start to hurt you in Red Maps/Elder encounters (I'd argue Uber Elder is hard with this build even with the 9K!!)

I'm running a armor/life helm with 5L loreweave. Clears everything perfectly fine including corrupt t16s (not tried uber elder)
"
ohnpeat a écrit :

the helmet and the legacy gloves are the only items that are actually expensive.
remove those and you can easily afford everything else.

you can get 9-10k life without expensive gear.

and if you still cant afford it, try the budget options until you do.

if you want to clear T16 maps RELIABLY, you need to invest some money, thats how POE works.

sure you can make a trap build with crazy POB shaper dps for very low currency.
but thats what it is, a POB build.
try to actually play it lol..
"
Khannon a écrit :
"
FedeS a écrit :
Is "40% more Molten Strike damage" helmet enchantment worth the 3-4 extra exalted orbs cost?

I don't know exactly how damage is calculated, do balls(projectiles) get to benefit from it like 40% dmg to every ball your dropping? If it doesn't benefit projectiles damage then it's not im. I don't have helmet enchant right now and my damage current damage on bosses is easily way more then I need I'd rather spend some extra exalts on defensives/gems/watcher eye ie.

Thanks for your reply. I won't be wasting those extra exalted orbs just for that enchantment then.

BTW. "+55 Life gained for each enemy hit by your attacks". Does this mean we gain 55 life for EACH ball on an enemy, even if it's the same enemy?
would the surrender shield be better to run than the remorse? just wondering if its worth the extra chaos if you can get it.

I think to replace the usual shield on the surrender is it a normal replacement?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires