[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
Meresin a écrit :
Tombfist still worth it? I ask since it doesnt have attack speed anymore

well its not just the attack speed that you need with tombfist! the intimidate enemies with murderous jewel is also important
Not a cheap build at all.. roughly 15 exalts in League atm. I'm going to pass and respec to something else
"
Lightstrikes a écrit :
Not a cheap build at all.. roughly 15 exalts in League atm. I'm going to pass and respec to something else

You can pretty much do most content on a very budgeted version of this build.
Dernière édition par Ubermonster, le 22 mars 2019 23:09:24
Can I upgrade quality on all my gems in this setup? someone told me not to ugrade quality on anger because it can hurt this build?
"
Lightstrikes a écrit :

i didnt say this build is super cheap, just that it could be started on a budget.

but i would like to know how you got to 15ex, show us your calculations.

i have alot of builds, and i tried many others.
the core items for this build are relatively cheap, there are builds that have mandatory item\s that cost more than all of this build all together.

helmet: 40-100c
kaoms: 200c
sword: 60c, 100-120c for better rolls

prices sure went up since i posted this build, but nothing that makes this unachievable.
swords used to cost 5-10c and the helmets sold for ~20c.
in delve league i got a helmet for 25c on the first day.

show me another build that have that level of tankiness, survive-ablity, damage and fun for a lower budget.

if you think this build is expensive, you saw nothing lol.
I've been running this build for some now, t16's/shaper all easy.

But Uber Elder seems extremely difficult with this build because core damage comes from standing still and hitting enemy which is very hard in Uber Elder because even single ball hit is is almost death.
To much movement required to be effective with this build. I would say my gear is about maybe 20ex worth or something, not super crazy min/max, but even then you will die to balls damage. I will try it again on Uber Elder at some point, but if you are going to get Uber Elder, your far better off investing into ranged blaster who deal massive damage while easy mode dodging all the 1shot mechanics that this particular build can't. Don't get me wrong this build has crazy target damage if you can tank the damage builds loses massive value on this fight, my biggest issue vs. U-Elder was 1shot mechanics (whatever slam he does 1 shot me at least twice and I clipped 2 balls other time). It's way easier on many ranged mid-budget builds.

I've run all the craziest Uniq boss mods for all non-elder guardians, including Phoenix, that I rolled Uniq boss dmg/area of effect/Cast/atk speed, point is this fight I would consider hardest with crazy mods up until Uber Elder, because once you know 2 mechanics of fight it doesn't matter how much his normal melee rounds hit you for.

It's definitely viable for U-Elder (you have to play like a god can't melt on this fight with this build), but it's really not worth to invest to that point, because it exceeds the value that many current meta builds can do with same high-end budget on standard at least. I also saw Alkaizer running MS build that is twice as tanky with Dual-Wield. Pre-emptive Endurance charges up to 8+ really help with this particular fight. His version how-ever is absolute snail-speed for regular mapping. Also many caster/Zoom meta builds right now require 2-3 core items that are expensive af, so if you wanna start off cheap and don't know all the fights, this build is definitely good for learning curve and can do majority of the content quite easily, but expect it to fall off when you enter min-max territory vs. current meta blaster builds.

I forgot Delving, this build is definitely DelveBot. Absolute massive good for delving.

My conclusion.
Good for general mapping. Requires more input then zoom builds, but doesn't fall off much speed wise (some maps are slow for Whirling Blades you would really want Leap Slam, but I really love Whirling blades on open maps).
Achieves a lot with low to mid budget, but falls off in high budget.
Fights that your gear level can't take damage such U-Elder or Guardians Phoenix and even Chimera (don't mistake the boss for adds phase those adds are an absolute headache and they deal stupid amount of damage if you can't kill them right off from gates).
I was considering to look for upgrades now that I see U-Elder fight is so difficult to handle for my gear level, but I think I'd rather build new character seeing how stupidly underpowered anything melee related is compared to current meta, it's even sadder that those caster/ES/whatnot type of builds can reach immense level of tankiness on high budget on top of that 2-5x more 'ranged' damage that requires you only to focus on moving and dodging on hardest encounters. The biggest issue on U-Elder fight is finding windows to deal damage because Shaper keeps throwing those stupid Orbs non-stop which makes this fight so much harder for any melee build, ranged don't really care about it for them it's just dodging the slams and ability to normal survive melee swings.
No matter what, I wouldn't change this build/character for anything else in delving (even if you don't do damage in darkness your Life on hit gets you full, it's a lot of fun :P)

Also, the reason why this build is expensive on a league because it literally goes from low to mid/high tier mapping with 2/3 not super expensive items with a massive amount of tankiness and casual friendly playstyle. Many Zoom builds have single core item that puts them above this build mid-tier cost 10ex alone. Another thing that doesn't help to costs is fact that it's only melee build that doesn't suck right now. :P

Dernière édition par Brenthaven, le 9 févr. 2020 17:20:11
Currently running this build with some changes to it,

using a 5L loreweave currently (yet to 6L) for more max res (tankiness) as well as damage (elemental damage). This free's up additional sockets which i use to run wave of conviction (-25% res on monsters since we deal only fire damage) & projectile weakness for more damage.

i'm running 2 CWDT links with this.
CWDT - projectile weakness - lightning golem
CWDT - immortal call - inc. duration - wave of conviction

Any takes on this way of running the setup?

pst. wasn't able to get a nice elder mod helm thus felt that the build lacked damage. after these changes damage improved substantially.
Is "40% more Molten Strike damage" helmet enchantment worth the 3-4 extra exalted orbs cost?
"
FedeS a écrit :
Is "40% more Molten Strike damage" helmet enchantment worth the 3-4 extra exalted orbs cost?

I don't know exactly how damage is calculated, do balls(projectiles) get to benefit from it like 40% dmg to every ball your dropping? If it doesn't benefit projectiles damage then it's not im. I don't have helmet enchant right now and my damage current damage on bosses is easily way more then I need I'd rather spend some extra exalts on defensives/gems/watcher eye ie.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires