[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
Stryfex19 a écrit :
For the dual-wielding setup when you already have a Grelwood Shank...how do you think a Hand of Wisdom and Action claw would slide in as the second weapon?

It's got a ton of life on hit as well as some other great stats. The attack speed is a little slow since this build will never have that much Dex but I wonder if this would be a good stopgap before being able to afford an Anger leech Watcher's Eye

If you run Grelwood Shank, there's really no reason to go dual-wield setup for end-game, if you complete the mid-tier budget for this build, your damage is high enough to run with shield that offers you massive damage reduction and further on enables the facetank mode since you gain 80% extra armor from Grelwood Shank when stationary, if your looking for high-end dual wield you would want to go maces (Nebulochs), it's not as flashy and speedy then this build is I would say this build has great balance for facetaking/DPS, dual Nebulochs is clunky/slow, but better DPS and tankiness on bosses like Shaper/Elders, Phoenix, because you hit like a truck between movement. Dual-Wield build also requires some micromanagement, this build doesn't, because as long boss doesn't 1-shot you, you can just hold right click and kill them. Which is probably the reason why this guide has mentioned 1st cockblocker being Phoenix guardian, he is the first boss that will require some proper movement unless you have super sick min/max gear and you are near lvl 100 for maximum nodes (also depends which map modes you are running).
It's not cheap to build, but some builds are playstyle preference (melee vs. caster/ranged).
This build starts slow vs. current meta builds (because ES/Casters/Tricksters are brokenly OP compared to melee), but when it comes to high-end budget it reaches high end cheaper, not talking about min/max, there's no melee builds that can be compared to flex map/boss/end-game content right now other then Jugg MS and this build at high-end budget has perfect balance, it doesn't excel on anything, but also doesn't suck at anywhere, plus side, it definitely beats any caster setup in delving since delving is great source for easy non-trade related currency.

Just wanted to make this post to those who compare this build vs. caster/ranged builds, because melee is very dead right now. Before choosing this build make sure what are you aiming for content wise, it's also quite poor in memory fragments compared to zoom builds, because decay system punishes melee so hard.
Can someone take a look at my character and give me some idea of what to go for next? I am at that point again where I have a few ex to 'spend'
My res is kind of an issue, so tombfist isn't really ideal atm.. :/
(p.s I'm playing in standard)
"
elvorfindra a écrit :
Hi! Thanks for the build, it's so fun to play!

I'M currently level 93 and I have one question regarding the rings. Do you think I should keep using thief's torment with +60 life gain on hit? It will definitely help with dexterity but using two rings only give me max 40 life gain on hit so I'm not sure if it makes me less defensive...

if you can afford it- for sure.
you get more life, dex and res.

get the watchers eye for the leech too and you are good to go.
once you have the leech, 20 LGOH loss wont affect you much.
I think to replace the usual shield on the surrender is it a normal replacement?
Hi, very nice build! like it a lot:)

But i have one question: how mandatory is the wather's eye with 1.x% fire damage leeched as life ?

or is thiefs torment enough for high tier maps?

Best regards

"
Brenthaven a écrit :
Can someone take a look at my character and give me some idea of what to go for next? I am at that point again where I have a few ex to 'spend'
My res is kind of an issue, so tombfist isn't really ideal atm.. :/
(p.s I'm playing in standard)

It would help if we knew what you think is missing - are you short of Defense(Life/Leech/Phys Mit) or Damage - what content are you strugging with?

At a guess it will be damage because your jewels are poor so I suspect you're short of attack speed (should be over 10 - ideally nearer 12)??

Res you will get from replacing the Thief's Torment with 2 LGOH/Res/Life rings but you ideally have a Watcher's Eye at that point too

Tombfists improve damage through a Murderous Gem (or 2 if you can afford) quite a bit - as you're in Standard a legacy Tombfist would also throw you some Attack Speed (at a staggering cost)

Note: for easy future reference - compare your build to the PoB
I was thinking either the anger regen gem or perhaps a stygian belt for some additional 'defense', I'd say my defense is a tad on the low side atm.
I am not struggling with content other than ocassionally getting crit by a boss, or having ele-reflect, which I skip anyhow.
Perhaps I should get the lgoh/res rings to start with, that would clear up some additional points in my talent tree aswell
Dernière édition par Brenthaven, le 24 mars 2019 09:55:21
shouldn't Wave of Conviction be standard for this build now? I have it combined with a lvl 1 Cwdt, and everything in front of me has -25% fire res, even bosses. don't see any reason not to use that?

Looks cool too...
"
E_Zann a écrit :
shouldn't Wave of Conviction be standard for this build now? I have it combined with a lvl 1 Cwdt, and everything in front of me has -25% fire res, even bosses. don't see any reason not to use that?

Looks cool too...

Reduced resistance is really only going to help with Rare and Boss enemies (everything else is dead before it matters) and finding 2 slots which don't harm single-target damage would be tricky...

If you could weave it into the Immortal Call CWDT it would make sense but we tend to run that at a high damage threshold (Level 20 - basically) wheras I imagine Wave of Conviction would be better on a lower threshold?

Obviously it makes sense for levelling/pre-Koam Chest builds for sure tho

Dernière édition par ohnpeat, le 24 mars 2019 14:52:29

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires