[3.6] Fire Elemental Hit Deadeye - Budget - Endgame

"
"
Le_Sanzo a écrit :
"
Quill rain has a lot more attacks per second than chinsol therefore you shoot faster so your able to clear faster

But if you're one shotting every single mob, attack speed doesn't matter. Because even if you are attacking 10 times per second, every attack after the first one is useless.

I have been mapping so far with chin sol and after reading this, just did about 20 maps with a quill rain to try it out. Honestly felt no difference speed-wise.

My observations
- Attacks much faster, yes. I'm firing 2-3 shots with just one click with quill rain instead of one shot but I'm spending the same amount of time firing those arrows as I am when firing 1 shot with chinsol, which has the same effect.
- Mirage archer is faster too but I still felt no difference with clear speed because of the one shots.
- With chinsol equipped, I found myself using way more mana than necessary more often because even for offscreen edge shots, instead of one, chinsol fires 2-3.
- Blink arrow is instantaneous. If someone spams blink arrow to move around, then quill rain is better.
- With bosses, the difference is quite big. Chin sol literally one shots.

Maybe the higher attack speed would increase clear speed for characters that use movement skills like shield charge or whirling blades. Or it may be useful for characters that hit multiple times to clear a mob. But for a one-hit skill like elemental hit, I felt no difference clear-speed wise.

Do whatever fits you, i clear with a 6l quill rain because it feels nice to me and is cheaper than 6l chin sol, then for bosses i weapon swap to a non linked chin sol because it doesn't need links for me anyway

Chin Sol is fine, since Mirage Archer one-shots while you move (assuming your gear is decent).

Otherwise, Lioneye's Glare is likely the best clearing bow. It has good attack speed, Far Shot is used, and the 100% hit chance makes clearing smooth and takes full advantage of the Chain. I don't play Deadeye because it doesn't really offer any benefits, so if you rely on the accuracy bonus Lioneye's Glare might not be that beneficial. The 100% hit and Blind immunity are nice if you're not on lockstep, too.
I am going to start this build this weekend. How good would a 6 Link Lioneye's Glare do compared to Chin Sol? I had one drop and have limited exalts, so wasn't sure whether to run it or sell it and try to upgrade to the Chin Sol?
"
Tanaomit a écrit :
So, if I'm reading this correctly, then the best route is to get a loreweave & 5/6L it? That way you can swap weapons, without having to run 2x 6L weapons (Chin-Sol & Quill Rain)? I tried a TS/Barrage char last temp league & with a lack of currency, it was a nightmare. Hoping to avoid that again but want to try a powerful bow build.

I dropped loreweave and went Kaoms. but I dont agree. You dont need two 6 link weapons. Single target for bosses is a chin sol, with the gems in frostferno. 6 link is a less than 2ex Quill rain with gems in for gmp ele hit. Your chest is free for anything you want to put in.
This also means you could try to buy a corrupted trash link chin sol for cheap if you can find one, since you dont need to socket/link/color it, as you dont put any gems in it.
Why are some people opting out of using Pyre and replacing it with a resists/ele damage ring? isn't it a big DPS loss?
"
Eninya a écrit :
Chin Sol is fine, since Mirage Archer one-shots while you move (assuming your gear is decent).

Otherwise, Lioneye's Glare is likely the best clearing bow. It has good attack speed, Far Shot is used, and the 100% hit chance makes clearing smooth and takes full advantage of the Chain. I don't play Deadeye because it doesn't really offer any benefits, so if you rely on the accuracy bonus Lioneye's Glare might not be that beneficial. The 100% hit and Blind immunity are nice if you're not on lockstep, too.

Like, what? Lioneyes is so much slower than Quill Rain in clear speed it is not even close. And Chin Sol is even slower. But hey, what to expect from somebody that says Deadeye doesnt offer any benefits lol.
"
Mecielle a écrit :
"
Eninya a écrit :

Like, what? Lioneyes is so much slower than Quill Rain in clear speed it is not even close. And Chin Sol is even slower. But hey, what to expect from somebody that says Deadeye doesnt offer any benefits lol.

And what benefits does Deadeye offer? Extra Chain? Tailwind? Raider dumpsters the entire Deadeye ascendacy and always has--the buffs didn't change that in the slightest. Deadeye doesn't even get elemental status immunity, and doesn't get extra resistances, or reliable movement speed.
"
Mecielle a écrit :
Lioneyes is so much slower than Quill Rain in clear speed it is not even close. And Chin Sol is even slower. But hey, what to expect from somebody that says Deadeye doesnt offer any benefits lol.

Man, if by "so much slower", you mean "an insignificant and unnoticeable amount", then yes. I agree. The faster attacks on Mirage Archer as well as ourselves doesn't change a thing for a one hit skill like Ele hit.

If you are getting as slowed down as you seem to say by changing between quill rain and chinsol or even lioneye's, on this build, you're definitely not playing it right.

Quill rain is a placebo. I agree it "feels" faster because "Hey! Faster arrows!". But you're still spending the same amount of time shooting and running.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
"
Solmyr77 a écrit :
"
I don’t see this mechanic explained. If someone could ELI5 please : if the two combat jewels stop lightning and cold from being selected then where is there lightning and cold coming from to convert to fire? Surely ele hit with the two combat jewels is only doing fire?

The gems ‘add cold/lightning to attacks’ is ignored because of the combat jewels, right?

You're right, there should be a mechanical explanation in the OP regarding the damage conversion, because that's the single factor that makes this broken.

Here's a quick and dirty explanation:

The Elemental Hit gem says

adds 1k fire
adds 1k cold
adds 1k lightning

(simplified for explanatory purposes)

But it's only supposed to deal 1k of one random element. Now if you block one or two of them, it's still only supposed to deal 1k of the remaining element(s).

However if you convert the cold and lightning to fire, it becomes something like

adds 2.8k fire
adds 0.1k cold
adds 0.1k lightning

And because it can only choose fire, it will deal 2.8k instead of 1k.

Got it, thank you!
So it’s not supposed to convert the other elements, intended or a bug that will be patched?
"
Got it, thank you!
So it’s not supposed to convert the other elements, intended or a bug that will be patched?

GGG's comment on it was that it is working as intended. But it doesn't feel that way.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
if using 6L chin sol, what reason fire penetration gem was not use in this setup by poster?

i am running on 1 weapon (cannot afford for frostferno at current time), running on ele hit, fire pene, ele w/attack support, cold to fire support, combustion support and pierce support. dont know if any chance to improve this with greater dps? In mapping AoE, i swap pierce with GMP (same gem color), if boss use pierce. total 3 arrow since i have quiver with +2 arrow.

if i manage to grab legacy frostferno, 4L setup: ele hit, combustion, ele w/attack support and fire pene. will it make sense to replace fire pene with level 4 empower? which will give more dps in single target?
Dernière édition par SoFastx, le 6 juil. 2018 04:34:37

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires