[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
MrHusker a écrit :
Melting all content.
Added some top-way crit notes.
Nice build, ty!

I must be doing something wrong just could afford a 5l belly lol :P
Dernière édition par roetetoet, le 9 juin 2019 18:56:37
"
roetetoet a écrit :
"
MrHusker a écrit :
Melting all content.
Nice build, ty!

I must be doing something just could afford a 5l belly lol :P

6-linked myself :P
"
MrHusker a écrit :
Melting all content.
Nice build, ty!

That's almost exactly the three I planned out (although I took Brinkmanship and Diamond Skin over Butchery for range and easier resists while leveling).

I would suggest swapping the Attack speed nodes at the start of the Duelist tree and next to Destroyer for the Melee Physical nodes in the same locations - same amount of points, but greater value (Attack speed is actually the worst scaling stat for Cyclone); otherwise it looks great!
"
Archimtiros a écrit :
"
MrHusker a écrit :
Melting all content.
Nice build, ty!

That's almost exactly the three I planned out (although I took Brinkmanship and Diamond Skin over Butchery for range and easier resists while leveling).

I would suggest swapping the Attack speed nodes at the start of the Duelist tree and next to Destroyer for the Melee Physical nodes in the same locations - same amount of points, but greater value (Attack speed is actually the worst scaling stat for Cyclone); otherwise it looks great!

Why attack speed is the worst? Dont see any reasons for it to be the worst. Esp. with impale
Dernière édition par MrHusker, le 9 juin 2019 19:10:47
"
MrHusker a écrit :
"
Archimtiros a écrit :
"
MrHusker a écrit :
Melting all content.
Nice build, ty!

Why attack speed is the worst? Dont see any reasons for it to be the worst. Esp. with impale

I'd image it's because you already attack insanely fast. Hell, I'm using pulverise which is 15% less attack speed and I still attack extremely fast. Also, attack speed doesnt really do anything for impale. At BEST it gets you your max impale stacks faster, but with cyclone that is very much a non-issue.
"
Archimtiros a écrit :
"
MrHusker a écrit :
Melting all content.
Nice build, ty!

An off-topicish question, but how good is the impresence amulet with phys roll? Going for roughly 3ex right now, and Im wondering if its worth buying it or not.
Gave this a try in standard since I didn't feel like farming up the currency and it's been pretty great so far, it's a blast to play. Thanks for the guide.
"
Talcx a écrit :
"
MrHusker a écrit :

I'd image it's because you already attack insanely fast. Hell, I'm using pulverise which is 15% less attack speed and I still attack extremely fast. Also, attack speed doesnt really do anything for impale. At BEST it gets you your max impale stacks faster, but with cyclone that is very much a non-issue.

Partially this, partially because they're not 1:1 and damage bonuses are typically bigger in general (this varies on a case by case, the first Duelist attack speed node is actually better than the first phys node partially because it gives accuracy instead of life, while the second node is worse than its associated phys node), which also ties into the game formulas (armor, multiplicative bonuses, etc) - mathematically both are damage multipliers which would do virtually the same thing if they started at the same base, but they don't. The only time attack speed is ever really better than raw damage is when you have next to none of it (which you experience at the earliest stages of the game, but that's largely because you overkill most things anyway, so more attack speed is still a clear-speed advantage, if not an absolute DPS one) or if you have a mechanic which is dependent on speed but not damage (like maybe crits do no extra damage but give you a buff of some sort to maintain, so attacking faster gives more chances to crit in a shorter period of time).

There are some exceptions, or at least additional factors which can tie into that, such the impact of flat damage and local weapon attack speed modifiers (which is kind of the basis of elemental attack builds), or inverse armor reduction (bigger hits are mitigated less than smaller ones, which isn't a huge factor late game since most mobs don't have much armor), mana cost, animation time, life on hit vs leech, and so on, but you get the general idea. For 2h builds, you generally get better returns from raw damage unless you happen to have a lot of flat damage mods.

Impale isn't really a factor since with the combination of gem and nodes/banner, you're getting up to 100% chance anyway - faster hits will apply and consume it faster, but impale damage is based on the triggering attack, so more raw damage will cause bigger impales.

Edit: I actually forgot about the changing accuracy formula, and since that first APS node also gives accuracy it's likely now slightly better from a damage perspective, though you're trading some life for it.
Dernière édition par Archimtiros, le 9 juin 2019 21:31:25
What is the best order to get ascendancy points while leveling?
"
Shaddolf a écrit :
What is the best order to get ascendancy points while leveling?

Headsman - Bane - Overwhelm - Impact

The last two can be swapped, depending on when you intend to invest in crit nodes on the passive tree.

Impact actually gives much better immediate returns and clear speed due to 15% more damage and the extra range, but Overwhelm will overtake it in terms of raw damage once you have one or two crit clusters (keep in mind those clusters don't add too much without Overwhelm, so ideally pick them up at about the same time).
Dernière édition par Archimtiros, le 9 juin 2019 23:54:18

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires