[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
For leveling and mapping, the 2 discipline nodes will be useful. But they won't be as useful when for bossing.

I actually wasnt referring to the discipline nodes, i was considering the 4 channeling nodes on the path near point blank. The nodes give attack damage, attack speed, and 20% chance to get a frenzy/end charge when hit while channeling. That combined with Eye of Innocence should have it so I'm hit often enough that I can maintain charges.
Rez
"
ADM0N a écrit :
"
For leveling and mapping, the 2 discipline nodes will be useful. But they won't be as useful when for bossing.

I actually wasnt referring to the discipline nodes, i was considering the 4 channeling nodes on the path near point blank. The nodes give attack damage, attack speed, and 20% chance to get a frenzy/end charge when hit while channeling. That combined with Eye of Innocence should have it so I'm hit often enough that I can maintain charges.

Oh yes. That would work but it will have to be tested out whether the burning from Eye of Innocence is considered a hit.

If it is not, then you need to find another source to self inflict damage for these nodes to work effectively.
I have question regarding Tectonic slam.

I wanted to play with this build but I dont think Ngamahu's Flame is the right choice for tectomic slam (or is it?) so what weapon is good instead? Also by changing the weapon wouldnt I have an extra 6 link that I could use? What skill should I use instead of the Molten burst from Ngamahu?

hi yes, where are you getting your endurance charges from?

Where are you getting intimidated enemies from? I noticed they were checked in path of building.

Same goes for the slayer version - you've got stuff checked that you aren't using :|
Dernière édition par MrSneakyFox, le 6 juin 2019 11:44:28
"
vax a écrit :
"
kira1414 a écrit :

"
illuminate89 a écrit :
@Kira / thread, I want to stay off 'meta' by skipping cyclone and wanted to go down the consecrated path. Is it just inferior when compared to cyclone or is it still strong given the huge buff it received?

Wanted to mention this is for Chieftain

Cyclone will have better single target but Consecrated Path will be fine too.

Mapping speed is probably faster on Consecrated Path.

Cyclone will likely provide better survivability though.

Hi. I used this build on 3.5 and had massive fun with it. I just stuck with ConPatch because mapping was super fun with it, just zoom through the level.

Anyway, two questions:

- will it be possible to just switch out Cyclone and ConPath back and forth depending on the content? Leave all the other gems as they are?

- if we use Cyclone can we somehow take advantage of CwC now? maybe use the 6L to slot in Cyclone->CwC->and some other skill that does dps? I'm not that experienced to know what makes sense here, if at all.

Thanks for this build kira! loving it.

Keen to understand feedback on this too.
Looks fun, gonna give it a try, thanks for the build!
"
kira1414 a écrit :

Oh yes. That would work but it will have to be tested out whether the burning from Eye of Innocence is considered a hit.

If it is not, then you need to find another source to self inflict damage for these nodes to work effectively.

Eye of Innocence has a 100 fire damage hit against you when you ignite so it should work with this (and the increased recover rate ascendancy node). It typically was used for end charge generation on tec slam juggs and for rat cage/vaal molten shell CWDT builds. It also triggers the Solaris and Gruthkul pantheons giving 5% dodge and 5% phys damage reduction.

Other sources that work for a Ngamahu's build are Scolds and Gluttony. Scolds is interesting in a cast while channeling setup to get 100% inc spell damage, but the no armour/es downside of Gluttony is probably too much (it is a free cull though).
"
vax a écrit :

Hi. I used this build on 3.5 and had massive fun with it. I just stuck with ConPatch because mapping was super fun with it, just zoom through the level.

Anyway, two questions:

- will it be possible to just switch out Cyclone and ConPath back and forth depending on the content? Leave all the other gems as they are?

- if we use Cyclone can we somehow take advantage of CwC now? maybe use the 6L to slot in Cyclone->CwC->and some other skill that does dps? I'm not that experienced to know what makes sense here, if at all.

Thanks for this build kira! loving it.

"
illuminate89 a écrit :

Keen to understand feedback on this too.

In 3.7, Cyclone and Consecrated Path will likely be using different color gems.

However, you can use tier 3 Vorici in Research safehouse to get 3 x White sockets. This should enable you to swap gems between the 2 setup easily.

This build will not be able to make full use of CwC mainly because it does not invest into spell nodes. CwC will use Cyclone as a triggering skill while most skill points will be invested into spell nodes.

"
jubsey a écrit :
Hi

Going to try this tomorrow
The POB shows the Xoph's Blood Ammy with Chieftan selected, what Ammy should we use instead?

Many thanks and apologies if i missed something here

Cheers
J

For Chieftain, a rare elder amulet will be recommended. You can check out the recommended section.

The POB also includes Berserker skill tree thus Xoph's Blood was included for DPS comparison.

"
powerplay a écrit :
I have question regarding Tectonic slam.

I wanted to play with this build but I dont think Ngamahu's Flame is the right choice for tectomic slam (or is it?) so what weapon is good instead? Also by changing the weapon wouldnt I have an extra 6 link that I could use? What skill should I use instead of the Molten burst from Ngamahu?

Ngamahu's Flame is just 1 of the options if you want to go Tectonic Slam.

You can definitely choose a high flat physical 2H axe (e.g. Atziri's Disfavor) for the build. The skill tree will remain the same.

"
MrSneakyFox a écrit :
hi yes, where are you getting your endurance charges from?

Where are you getting intimidated enemies from? I noticed they were checked in path of building.

Same goes for the slayer version - you've got stuff checked that you aren't using :|

You can get endurance charges from Enduring Warcry.

Intimidate is from Tombfist gloves.

You can get frenzy charges from Blood Rage.

"
ADM0N a écrit :

Eye of Innocence has a 100 fire damage hit against you when you ignite so it should work with this (and the increased recover rate ascendancy node). It typically was used for end charge generation on tec slam juggs and for rat cage/vaal molten shell CWDT builds. It also triggers the Solaris and Gruthkul pantheons giving 5% dodge and 5% phys damage reduction.

Other sources that work for a Ngamahu's build are Scolds and Gluttony. Scolds is interesting in a cast while channeling setup to get 100% inc spell damage, but the no armour/es downside of Gluttony is probably too much (it is a free cull though).

Good to know that the burning damage is considered a hit. In that case, Charging Offensive will be a very good way to generate endurance and frenzy charges. :)
"
kira1414 a écrit :
In 3.7, Cyclone and Consecrated Path will likely be using different color gems.

However, you can use tier 3 Vorici in Research safehouse to get 3 x White sockets. This should enable you to swap gems between the 2 setup easily.

This build will not be able to make full use of CwC mainly because it does not invest into spell nodes. CwC will use Cyclone as a triggering skill while most skill points will be invested into spell nodes.

Thanks! May I ask which build will you start with personally? :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires