Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

Gone.
Dernière édition par AmbersDesire, le 13 déc. 2019 00:30:24
"
Chris a écrit :
Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?

For my part I'd say: a little of both.
I liked how teasers and bigger announcements were available over the last few weeks, to build up anticipation.
But I found the patchnotes themselves a little... let's call it anticlimactic, because there was nothing big left to find out.

So, personally, I'd find it best if you handled future releases MOSTLY like this one BUT kept one (the information you think most important/crazy) back until patchnotes, so we get our much anticipated climax.
I thought the approach overall was good, and I agree with all of the nerfs that affect builds I've played recently.

Only minor criticism would be that the nerf notes seemed to promise a bit more buffs than what came. But I think people are forgetting that new gems are often very powerful when introduced, and with so many, we have quite a few buffs in that regard.

Anyway, looking forward to the league and I dig the random Zana mod, great idea! Also, Zana 8 being impossible to get is something people need to get over. I decided to try it in Harbinger and went from Zana 5 to 8 in ~10 days, without buying a single prophecy.
"
AmbersDesire a écrit :
Still a shit game lmao. Seems like i'll never be coming back. Oh well guess im happy with what im playing online these days anyway.
Thanks for your balanced review of the best ARPG currently available, regardless of whatever valid concerns there might be.
"
Chris a écrit :
Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?
I prefer this approach. Don't hold back information - better get it out there, and receive some early feedback. There's still plenty of hype for the patch notes.
No single word about VP nerf balancing
No single word about Acuity nerf which has made the whole uber Atziri encounter unrewarding

Are those too hot topics to comment on, dear GGG?
wonder how many ppl send angry emails... poor devs
"
Chris a écrit :
Breach is on Level 8 Zana again
We absolutely know that you like Breach, and that's why the Abyss league has been designed the way it has. It is the new Breach, and it is in almost every area. It's balanced in basically the same way in terms of hectic fights and item rewards.

Breach still occurs 10% of the time in maps, it's easy to roll with the "Fortune Favours the Brave" outcome, and we chose to include it on Zana's list for a second consecutive league (rather than rotating it out). There are certainly going to be a lot of Breaches opened in 3.1.0!

Sorry Chris, but no. Even though Breach is popular, not all of us like it. Forcing us once again, with Abyss, to go clear speed is a bit of a dick move. I know that this might sound shocking to some, but we don't all play clear speed builds. Reason why I never enjoyed Breach, and will probably not enjoy Abyss. I'll still play, cause the game overall is awesome, but I'll just skip the abysses (no point in doing something our build, and play-style can't deal with).

Now that I've got this rant out of the system; please consider doing something non clear speed related, next league. Before you say anything; I know harbinger was not clear speed related; it was just boring.

Just once in a blue moon, listen to the less vocal player base.

P.S harbinger did not happen; we don't talk about it.
Dernière édition par lupasvasile, le 6 déc. 2017 12:07:51
"
Chris a écrit :
We posted the 3.1.0 patch notes today, and wanted to quickly address some specific feedback.

You're going to go nuts trying to stay in front of this mob your game (and every game) creates. or more exactly: the unsatisfied fring that gets the loudest and table flips the hardest over the least minutia. I've seen this sort of thing in multiple MMO's that get big and while POE isn't an MMO in a strict or qualitative sense. It has most of the same community issues of constant desire for content and appeasing a wide range of players at the same time as a ton of niche desires that sadly are mostly never going to be satisfied because doing what they want would make a shitty game.

You're never going to please the unhappy jaded rabble, because each and every one of them thinks that any change that doesn't fit their subjective ideal of perfection equates to you guys not knowing what you're doing. Dunning-Kruger is impossible to fight. You can't tell someone who likes 10 Ghost Peppers in their bowl of chili that 80% of the "eaters" don't like that and you're not going to put it in everyone's chili. You also can't listen to them when they get angry at you, and tell you you're not a competent "chef" because you wont put their desired ingredients in.

IMO addressing this stuff just feeds the fire. it's nice and it's something almost no other Developers do, but in the end you're just encouraging more baby rage at minutia. The sharks smell blood when they perceive that the lead developer is apologizing for not knocking their socks off. You're giving hope to bullies that they can't bully you into doing what the reddit hive mind up-votes the most.

While there's certainly room for feedback; in the end you should make the game you want to play and let everyone else sort themselves out, either we like it or we don't.

Just my 2c as someone who's played a ton of games in his life, from D&D in 1979 to Diablo 1 (I was on the usenet group that basically codified Diablo as an "ARPG" in 1994 (or whatever), to POE. I've seen this same thing play out scores of times in online game communities. Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Even after saying that rebalancing some skills requires to rebuild them from ground up i do not understand how come some skills haven't gotten updated for years and are barely used anymore, thous should have been a priority and not the nerfs to currently used skills, what i like in these kinds of ARPGs is the diversity but if you nerf stuff people will just get mainstreamed into playing 2-3 builds at most. And to people saying that nerfs are fine and that your character isn't supposed to be a "god", isn't that kinda the point of ARPGs, your main goal is to get items which will translate into you becoming more powerful which then makes the game content easier thus you are striving to become "god" who can take on any kind of content. Sure the nerfs to things which make you incredibly powerful at close to no cost and farming are ok, but the buffs to other skills are even better because then you enable diversity which is currently needed.

Well after the rant i should at least thank you for making this amazing game and even after this kind of thing happening i will continue to support the game and look forward to next additions to it.
Looking forward to the new league and the updated atlas.
Dernière édition par ImmorTaliSx, le 6 déc. 2017 12:39:57

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires