Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

"Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?"

its way much better to announce big thing like "VP nerf" before the actual patch notes itself !

it helps taking the pill, i was like "whatever bruh" since i already knew it and accepted it while reading patch notes, instead of being in a "riot mood"
"
TRV a écrit :
"
Satan_Assembler a écrit :
Still waiting for chaos reflect.

"
TRV a écrit :
Oh fuck you. You released it, you should deal with it as is. Im tired of path of fucking nerfs. Its trash now and you know it.

Quit, no one needs imbeciles around.
'

Go fuck yourself.

^this.

I'm not supporting the game anymore. Haven't since July 2017. It may not be much, but at least I get the satisfaction of knowing I'm taking away at least 1 pizza roll from Chris's dinner table.

Nerf their Wallet Campaign.
"
ubersuperduper a écrit :
"
typecast a écrit :
Brightbeak? Bloodseeker?

Why is Bisco's still in the game? That's an item that shouldn't have gone out in its state after the IIQ nerfs of 2013/2014.

Please stfu, its quite hard to atlas progress without any biscos.

Except it's not as long as you killed bosses. Map rarity/quantity/packsize are getting changes to also help. 32 more maps to contribute to the +2 map bonus. Bisco's needs to be removed, not just made into a 200ex T1 chase unique preferably used by virtually all builds.
Dernière édition par typecast, le 6 déc. 2017 14:05:33
You cant satisfy everyone and you shouldnt even try doing so.
Will end up going in circles unable to progress.
Dernière édition par Satan_Assembler, le 6 déc. 2017 14:08:37
"
Chris a écrit :
We posted the 3.1.0 patch notes today, and wanted to quickly address some specific feedback.

There are too few buffs
This was honestly a time issue. We have buffs planned that have been pushed to later 3.1.x patches or 3.2.0 due to being incomplete as of this week. The 3.1.0 expansion was developed under an aggressive schedule, fitting what would normally take 26 weeks into 17. While we try to budget sufficient time to include everything we want to into a release, we felt that this was an acceptable compromise over not having a big December release for you to enjoy during the holidays. Buffing stuff isn't just a matter of typing a bigger number into a box, but often involves re-creating content from the ground up, like with Lightning Tendrils.

Also, please note that many buffs have come in the form of new uniques or skill combinations that aren't 100% obvious from quickly skim-reading the patch notes.

Not enough buffs for unpopular Ascendancy Classes
3.2.0 is planned to have a rebalance of all Ascendancies (notably including the Scion and Elementalist).

Breach is on Level 8 Zana again
We absolutely know that you like Breach, and that's why the Abyss league has been designed the way it has. It is the new Breach, and it is in almost every area. It's balanced in basically the same way in terms of hectic fights and item rewards.

Breach still occurs 10% of the time in maps, it's easy to roll with the "Fortune Favours the Brave" outcome, and we chose to include it on Zana's list for a second consecutive league (rather than rotating it out). There are certainly going to be a lot of Breaches opened in 3.1.0!

The Baron nerf
This item should never have gone out in its original state. A single item granting a ~200% bonus to melee physical damage for minions is not acceptable. We are very sorry for this, and that we had to later nerf it. It's still a great item.

From what I overhear in the office, the new Abyss Jewels are "outrageously powerful for summoners" and can roll "so much crazy shit".

The patch notes are "generally underwhelming"
So with this release, we pulled out the new expansion details, the league, all the specific nerfs, and heaps of news tidbits for separate announcement. This left the patch notes themselves somewhat dry of exceptionally interesting information, as we generally spotlighted it earlier (with the exception of the new Flask UI, Hedge Maze removal, character league dropdown QOL changes, etc). Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?

Thank you for this, Chris.

Baron nerf was necessary, this item was broken since the release.
Yes, we love Breach.
Yes, the fortune favours the brave zana mod is absolutely amazing. I loved this. I wish you could look forward to add something in zana mods that add TWO MODS or THREE MODS at the same time to maps. We like kill monsters Chris, that's what poe is all about. We love maps full of mobs and dangerous packs of sick mobs in every corner. Zana can do it for us if you allow her. :P

Ascendancy classes was a ok change to nerf a little bit slayer, his life leech was broken.
However, classes like elementalist, assassin and Deadeye clearly needs a buff.

No I don't, I actually like this approach. Telling us slowly what you're doing.

Don't worry with people freaking out about everything, but yes, somethings ( like i said above ) you have to consider.

Also, My Dear Chris, the XP grinding nerf was totally a unnecessary change. I made a thread here with 10 pags, take a look and answer if you can.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2035905/page/1

From everything new from 3.1, I'm ok with ALL changes, except this one.
You just removed completely the chance from 99,999% players to reach level 100 and designed the level 100 grinding of your own game for 3-4 streamers zizaran/steelmage/guccipradas.

May I ask you, from the botton of my heart, why you did that? Just tell me why. Satisfy my curiosity please.

Level 100 should be something HARD, but possible, even for casual players reach it in, let's say, 2 months. The way it is now you just removed it from any player that are not steelmage or havoc. Balancing your own game around 3 streamers is a disaster, my friend.

Some of us have a life, study, work, and some of us still want to grind to 100 without the 40h in a row no-stop-farming.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Dernière édition par imLuCaSsS, le 6 déc. 2017 14:20:26
"
johnbell2 a écrit :
Doesn't bother me... changes keep things fresh and make you think... this isn't the only game like this, even in golf they move the pins around... no whining, play the green.

it doesn't bother you because you've only been playing the game for about a year, your point of reference is so minuscule and near irrelevant compared to those of us who have been supporting the game since the beginning that it shouldn't even be valid. it's unfortunate that the game is now overpopulated by people such as yourself, who are OK with what GGG is doing to their own game.

If only you people were around for the glory days of PoE, where most abilities can be viable and built around. Where they would introduce new content, new skill gems, and not nerf everything else to the ground. Back when you would be able to roll a new build and try something new every week.

The problem is that there are so many of you people now that the opinions of the people who are against such changes and aggressive nerfing and meta controlling is being completely drowned out. You f2p players need to remember that this game would not be anywhere near it's current state if it weren't for the money from early supporters. We are not expecting everything to go our way but we expect our voices to be heard. So far it seems like we are being completely ignored. GGG is either making balances for the top 0.01% of players (aka the walking bag of diabetes that is ziz), or the casual bottom 90% of players who never get pass level 90 and their most end-game goal is to own some 6L rare chest/weapon to "complete" their build.
MFJonesHC
Dernière édition par MFJones, le 6 déc. 2017 14:20:47
"
Chris a écrit :

From what I overhear in the office, the new Abyss Jewels are "outrageously powerful for summoners" and can roll "so much crazy shit".

Play summoners guys ! Huge nerf incoming in 3.2.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I enjoy rolling new builds every league, so I enjoy these changes to the build meta - but I also understand the frustration from Standard League people. However, at the end of the day, PoE seems to be about the temporary leagues - so you'll either have to play standard with that in mind, or find an offline ARPG so you don't have to worry about things changing out from under you.
"
MFJones a écrit :
"
johnbell2 a écrit :
Doesn't bother me... changes keep things fresh and make you think... this isn't the only game like this, even in golf they move the pins around... no whining, play the green.

it doesn't bother you because you've only been playing the game for about a year, your point of reference is so minuscule and near irrelevant compared to those of us who have been supporting the game since the beginning that it shouldn't even be valid. it's unfortunate that the game is now overpopulated by people such as yourself, who are OK with what GGG is doing to their own game.

If only you people were around for the glory days of PoE, where most abilities can be viable and built around. Where they would introduce new content, new skill gems, and not nerf everything else to the ground. Back when you would be able to roll a new build and try something new every week.

The problem is that there are so many of you people now that the opinions of the people who are against such changes and aggressive nerfing and meta controlling is being completely drowned out. You f2p players need to remember that this game would not be anywhere near it's current state if it weren't for the money from early supporters. We are not expecting everything to go our way but we expect our voices to be heard. So far it seems like we are being completely ignored. GGG is either making balances for the top 0.01% of players (aka the walking bag of diabetes that is ziz), or the casual bottom 90% of players who never get pass level 90 and their most end-game goal is to own some 6L rare chest/weapon to "complete" their build.

The entitlement is unreal. Because you're a long time player you are more important than everyone else? [Removed by Support] You made the point yourself already. [Removed by Support] Exactly. The game is popular, making the money it does, because it's attracted more and more recent people that then funnel money into it. If anything, the newer you are, the more relevant your opinion is - as long as the game is growing - because they represent the demographic that is now playing the game. There's a reason that the game is doing as well as it is now, and I hate to say it, but it's not your contribution 5 years ago.
Dernière édition par Blank_GGG, le 6 déc. 2017 19:06:07
""""From what I overhear in the office, the new Abyss Jewels are "outrageously powerful for summoners" and can roll "so much crazy shit".""""

game of pussies that will not directly facetanker bosses...... this game it seems will be intended only for new players .... some day even new players will say the same thing after u invest time and money in a build that they will nerf ..... gl anyhow, perhaps the new players will sustain u until u nerf theyr builds as well

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires