Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

So either we have SCRUM in place at GGG and the SCRUM Master failed to communicate in advance that a lot of goals will not be reached or we have a lack of SCRUM at all.

Dunno. If you put 26 Weeks of development into 17 weeks it _can_ work out, if everyone is working overtime as fuck. Otherwise it's clear it will not work out.

The manifesto was building up hype, so did everything about the release of 3.1 - even tho GGG is already in their testing/release phase, with the last real change being developed atleast 1 week ago.

I honestly see a big failure in cutclear communication here - the lack of changes should have been clear to GGG atleast 2 weeks ago. They should have announced that proactively. The manifesto tells us exactly the opposite of that.

And as a developer myself, without seeing the internals of GGG - SCRUM is there, to be able to communicate with your client. To react to your client.
Please GGG, use it, to communicate better.
"
ByR a écrit :
"
TrexerPoE a écrit :

If i recall there was a shaper killing build involving just zombies. Zombies are mostly meat shields and the zombies didnt get nerfed in every build they are used in, just the baron build.

If they buff their damage, builds that use them as meat shield will be the same, so I don't see the problem, but right now any "zombie only" build is basically destroyed because you need baron to do decent damage (not crazy, only decent).

How is it destroyed? Baron nerf is half. Its still viable just not as strong. And if the zombie only build was only a baron build well then maybe look for a new zombie only build
You are doing an amazin job and every single nerf is well-deserved and needed. Good job... Yea, it would be nice with some buffs aswell: and i also think some stuff in the game still feels way too OP and makes it mandatory: but gj overall.
"
TrexerPoE a écrit :
"
ByR a écrit :
"
TrexerPoE a écrit :

If i recall there was a shaper killing build involving just zombies. Zombies are mostly meat shields and the zombies didnt get nerfed in every build they are used in, just the baron build.

If they buff their damage, builds that use them as meat shield will be the same, so I don't see the problem, but right now any "zombie only" build is basically destroyed because you need baron to do decent damage (not crazy, only decent).

How is it destroyed? Baron nerf is half. Its still viable just not as strong. And if the zombie only build was only a baron build well then maybe look for a new zombie only build

I'm ok with that but the problem is only zombies are not buffed, it's not hard to understand. 3 skills affected by the nerf, 2 of them are buffed.
Dernière édition par ByR, le 6 déc. 2017 06:43:09
"
ByR a écrit :
"
TrexerPoE a écrit :

I'm ok with that but the problem is only zombies are not buffed, it's not hard to understand. 3 skills affected by the nerf, 2 of them are buffed.

Its simple. They felt zombie damage was in a fine place. Maybe zombies were dealing more damage then intended compared to the other 2. Just find a few more damage nodes or a unique to buff some damage. You sure will have the currency for it with that baron price drop.
Your game has gotten out of your control. You need to stop adding crap to it and stabilize it. You're adding too much.

Seriously... step back from your project and look at how players are playing you, rather than the game.

They look for flaws in the game and exploit them rather than just playing the game as you envision it. They then get angry when you take those exploits away. The problem is that you keep giving them crap to exploit, which you then take away.

Guess that works for you.
im sorry but in my opinion it would've been better if you delayed the expansion and patch by couple more weeks or even a whole month. no one even expected an expansion this soon after last expansion but this expansion looks poor .. for old players the most fun part is try new builds that werent viable in past
playing in this patch simply mean to just repeat old builds again.
the balance is still awful and so many cool skills are still not worth playing.
this expansion and lack of balance changes is very disappointing and im going to skip 1 more patch
even in 3.0 we did not have a decent enough balance changes and now its second exansion in a row
im sure all of us players hoped this will just be a balance patch
im probably not going to play in this patch unless you make more balance changes and im definitely not going to buy a support pack for this expansion even tho i really wanted to because they look awesome. worse patch ever
too many nerf and no buff where is the balance between those...
keep in mind that he said buff incoming in 3.1.x OR 3.2 so ya great to hear this but 3.2 really?
it a really stupid move to tell every one oh there is buff coming ur way this league when there is actually none that is really noticable and you think people will play the league for more than a month or two if you dont give them something to feed their i wanna do something different this time hunger.

it's like if bring my car to the garage and the guy tell me it gunna be fixed this week or maybe in 3month like wtf i may go to another garage then ( in this case another game )
Dernière édition par johnytwotime, le 6 déc. 2017 06:58:38
"
johnytwotime a écrit :
too many nerf and no buff where is the balance between those...
keep in mind that he said buff incoming in 3.1.x OR 3.2 so ya great to hear this but 3.2 really?
it a really stupid move to tell every one oh there is buff coming ur way this league when there is actually none that is really noticable and you think people will play the league for more than a month or two if you dont give them something to feed their i wanna do something different this time hunger.

it's like if my car to the garage and the guy tell me it gunna be fixed this week or maybe in 3month like wtf i may go to another garage then ( in this case another game )

exactly and worse part is.. in 3.0 they said they had alot mroe changes and buffs but they will be in 3.1 and when 3.2 comes they will tell us they had no time and it will be in 3.9 ..
i honestly dont care for the expansion what i wanted was only new builds some reworks buffs to weak skills so we can try new things. only thing this patch has is somewhat new vaal pact
they should delay this patch by 2 weeks and focus for 2 weeks on balance only
"
Chris a écrit :
Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?

This approach was heaps better, imo. The more we know in advance about impending nerfs the better, so we can prepare. And frankly this round came across as more honest and up front, with clear explanations in youe manifesto. None of the nerfs were complete destructions of a character (e.g. Mjolnir juggernaut / all of CoC), and though a few builds are no longer viable they were a) overpowered in game-breaking ways (instant leech / invincible golems), and b) their loss was somewhat salved in std with legacy. Players starting new characters in Abyss will just try other things, and if they are sad they need to change things up, well, sometimes the loss of an indulgence can feel like suffering but it really isn't the same thing.

I for one appreciated the new strategy.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires