Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

"
Innomen a écrit :
"
Chris a écrit :
Buffing stuff isn't just a matter of typing a bigger number into a box, but often involves re-creating content from the ground up, like with Lightning Tendrils.

Am I Seriously supposed pity the workload you legally demand via monopoly greed? Coder entitlement is over 9000. I'd code some of these changes myself if I had mod tools. You don't get to lock everyone else out, cash checks, and then whine about work load without being a huge hypocrite.

Wew lad, you're one of those people that just really talks right out of their rear aren't you? Lemme guess, you know java script or maybe AS? Get out of here with that stuff man, you don't have half an idea of what it takes to program a game, balance shit or even get new content off of paper and into a state that's appropriate for live.
"
Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?
No, it was great having new info and uniques to discuss with friends every day this past week! The patchnote was pretty interesting too honestly, sure we knew the majority but there were still some nice tidbits.

I can't wait for 3.2 and the ascendancy balance. Elementalist is my favourite one, I hope you'll be able to keep what makes it interesting ! (the cycling of elemental effects, please please try to keep it !)
'big list of buffs tomorrow!'

'oh, about those buffs, yeah I already knew they weren't coming when I said they would be announced tomorrow.'
from super hyped to , well this is a 36 challenge league rush .
You should just delayed the release if it was going to be this poor you needed to make 2 posts only path of nerfs and path of QOL because every thing else is so underwhelming.
"There's is other options to barrage for wand/bow skills" definitly not and leaving the old skills as they are it stays exact same bs.
no tweaks on sunder?
this bs xp thing went trough cattering to the 1%?

Definitly a pretty weak job from your side GGG each expasion making me lose more and more faith in you
Dernière édition par darktuga, le 6 déc. 2017 05:28:43
Sorry Chris , but you are butchering your own game here. You took away build and solution you just recently brought up (like Life based RF, Self cast dark pact (non regen..) this is looking really bad when you feel empty about a new "expansion" wich adds nothing to build diversity and way to deal with threats. I die only by oneshots , is this changing ? then there's no point in doing a defensive character , if i still get oneshotted i just go for clearspeed. ... bad game mechanics needs a fix not just nerf the way to deal with em in the first place. sorry for the rant , but i play since the start and i really feel sorry for this crap is becoming... always less, less ES characters , now should we all go summoners ? all go double totem ? i want to do direct damage in a game that try to force me behind a barrier... wtf
The way the patch notes themselves were presented was fine, it was already a massive wall of text, and saving every bit of change to be presented in patch notes first would only have made this more difficult to find information relevant to ones intended build.

The ratio of nerf:buff in my opinion was absolutely fine. This game has been power creeping for many leagues, and it's ok for the tide to change once in a while.

Others may have missed buffs which were not stated outright, such as shatter...

I guess we just missed the "This is a buff" meme.
"
Chris a écrit :
The patch notes are "generally underwhelming"
So with this release, we pulled out the new expansion details, the league, all the specific nerfs, and heaps of news tidbits for separate announcement. This left the patch notes themselves somewhat dry of exceptionally interesting information, as we generally spotlighted it earlier (with the exception of the new Flask UI, Hedge Maze removal, character league dropdown QOL changes, etc). Do you feel this approach was worse than holding back information to bolster the patch notes with crazy reveals?

I think the main source of disappointment comes from the fact that most of us, old players, wait eagerly for the patch notes to find which skills are finally going to get out of the "bad skill limbo" and become viable options again. Introducing new skills into the game creates a fake sense of greater variety when more skills are, at the same time, being relegated to the formerly-awesome-but-now-unable-to-deal-with-the-hardest-content category.

Same goes for Ascendancy classes : some of them were so greatly nerfed that, for someone who knows the game, the 19 Ascendancy classes represent a fake diversity. So many of them are sub par, they're not even live options.

I'd really like to go into a new league knowing I don't have to select one of the few meta builds in order to do, in the end, the Guardians, Shaper, get to level 100, etc.

I personally like Ice Nova and SRS. That's pretty much it. I'm a bit tired of playing SRS and I'm just waiting to see a decent AOE and DPS buff to Ice Nova to cope for the fact that bosses have double HP and that you need to be up close and very tanky to play Ice Nova. It used to be awesome. Not OP, but still great.

Dernière édition par Monsieur_Gao, le 6 déc. 2017 05:47:52
"We have buffs planned that have been pushed to later 3.1.x patches or 3.2.0 due to being incomplete as of this week. The 3.1.0 expansion was developed under an aggressive schedule, fitting what would normally take 26 weeks into 17."

Nobody asked for another expansion 3 months after 3.0, [Removed by Support] . Maybe it's time for you to rethink your release schedule and test stuff out before releasing it to the public [Removed by Support].

Dernière édition par Allen_GGG, le 6 déc. 2017 06:40:27

Well, except the Acuity nerf anyway.
"
fraz81 a écrit :
Sorry Chris , but you are butchering your own game here. You took away build and solution you just recently brought up (like Life based RF, Self cast dark pact (non regen..) this is looking really bad when you feel empty about a new "expansion" wich adds nothing to build diversity and way to deal with threats. I die only by oneshots , is this changing ? then there's no point in doing a defensive character , if i still get oneshotted i just go for clearspeed. ... bad game mechanics needs a fix not just nerf the way to deal with em in the first place. sorry for the rant , but i play since the start and i really feel sorry for this crap is becoming... always less, less ES characters , now should we all go summoners ? all go double totem ? i want to do direct damage in a game that try to force me behind a barrier... wtf

Oh yes. Forcing people to take something other than vaal pact is butchering the diversity. It's adding more. Life base RF was the original RF it has been in the game for years. Guess you skipped the part where the substantially buffed life regen on items as well as the regen on ROTP. Dark pact was suppose to be combined with minions and/or totems not a vaal pact beserker. It's not dead you just have to invest more into leech, HP and defense and it should still do fine.

If you look past the beserker there are plenty of ways to deal with threats. How do you think people kill shaper in hardcore and they don't get one shot? Drop some of that clear speed and invest into defense. Guarantee if you get life on most of your gear with decent rolls and give your tree at least 200% life you should be well out of non telegraphed one shot range. But wait get a fortify link, maybe mind over matter and drop some damage auras try swapping one of the damage heralds with Artic armour, try double defensive curse, learn to move instead fire until kill or killed. Facetanking shaper should get you destroyed. His abilities are telegraphed for a reason. Or any other boss for that matter.

with reflect reworked getting one shot is entierly YOUR fault. you didnt move, you didnt have enaugh defensive layers, you dont have enaugh gear. Welcome to RPG games. Go back, grind some content, try again.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires