Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

I believe part of the negative reaction comes as a natural consequence of the hype being built up both by the player community and by GGG in anticipation of a new league. Larger playerbase, a large influx of new players since 3.0, teasers, spoilers and piecemeal news create a demand that will be exceptionally hard to meet.

With 3.0 largely focusing on the early game it was clear the next content update would need to focus on the end-game, and in that regard 3.1 seems to deliver.
However, and this is a massive however, we've been waiting a long time for a serious skill and passives overhaul and now we're told to wait even longer. Making builds and the modality of the skill system is what got me playing in the first place and what keeps me playing even now, more than four years later. With most of the new gems having been revealed, the patch notes had very little meat in this regard.

There's also a fair bit of psychology involved. Lines such as "Added 32 new maps" or "Added 48 new Unique items" hide much of their actual impact on the game and are fairly quickly glossed over, as opposed to a separate line for each skill/gem/passive change. Much of the work going into 3.1 is essentially obfuscated in the patch notes.

Also, more parasites? Those pesky buggers were already bloody annoying as is :p
"
git67 a écrit :
"
verminoth a écrit :
Like, literally write down the list of buffs and the list of nerfs.

As of right now 3.1 patch notes is basically just bug fixes and nerfs. Which is why it's utterly underwhelming.

Yeah if you entirely ignore the new league, items and maps and map system, but yeah it's all nerfs /s

On a less sarcastic note it really annoys me that people are only focusing on buffs/nerfs and not seeing all the other content GGG are putting in this patch.

new league, items, maps, and map system != buffs.

They said we were going to get buffs today, in fact, so many buffs that we would be very happy today.
People aren't happy.
I'm not happy.

They nerf so much so quickly, it's literally hard to keep up with the amount of items and builds I have to throw in the trash every league.

"
Chris a écrit :
Buffing stuff isn't just a matter of typing a bigger number into a box, but often involves re-creating content from the ground up, like with Lightning Tendrils.

wasnt this the only time this happened?
Oblivious
"
Disrupted a écrit :
"
Chris a écrit :
Buffing stuff isn't just a matter of typing a bigger number into a box, but often involves re-creating content from the ground up, like with Lightning Tendrils.

wasnt this the only time this happened?

Well no.. Old Phase run was a skill they removed and added much much later..
If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!
"

As a software developer, you CAN literally type bigger numbers into a box to buff things.
It's possible.
You don't have to refactor code or graphics if you don't have time.
Do a MVP of it.
Perhaps just stay with the MVP.
You don't have to redesign it from the ground up.

While you have limited resources you chose to spend it on a skill that isn't going to be used by many people unless it's damage effectiveness makes up for having to stand still super close to your enemies (which I doubt).

You decided to put resources into one skill rather than buff underused skills across the board, which could have achieved your goals of "enabling more builds".

I would rather have 5 5 to 10% numerical buffs to underused skills, than one skill with new graphics but that's just me.

I'm not asking for EVERYTHING NOW NOW NOW, but don't give us all the nerfs heaped onto a plate with nothing tasty on it.

Perhaps maybe you could tell us that you're going to take some of those nerfs and put those in 3.2 so we can even this out?
If you are giving path of nerf, give us path of BUFFS!!!
"
ryukenden a écrit :
If you are giving path of nerf, give us path of BUFFS!!!
That'll do pig, that'll do. Job well done GGG <3
IGN: Sin
I think you are doing great Chris!!!! It is hard to please EVERYONE but you are doing what is right for the game and you put so much LOVE into the game it is going to so FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once people start playing they are going to have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
Chris a écrit :
We absolutely know that you like Breach...

It's not about liking it, though. It's about it being the best way to farm loot. It's about being forced to grind Zana favor every single league just to keep up. It's about being forced to group up with randos who might scam you every single day just to complete league challenges.

It's neither fun nor engaging. There is no sense of pride and accomplishment. It's just a very long to-do list -- or, if you have the currency to prophecy your way to the end, a very expensive one.

I still remember when v1.2 was in the works. You said that daily missions weren't going to be requirements to play -- that they weren't going to be a daily forced task. They are. They have been for the past three years. Every single league we're forced to grind the same ridiculously boring missions over and over and over.

We need alternate ways to grind master favor. Being forced to run a thousand master missions every single league is so tiring and played out. Let us do something else. Please.
https://redd.it/p0hyul

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires