Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

"

They nerf so much so quickly, it's literally hard to keep up with the amount of items and builds I have to throw in the trash every league.

TBH if you have to throw a build in the trash after it gets nerfed POE isn't really the game for you. Generally you just have to do a few adjustments after nerfs to get builds working well.

I swear every time a build goes from disgustingly overpowered to just overpowered people lose their heads because they can't be f###ed spending the effort to theorycraft.
Dernière édition par git67, le 5 déc. 2017 22:24:53
I'm hype for the new league and I approve all the nerfs, being in a 4 year relationship sometimes you gotta spice up the bedroom.
"
"
Chris a écrit :
We absolutely know that you like Breach...

It's not about liking it, though. It's about it being the best way to farm loot. It's about being forced to grind Zana favor every single league just to keep up. It's about being forced to group up with randos who might scam you every single day just to complete league challenges.

It's neither fun nor engaging. There is no sense of pride and accomplishment. It's just a very long to-do list -- or, if you have the currency to prophecy your way to the end, a very expensive one.

I still remember when v1.2 was in the works. You said that daily missions weren't going to be requirements to play -- that they weren't going to be a daily forced task. They are. They have been for the past three years. Every single league we're forced to grind the same ridiculously boring missions over and over and over.

We need alternate ways to grind master favor. Being forced to run a thousand master missions every single league is so tiring and played out. Let us do something else. Please.

One way:
Killing monsters in zones where a master is should give rep.

It would make it super cool and interesting when you pop into a map and see you getting zana rep as you go.

I for one think the patch notes are great and really have very few complaints. Don't be so reactive - people will still line up to play your newest league as long as the new content is compelling. Notice how so many of the whiners have so few supporter packs to their names. ;)

Me and my Bronze Kiwi thank you. <3
I really enjoy the way you announced major nerfs first. It was a sort of lubricant.

I also like that with the nerfs that were seen earlier, that I could almost foreshadow other nerfs;
IE: Seeing the Vaal Pact nerf, prepared me for a Slayer Nerf as well...damn you, but ok.

Overall, what do you really want us to say?

"Yay, items and characters are weaker now!"...Neh, it is what it is, you play PoE long enough, you develop the Battered Player Syndrome and Learned Helplessness.

Overall, My Character was nerfed in multiple ways:

1) Cyclone not being supported by Ruthless
(Meh, Rutheless is now replaced with Chance to Bleed).

2) Slayer 10% Max Life Leech
(I never understood leech mechanics, but the new VP will make up for it, although I hate not havin' life regen...blood rage is annoying that way)

3) Vulnerability change on Witchbrew
(This was a serious DPS flask for my Crimson Dance Slayer...but guess I'll just add a high armor flask instead.)

I do have one question for you Chris.
How do current items with Vulnerability Corruptions get affected?

PS: I really wish you hadn't made this post, it really adds salt to the wound. You reminded me that there were supposed to be buffs...where...? My Slayer Cycloner is just going through more obstacles now, although I'm sure I can manage.

Thanks for a great game as always, no sarcasm at all.
You will always have my support, hate, and love.

Uhh as the guy above state...

Me and my Divine Rhoa thank you?

"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Dernière édition par NaarJitsu, le 5 déc. 2017 22:31:03
We do like Breach, it's grinding master exp that sucks.

Putting everyones favorite mod at 8 feels like a weak way to make us play more by slow rolling our fun.
With a bit more context, the reaction of the community is easier to understand. The league before FoO was Legacy, a filler league without any kind of new content, a ton of annoying micro management and the infamous AoE nerf. It lasted for 6 months.

Then FoO was released, with an overwhelming number of nerfs and a broken DoT system that barely works thanks to a bandaid that was added literally the day before the patch despite the system being in beta for several months. With it came the most underwhelming league since Talisman, and a Pantheon system that has less than half its nodes playable. Most of them barely make any difference anyway.

Then, yesterday, we had the "Path of Nerfs" dev manifesto, filled with some more nerfs to popular builds, but also promising a decent number of buffs. And now that we have the complete patchnote, we can see it was a lie. There are maybe 3 melee attacks that got slightly more AoE, and some unsignificant buffs to minions, while some more nerfs were added (Lycosidae/Bisco's droprate, Baron, Ruthless for Cyclone/Blade Flurry, etc).

You say that your team lack time to properly buff the skills and ascendancies that deserves it, yet it looks like you guys have had so much time to nerf every single popular build for the last 10 months. Since the 2.0 release, life flasks have been bad for end-game content, leech without VP has been underwhelming, some ascendancies has been trash, ways to mitigate damage spikes (especially elemental) have been insufficient, and none of this was ever adressed, yet somehow there was plenty of time to nerf far too many things.

It looks like you just assume people are going to play the league anyway and get some decent items that were added with the patch, but I'm really not motivated to level yet another character that I could have made a better version of a year ago.
"
It's about being forced to grind Zana favor every single league just to keep up.

Why are you 'forced' to do it, and what exactly do you mean by 'keeping up'? That sounds almost as if you imply that farming items is the best way of generating currency in the first place.
"
Chris a écrit :

Not enough buffs for unpopular Ascendancy Classes
3.2.0 is planned to have a rebalance of all Ascendancies (notably including the Scion and Elementalist).

I realize that you said all but notably looking at the Scion and Elementalist makes me worry. What about Saboteur? After Scion got some changes Saboteur became definitely the worst ascendancy in the game. It being used in Mine and Trap builds doesn't make it good. It's being used because it provides stats that are otherwise available in very limited quantities.

Overall when are we going to see some Trap (and Mine) changes? The addition of Tinkerskin made me think maybe GGG hasn't forgotten they exist but I'm not quite sure.

Aside from that I'm looking forward to the new endgame and the Abyss league. Can't wait to get my hands on those new corpse skills to see what I can make of them. Oh and all those new uniques as well.
"
eepoo a écrit :
"
Chris a écrit :

Not enough buffs for unpopular Ascendancy Classes
3.2.0 is planned to have a rebalance of all Ascendancies (notably including the Scion and Elementalist).

I realize that you said all but notably looking at the Scion and Elementalist makes me worry. What about Saboteur? After Scion got some changes Saboteur became definitely the worst ascendancy in the game. It being used in Mine and Trap builds doesn't make it good. It's being used because it provides stats that are otherwise available in very limited quantities.

Overall when are we going to see some Trap (and Mine) changes? The addition of Tinkerskin made me think maybe GGG hasn't forgotten they exist but I'm not quite sure.

Aside from that I'm looking forward to the new endgame and the Abyss league. Can't wait to get my hands on those new corpse skills to see what I can make of them. Oh and all those new uniques as well.

Man I seriously wish they hadn't changed the chaos to cold conversion.
I really loved playing as a Chaos Ice Trap Sab
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Dernière édition par NaarJitsu, le 5 déc. 2017 22:33:00

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires