Monster Density in Maps

"
Shinjuku a écrit :
Good news! But density isn't the only problem in my opinion. Layout is a real impact on exp/h if you compare cell to castle ruin for example. In first a huge labyrinth with an annoying layout, and in the second case, an opened area easy to run.

Even if the both map give the same amount of exp/h and reward, with density and/or exp adjusted to counterbalance the labyrinth layout, this kind of map are just annoying and the feeling still bad in anyway.

Yes yes yes please, make all maps a straight line start to finish with the odd fork or two. Then maps would almost be as interesting as rifts in D3...ugh.

What a terrible change that yet again proves that ggg doesn't understand a single thing about good balancing.

Balancing is about FUN, not about arbitary numbers, like map density and stuff like that.
A lot of folks are skeptical and rightfully so. GGG you guys do this sort of shit all the time where you nerf something only to build it back up to pre-nerf levels over a long period of time. Meanwhile some people who are not entirely aware of what use to be are quick to praise and give thanks for basically giving us back what was taken away. One prominent example I can think of in recent history was the roller coaster of map drops. They were great and then they became absolute shit during your "we don't want you to sustain red maps" stance. Now I've got a quad tab filled with t15/t16s and there are no complains! You managed to completely blow your map philosophy out of the water with Harbinger, but the point is that you do this 1 step forward 2 steps back sort of thing over and over and those that are skeptical have probably seen this song and dance before :)

One hand giveth the other taketh away.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Dernière édition par cgexile, le 14 nov. 2017 01:38:49
This news is totally DENSE.

...did I do it right?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
cgexile a écrit :
A lot of folks are skeptical and rightfully so. GGG you guys do this sort of shit all the time where you nerf something only to build it back up to pre-nerf levels over a long period of time. Meanwhile some people who are not entirely aware of what use to be are quick to praise and give thanks for basically giving us back what was taken away. One prominent example I can think of in recent history was the roller coaster of map drops. They were great and then they became absolute shit during your "we don't want you to sustain red maps" stance. Now I've got a quad tab filled with t15/t16s and there are no complains! You managed to completely blow your map philosophy out of the water with Harbinger, but the point is that you do this 1 step forward 2 steps back sort of thing over and over and those that are skeptical have probably seen this song and dance before :)

It's called finding balance. I don't see any suggestion in your post as to how to do it any other way, so maybe you could enlighten us? Would be much more useful than saying nothing with a couple of hundred words, like you did now.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"Total +1 !
sometime you walk and there's nothing... That's really bad for an ARPG ! Every mods on a map should be tied to + pack size, from 1% to 20%, at least at this state of the game..."

... nothing

View post
Posted by Completed 14 Challenges__Z__
on Oct 5, 2017 10:02:03 AM
Forum: Feedback and Suggestions
Thread: You really did ninjapunch Monster Density

Haha ! it was totally logical from the begining to do something like that, mind you...
... nothing
"
Xavathos a écrit :
"
cgexile a écrit :

It's called finding balance. I don't see any suggestion in your post as to how to do it any other way, so maybe you could enlighten us? Would be much more useful than saying nothing with a couple of hundred words, like you did now.

You don't understand anything. It isn't called finding balances, it's called marketing. They are delibaretily destroying their so called balance in one way or another each league. Delibaretly!
"
Sfp4 a écrit :
My primary concern has always been counter balancing bad layouts vs good layouts so that if you were to end up running a crematorium instead you wouldnt feel as punished as you would if you didnt instead just sell 10 x cremas for 30 chaos then spend 30 chaos on 5 shaped strands.

In my opinion all layouts should provide equal experience per hour, let the player pick and choose what they enjoy running most and do so.

wow youre so fucking woke dude wooooow such an original take
End it 👌
"
DasName a écrit :
"
Xavathos a écrit :
"
cgexile a écrit :

You don't understand anything. It isn't called finding balances, it's called marketing. They are delibaretily destroying their so called balance in one way or another each league. Delibaretly!

dude this is sounding a little bit conspiracy theory with all the "Delibaretly!"

also good job GGG for making us think about and discus all the changes you make every league
i dont recall any game doing this much for its community :))
please keep up the good work!!
Density ??? RLY !!!
nothing to say
but GG GGG :) gj
plop

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires