Monster Density in Maps

so maps will have monsters in them again yay ! we complained enough that u finally realised that u fucked up

now scrap ur testing and let us test because we know ur testing is rather "GGG"
So this means that if i run 4 strand for example and at the same time run let's say 1 cells i get the same outcome at least in exp, right?
but i had to chisle/alch/sextant 4 maps ...

Also builds that can run these ''bad layouts'' fast and easy will be the new meta then

It dosnt feel like this is the answer but it will definitely change thing up if that is how it's going to work
Would rather see more dangerous mobs than more of them for the same xp boost. I don't have an issue with the xp/hour balancing, just the xp boost some builds are going to get, while other builds will be left hanging back... but that's the story of every patch: meta changes.
Dernière édition par MagicManICT, le 14 nov. 2017 00:47:19
Thanks for the heads up and change, but sadly this is hardly the most pressing issue atm.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
well, you had to do it right?
running empty land maps was my worst experience in poe since I started playing

Glad u fixed it. Thx
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Dernière édition par imLuCaSsS, le 14 nov. 2017 01:06:51
Good news! But density isn't the only problem in my opinion. Layout is a real impact on exp/h if you compare cell to castle ruin for example. In first a huge labyrinth with an annoying layout, and in the second case, an opened area easy to run.

Even if the both map give the same amount of exp/h and reward, with density and/or exp adjusted to counterbalance the labyrinth layout, this kind of map are just annoying and the feeling still bad in anyway.
rain of maps
i really wonder if the consequences of 'liberal' apporach to mob density are widely understood

once every map looks like 'mob soup' (just like Cells + sextants looks today) - there is NO POINT in skills that arent 'massive AOE' (kinetic blast, lightning arrow, sunder). every other skill is trash not worth even keeping on wiki

thats the consequence of doing careless things with mob density. build diversity closes to zero as non-AOE builds have no place. and even low-AOE builds are garbo.

making everything equal xp/h wise sounds cool and might even be a tech feat worth singing a praise but if everything is equal - why bother with non-convenient options.

we already had Strand meta, should we embrace 'the gut layout' meta again?

oh and that atlas rebalance when you move maps around.. somehow i have a feeling it wont change a damn thing because current atlas problems care not about map levels.
As someone who was already a packsize underground sea apologist, this change is incredible. Thanks GGG!
Pls kill this deamn teleport meta...
kill w. blades, s. charge l.slam...

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires