Monster Density in Maps

"
Secondly, we have rebalanced the map mods so that every rollable mod now grants a pack size bonus.

Thank God
Honestly one of the best changes I've seen in a while. Awesome!
We'll see
Interesting. GGG mentioned they were going to do something like this when they were hyping up Atlas of Worlds for "bad" map layouts like dungeon/prison tilesets, but it never seemed to materialize. So we got a good few leagues of "SHAPED STRANDS ALL DAY GO GO GO", which was...less than awesome.

Looking forward to seeing what this does to people's Atlas strategies. I still won't run prison tileset dungeons more than the once I need to unless I have absolutely no choice...but at least the folks who like those godawful rat mazes won't be getting punk'd on experience anymore.
You talk about normalizing the exp/hour. What about the drop rate? Will quick maps with many monsters drop less items per monster?
Thats super cool. Any more information about how you balanced the XP per hour with the atlas and sextants in mind? Will strand be now, and again, unbeatable for xp per hour?
A good idea would be to make the maps with bad layouts have good rewarding div cards or some kind of uniques binded to them. So that would make the pain of running them lesser and would make them more popular in the community for instance the Doctor drop makes Spider Forest the most played map and its layout isn't one of the prime maps that would be run if it weren't for the card.
So does this mean you're buffing bad layout maps to include more density to make up for the fact a majority of builds suffer in layouts of certain maps compared to others?

Cells
Torture Chamber
Crematorium
Dungeon
Necropolis

Are easily off of the top of my head as avoided maps because they're just annoying to do and totem/summoner builds have very slow clear times.

Hoping to see maps like these and similar get huge mob density increases (along with item drops being toned down ofc) to help with running them.

Edit; Like others are pointing out are you nerfing exp rates of good maps or are they're being the ones used for general baseline exp rates?
Dernière édition par S0T0, le 13 nov. 2017 19:21:19
Are you saying you cut the best exp/hour maps exp in half and doubled the worst exp/hour maps to compensate?

These changes could be a tremendous nerf or a tremendous buff or do nothing overall in terms of exp/hour between maps based on the lack of numerical metrics.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Dernière édition par Nephalim, le 13 nov. 2017 19:19:24
GGG's ability to listen to the community is unmatched. I have never seen another game creator so dedicated to their player base.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires