3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
Dopeangel a écrit :
I am looking for some advice on my build. I know some of the stuff that I can start looking to upgrade. I think I am to the point where I need to craft my own, get lucky while mapping or just buy it. Cleating content up to T14 is pretty easy.

My biggest issue is when it comes to the temple incursions. I cannot seem to clear the trash quick enough to keep up with the timer. I am finding I fail more (in the sense of not getting the green orbs to unlock the doors). I have about 2ex to work with. Going to be upgrading the amulet to a marble one tonight. I know I can corrupt some other pieces of gear.

Also a question in regards to resists. Should I aim for cap based off gear or should I calculate in the 9 stacks of endurance? Not sure if that is what gives of some room for gear.

This is my first melee build and my second league playing PoE. Though not a fan of charging into random stopping points, I am really enjoying this build overall.

Any detailed input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the great build.

Spoiler

For more damage against trash you can replace purity of ice with a second curse (flammability or elemental weakness), attached to blasphemy, but you'd need to get "whispers of doom" passive on the tree. Damage curse gives about 25% more damage, minus the passive point cost it's gonna be more like 20% more, which is a solid boost, and should help you quite a bit. Or, since you aren't using watcher's eye with recovery, you can replace vitality instead.

You need to replace your righteous fire gem with vaal righteous fire. This is very important. It comes with both regular rf and vaal rf. Vaal RF is really good for melting map bosses, and minor bosses like the ones in temple rooms. On top of dealing three times the damage of regular RF, it will also buff the damage of scorching ray.

Another thing you can do for damage is crafting aspect of the spider on one of your items. An item just needs an open suffix. The beast required for that recipe costs like 40-50c. This aura reserves 25% mana, and give 5-15% more damage, depending on how long the enemy is exposed to it.

You don't have added light/cold damage anywhere, which could mean that you aren't triggering EE on monster packs with shield charge, unless you are manually casting storm brand on every pack that is. If you are not doing that, then get cold/light damage to attacks somewhere like amulet or abyss jewel. And you could also link storm brand with level 1 cwdt, that way it'll proc often on normal packs and give you EE and EO buffs, but make sure that storm brand is no more than level 8, or level 1 cwdt won't trigger it.

Other stuff you should work on:

%recovery on belt
%recovery watcher's eye

these are very important for survivability, together they will increase your overall regeneration by up to 50%

your helmet has conc effect as an affix, you should replace conc effect gem with inc aoe. you can't double stack gems like that, only one will work.

i'd also replace quartz flask with quicksilver with movement speed mod, and get 3% regen mod crafted on one of your flasks
"
rhah a écrit :
"
Dopeangel a écrit :
I am looking for some advice on my build. I know some of the stuff that I can start looking to upgrade. I think I am to the point where I need to craft my own, get lucky while mapping or just buy it. Cleating content up to T14 is pretty easy.

My biggest issue is when it comes to the temple incursions. I cannot seem to clear the trash quick enough to keep up with the timer. I am finding I fail more (in the sense of not getting the green orbs to unlock the doors). I have about 2ex to work with. Going to be upgrading the amulet to a marble one tonight. I know I can corrupt some other pieces of gear.

Also a question in regards to resists. Should I aim for cap based off gear or should I calculate in the 9 stacks of endurance? Not sure if that is what gives of some room for gear.

This is my first melee build and my second league playing PoE. Though not a fan of charging into random stopping points, I am really enjoying this build overall.

Spoiler

For more damage against trash you can replace purity of ice with a second curse (flammability or elemental weakness), attached to blasphemy, but you'd need to get "whispers of doom" passive on the tree. Damage curse gives about 25% more damage, minus the passive point cost it's gonna be more like 20% more, which is a solid boost, and should help you quite a bit. Or, since you aren't using watcher's eye with recovery, you can replace vitality instead.

You need to replace your righteous fire gem with vaal righteous fire. This is very important. It comes with both regular rf and vaal rf. Vaal RF is really good for melting map bosses, and minor bosses like the ones in temple rooms. On top of dealing three times the damage of regular RF, it will also buff the damage of scorching ray.

Another thing you can do for damage is crafting aspect of the spider on one of your items. An item just needs an open suffix. The beast required for that recipe costs like 40-50c. This aura reserves 25% mana, and give 5-15% more damage, depending on how long the enemy is exposed to it.

You don't have added light/cold damage anywhere, which could mean that you aren't triggering EE on monster packs with shield charge, unless you are manually casting storm brand on every pack that is. If you are not doing that, then get cold/light damage to attacks somewhere like amulet or abyss jewel. And you could also link storm brand with level 1 cwdt, that way it'll proc often on normal packs and give you EE and EO buffs, but make sure that storm brand is no more than level 8, or level 1 cwdt won't trigger it.

Other stuff you should work on:

%recovery on belt
%recovery watcher's eye

these are very important for survivability, together they will increase your overall regeneration by up to 50%

your helmet has conc effect as an affix, you should replace conc effect gem with inc aoe. you can't double stack gems like that, only one will work.

i'd also replace quartz flask with quicksilver with movement speed mod, and get 3% regen mod crafted on one of your flasks

The belt and necklace were my next items to replace. Did not even realize I was double stacking on the helm. I would like an Atul's amulet for the free mana reserve. I feel limited since I am running fire/vitality. But that does bring up one of the questions I had about res cap. Should I keep it based off gear or calculate in endurance charges? I will have to check out the talent tree for whispers of doom.

I did not even think about RF coming in Vaal form. That looks pretty huge and might solve my issue for clearing.

Sadly, I have been casting storm brand on enemies to get the proc EE. Sometimes it's hard not to level a gem, because I want more damage, but we are only using it for the proc, not the actual damage.

Should I try and get increased damage/elemental/fire on any of the gear I am to be replacing? I know spell damage does not benefit the build supposedly. Some of the pieces I am looking to replace can come with those types on them.

Lastly, will apply Vaal Orb to it give me the Vaal RF?

Thanks agian
"
Dopeangel a écrit :
The belt and necklace were my next items to replace. Did not even realize I was double stacking on the helm. I would like an Atul's amulet for the free mana reserve. I feel limited since I am running fire/vitality. But that does bring up one of the questions I had about res cap. Should I keep it based off gear or calculate in endurance charges? I will have to check out the talent tree for whispers of doom.

I did not even think about RF coming in Vaal form. That looks pretty huge and might solve my issue for clearing.

Sadly, I have been casting storm brand on enemies to get the proc EE. Sometimes it's hard not to level a gem, because I want more damage, but we are only using it for the proc, not the actual damage.

Should I try and get increased damage/elemental/fire on any of the gear I am to be replacing? I know spell damage does not benefit the build supposedly. Some of the pieces I am looking to replace can come with those types on them.

Lastly, will apply Vaal Orb to it give me the Vaal RF?

Thanks agian

Cap resists with gear, end charge will overcap and protect you from curses that reduce resists.

Yes, inc damage on gear and jewels is good. It's a bit hard to get it on a belt due to the cost, but an amulet should be easy with fossils or essences.

Yes, corrupting a gem can result in it turning into a vaal version.
"
Dopeangel a écrit :
Spoiler

Spoiler

In addition to rhah's post i really would suggest you to get boots with movement speed - 20-25% movement + life and resists should be pretty affordable now and is a HUGE QoL, i think it also would help you clearing incursions, even if you mainly use your movement skills.

I recently upgraded from 25% to 30% boots and even the 5% already feel like night and day difference
Dernière édition par Jygallak, le 26 mars 2019 14:34:42
Hello mate,

really enjoying your build so far.

I have a question regarding Vaal RF, the Vaal version of the skill has the "Duration" label on it, so it should work with Swift Affliction i assume ? (if so i would white socket 1 of my sockets and switch inc aoe with Swift Affliction for bosses due to its huge DPS boost).

Ty in advance !
"
Hello mate,

I have a question regarding Vaal RF, the Vaal version of the skill has the "Duration" label on it, so it should work with Swift Affliction i assume ? (if so i would white socket 1 of my sockets and switch inc aoe with Swift Affliction for bosses due to its huge DPS boost).

Ty in advance !

yeah, you could do that, but it would only buff the damage of vaal rf, not the regular one
Made a standard RF Marauder, cause i had a Lvl 90 from an old league. Could you check him out and tell, you find, what i should upgrade next?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bulwyf/characters
Character is "Totembul" (yes it wasa Firetotem-Guy before :D)

I´m not so happy atm with Life and Lifereg. If i get big hits, i´m dropping pretty fast.
"
rhah a écrit :
"
Hello mate,

Ty in advance !

yeah, you could do that, but it would only buff the damage of vaal rf, not the regular one

Ok ty ! Yes i know that, i bought the Soul Ripper Flask and was playing around with it ,while mapping i have like 80% Vaal RF uptime and im going for this craft: (7–8)% chance for your Flasks to not consume Charges
,on my new belt. The uptime should also be pretty nice for Uelder, will try it out tho.
"
Bulwyf a écrit :
Made a standard RF Marauder, cause i had a Lvl 90 from an old league. Could you check him out and tell, you find, what i should upgrade next?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bulwyf/characters
Character is "Totembul" (yes it wasa Firetotem-Guy before :D)

I´m not so happy atm with Life and Lifereg. If i get big hits, i´m dropping pretty fast.

get watcher's eye with % recovery
3% regen mod crafted on one of your flasks
2% regen enchant on boots
grab the node that's right next to Stamina, the one that gives regen per end charge
replace one life flask with witchfire brew
"
Ok ty ! Yes i know that, i bought the Soul Ripper Flask and was playing around with it ,while mapping i have like 80% Vaal RF uptime and im going for this craft: (7–8)% chance for your Flasks to not consume Charges
,on my new belt. The uptime should also be pretty nice for Uelder, will try it out tho.

if you are going for max uptime, you could try using Increased Duration gem instead (74% inc duration), and Potency of Will passive node (3 point, 45% inc duration)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires