On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

Changes are good imho
Awesome PR skills as always, you are really a pro at this, 100% serious

No need to justify your balance team to a vocal portion of hatred players yet you do it, also propose full rollback for live 3.0 if changes are too unwelcome after testing (because, it's called "beta testing" for a reason, people tend to forget this), kudos for this even more

Keep up the good work, my fate is on you
I'll back this up with a Harbringer support pack as soon as they're out!
With 30% crit chance from power charge, this is just not worth taking power charges as attack build. 30% crit chance for 2 points is too low, and also this is hard to maintain power charges on bosses, if you don't want to buy 35ex boots or waste 1 your MORE DAMAGE gem.

About frenzy charges - this change just makes a lot of uniques useless. Look at Tulfall, what's the point in using it now? Just 60% increased damage(from 4 charges)?
Look at new trapper unique chest, with this change, you'll only use it as attack trapper, and i don't know anyone who playing builds like that.

I totally agree, that vinktar's should be nerfed, but manaleech? Srsly? It still will be op because you will be just immortal during flask effect, say hello to 20% leech
"
Chris a écrit :

We make this game for you guys, so if you don't want the change, we aren't going to force it in purely to solve long-term problems.

Chris, you made me cry. You are so sweet, I love you regardless of what is going to happen!
So, how does PROFESSIONAL TEAM of game designer does this?
"
Pendulu a écrit :
"

IMO people saying stuff like "spell Raider is ruined" need to stop playing spell Raider.

It is called build diversity and clever usage of mechanics. You will find one-dimensional character development at D3.

You can just take a different path on the tree and go for power charges. The only thing that actually got hurt is the Ascendant Raider node.

Also if they made some change that hurt my cyclone saboteur I wouldn't be complaining.
ggg is love, ggg is life
So you are saying that you guys are EXPERTS on balances and changes.
And you did the changes to power charges and frenzy charges without delivering any examples on how it would affect builds.
Then you are asking us to tell you, with stats exemples, etc. on how it affects the game.
You guys have too much on your hands right now to do these changes.
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
> nerf Assassin

That doesn't explain why you nerfed poison to shit as well. We've been asking for Qarl's supposed magical broken poison build for weeks and you never provided it.

PLEASE PROVIDE IT.

There is literally no evidence at all that your QA team are "experts".
Dernière édition par codetaku, le 28 juil. 2017 09:15:56
"
Arrogant a écrit :
"
Chris a écrit :

While processing player feedback in preparation for 3.0.0, we found four requests that we could address simultaneously with our proposed charge changes:
  • Nerf total crit chance available. It was getting too close to cap, too easily.
  • Nerf the Assassin. This was frequently requested.
  • Provide more uses for power charges on spellcasters (especially non-crit ones).
  • Make it less mandatory for general damage dealers to invest in frenzy charges.

I'm sorry but I disagree with #4.

Making it less mandatory for general damage dealers to use frenzy charges does not mean make it impossible for spell casters to use frenzy charges.

"
GGG_Neon a écrit :

We will re-evaluate the Power and Frenzy charges situation over the weekend. It would be very useful to hear your explanation of why certain builds or items have been damaged (or improved too much) by the change, with specifics and explanations. Many of the posts so far have just said "X is ruined". While the initial feedback has been somewhat helpful, proper discussion and analysis from the community will really help us fine-tune (or abandon) this change.

Alright I'll start with an example. Bitterdream freezing pulse is a character I played once. Ice Bite is no longer useable for spell casters now as it no longer provides more damage from frenzy charges. That frenzy charge generation and more damage application made it worth while to use a very low spell damage 3 linked mace instead of a full 6 linked chest or staff. With Ice bite (assuming it still generates frenzy charges, I haven't checked) no longer being useful as a caster I can't see any reasonable usage for Bitterdream anymore.

OK - Actually, if you stack power charges and frenzy charges on a spell caster there is no change in overall % more damage - you actually are getting a buff (since power charges now provide % more damage) if you use both as spell casters generally stacked more power charges than frenzy charges. You still get the cast speed buff.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires