Energy Shield and Life

"
POOPHAMMER a écrit :
Not being salty, but who the fuck invited the Blizzard devs to the balance team? This is overkill, why not just remove ES from the game?

Why couldn't you just buff life instead of making ES pure garbage

"
POOPHAMMER a écrit :
Overzealous nerfing is half the reason I stopped playing this game. Diablo 3 has literally seen more playtime from me in the last 2 months.

Then just stay in Diablo 3.

When I read the first quoted Post I already wanted to reply to you saying that the reason why "not just buff life" is very easily observed when taking a glance at d3 and the numbers in that game. How do you make anything useful in that game ? By giving a skill a 50000% damage multiplier. And why? Because the devs thought "why not just buff life?" "why not just buff life?" "why not just buff life?"

And then you drop the hammer that you play more d3 anyway.. Good riddance
This is pure BS.

My CI characters only have 6-8k ES with mostly self found / crafted gear.

This looks like a knee jerk over nerf based on the top 1% of players as usual and level 20 discipline.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Dernière édition par bhavv, le 17 mai 2017 21:49:44
When GGG nerfed the shotgunners,
I remained silent;
I was not a shotgunner.

When they nerfed the convert builds,
I remained silent;
I was not a convert build.

When they came for the COC,
I did not speak out;
I was not a COC build.

When they came for the ES and DOT,
I remained silent;
I wasn't either of them.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

(Martin Niemöller, 1946)
You can't be serious.
To anyone taking that 25k es seriously:
Yes,25k es is doable if you have mirror worthy gear and a tree focused on es only with no dps nodes.

No,you cannot use a 25k es build to play this game. It does nothing,it cannot even leech.

Great gear and tree that had also dps to play the game ended in 14-15k es.
That's what you see on 12h/day streamers.
Mortals ended with 8-10k es depending on build.
Now it's gonna be oneshot madness with 5.5-7k es and no leech.
Streamers will be at 10k

Life builds get a 500 life bonus at best.
So with the current data es ends up with 1-2k more ehp than life.
If you think having 6.5k life or 8k es is balanced around endgame and crazy situations that happen,think again.
"
Nonsensei436 a écrit :
See a bunch of changes to ES but not any changes to life. Does that mean you think 9000 max HP ultra geared and heavily specced is acceptable when compared to 15000 ES?

The thing is, you will never be 9k HP only, its always either HP+Armor or HP+Evasion, while with ES you will need to go pure ES to reach 15k.
"
LordTreufeldt a écrit :
I knew it ... It was a question of time ... GGG to fu... with Energy Shield bonuses. First was Life nodes, now Energy Shield bonuses, Vaal Discipline became useless ...

It seems that PoE will take to much time to end bosses after these changes with top level chars.

I guess that is time to consider to play another game ...

Don't mess PoE GGG ...

Too much time to end bosses? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong (I am honestly pretty bad with grammar), but do you mean it will take too much time to kill bosses? If so, I am sorry, you are wrong. Nowhere in these changes did our damage get nerfed (aside from maybe an ES based RF character, thanks Pohx!).
pls move vaal pact toward middle a bit more as well ty
"
ItsRay a écrit :
"
POOPHAMMER a écrit :
Not being salty, but who the fuck invited the Blizzard devs to the balance team? This is overkill, why not just remove ES from the game?

Why couldn't you just buff life instead of making ES pure garbage

"
POOPHAMMER a écrit :
Overzealous nerfing is half the reason I stopped playing this game. Diablo 3 has literally seen more playtime from me in the last 2 months.

Then just stay in Diablo 3.

When I read the first quoted Post I already wanted to reply to you saying that the reason why "not just buff life" is very easily observed when taking a glance at d3 and the numbers in that game. How do you make anything useful in that game ? By giving a skill a 50000% damage multiplier. And why? Because the devs thought "why not just buff life?" "why not just buff life?" "why not just buff life?"

And then you drop the hammer that you play more d3 anyway.. Good riddance

you did not address his point tho. ES will now be garbage and the meta shifts to life builds... this is not balance. But yeah just cuz he plays that shit d3 game automatically means that his opinion is invalid..
Seems like OK changes for CI but RIP Low Life builds. They're seriously dead.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Dernière édition par tackle70, le 17 mai 2017 21:52:18

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires