[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Can I follow this skill build if I only plan on doing zombies + spectres? Really hard to find a decent spectre build these days.
"
amasokin a écrit :
Hey! Thanks for the great guide!

Quick question from a noob: why the Blasphemy setup for Temporal Chains? I understand that you manage to hit max slow with this setup, but for this kind of build where you want to stay as far away from the fight as possible I found that even with max Blasphemy + Leadership node (50% increased AoE for Auras) + the 20% node on the way to Sovereignty, the range is still pretty short!

Base range is 22. With the bonus Blasphemy Lv.21 (80%) + Leadership node (50%) + Sovereignty node (20%), it's 22*150% = 55 range, which is still pretty short (see range visualization here) for a minion build!

I'm still levelling with Spectres at the moment but I found that I have hardly any use for Blasphemy + Temp Chains considering I'm never close enough from the enemies/bosses to have them affected by the curse. So I've been using Ball Lighting + GMP + Curse on Hit (+ Curse obviously) to apply curse and Elemental Equilibrium, which makes it much better at applying curses at range.

Am I missing something? Do you stay close to the bosses in end game with full Golem build to have them affected by Temp Chains? Why the Blasphemy setup instead of the Curse on Hit setup?

Thanks! :)

Hi!

Very cool reference picture, makes radius pretty clear :)

Temporal chains is used with blasphemy for multiple situations :

- Enemies charging at you off-screen

Like goatmen in maps. Large packs can swarm you off-screen before you can apply curse on them by any skill. TC cuts movement speed mid air and you can move before strike lands.

- Enemies teleportation next to you

Multiple exiles, enemies and bosses have teleportation moves. They appear next to you and can deal high spike damage. Dropping their speed to 1/2 or 3/4 gives you enough time to move before strikes land.

- Bosses minions

Late-game boss arenas are very small (like Kaoms arena in abyss) and bosses can spawn very high hitting minions. TC makes minions almost non-existing threat while you want to focus in kiting only the boss.

You can test what style or cursing works best for you, but in general blasphemy TC gives most protection and eliminates human errors.

"
Is this build completely useless if you don't have Anima Stone? I only have 400c so I can afford one Might but not a second one for the vendor recipe. Or can I make this work without the Might. How gimp are you without "Aggressive" Golems? Will the build still function?

Hey :)

Anima Stone and 3x harmonies are base minimum. Primordial Might makes Golems move farther away from you, and they will stay closer to you without aggressive AI.

You can still control their movement by placing Spell Totem and Golems will try to move there. If you kite too far from the target, Golems will move to you as the defensive AI doesn't let them stay as far as with Aggressive AI, but that's the only downside for not owning Primordial Might.

"
I tried looking but cant find anything... Is scion viable instead Elementalist as "Golemancer"? We can pick up some useful stuff from Ascendant tree, but we miss on elemental damage immunity for golems tho.

Hi!

Scion with Elemetalist can be used, but you will lose both Offering and minion damage from Necromancer and elemental immunity from real Elementalist. best classes to take with scion-Elementalist are :

- Guardian (More block, movement and cast speed)
- Raider (10% movement speed + 20% movement speed with max frenzy charges that minions generate for you)

"
Questions (I like the build and am trying to understand why you made certain choices)

1) Now that Infernal Mantle only hits with +25% spell damage on low mana, would it be beneficial to take another aura with it (e.g. Enfeeble/Blasphemy or Elemental Weakness)

2) Is it really worth it to take GMP as support?
Given that Flame Golem has three attacks:
- Flame Wave (which is not a projectile)
- Immolate (which already has 4 projectiles)
- Magma Ball (which has one projectile) where it would help

So it seems that only 1 in 3 skills really benefits from GMP and yet all skills take 26% LESS damage (which is huge). Would LMP (a tradeoff) or another gem (Slower Projectiles?) be more helpful?
- Or do golems shotgun?
- Or is there no 26% LESS damage on Flame Wave (though the GMP text says "all Supported Skills")
- Or am I completely mistaken?

3) Why Ball Lightning? After experimenting with your earlier tip: Arctic Breath is better than Ball Lightning in the Spell Totem.
- it slows down everybody even more (especially bosses)
- projectiles are faster than Ball Lightning
- Ball Lightning has a bigger arc as it damages around the projectiles but with GMP the effect is marginal.

5) In Primordial Harmony
- Golem Skills have (20-30)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed: Will this allow them to cast more often? Are Golems more constrained by Cooldown than by Cast Speed?
- Golems have (10-15)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed: Will this alloy you to summon Golems more often?

Hey!

1) 25% increased spell damage taken can be very dangerous from bosses. I don't recommend going low mana even with new rolls, but at least its not instant suicide anymore. Auras and Curses are very weak against bosses and Temporal Chains already makes non-boss enemies not threatening.

2) GMP only affects Magma Ball, but that's their most used attack. It gives Golems huge cover and clearspeed as each ball explodes where Golems aimed it, not in impact. The explosion can overlap (shotgun) on larger targets.

You can remove GMP is boss fight and use Slower Projectiles, or best high level Enhance which boosts all attacks and Golems health.

3) Arctic Breaths cover is very bad against larger mobs. The projectile has to almost hit for the EE to apply. Ball Lightning casts mini arcs between balls which all hit enemies causing EE so the coverage of ball lightning is whole GMP projectile width plus some extra.

4/5?) Recovery speed lets you cast new Golems faster. Its not very useful normally but in some situations you want new Golems fast.

I'm not sure that any of Flame Golems skill is under cooldown, so they should spam as much even without. Main point of stacking Harmonies is the damage and massive regen for Golems.

"
Can I follow this skill build if I only plan on doing zombies + spectres? Really hard to find a decent spectre build these days.

Hello!

The build works just as good with Specters than with Golems. You need only 6 link colors as :

Specter -> Spell Echo -> Minion Damage -> GMP -> Controlled Destruction -> Fire pene / Elemental Focus

as Specters don't really benefit from "Empower"

From Ascendancy I recommend :

- Commander Of Darkness
- Flesh Binder
- Soul Weaver
- Mister Of Sacrifice

Drop "Infernal Mantle" for "Vis Mortis" armor, and run "Enfeeble" as second curse to keep Specters alive while boosting their numbers. You can also use "Midnight Bargain" -wand and "Bones of ulr" -boots for maximum Specter count.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Dernière édition par mika2salo, le 14 août 2017 06:39:15
I would not advise taking the Midnight Bargain, unless you have a very high Chaos Resistance.
The 30% life reservation really eats in your survivability against chaos damage otherwise.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Dernière édition par Flapdrol, le 14 août 2017 06:58:32
hey,

playing this build now as a main and its working pretty good.

But where do we get survability? im level 87 with 2.5k life and 4.5k energy shield.

Guardians/rare mobs on t12-15 sometimes one shot me.

Also on your tips for early guardians you say that if the golems die you should swap controlled destruction with minion life. It seems that this doenst work at the moment.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1937542

Any other ideas how to increase the survability of my golems or my character?
"
mika2salo a écrit :
Hi!

Very cool reference picture, makes radius pretty clear :)

Temporal chains is used with blasphemy for multiple situations :

- Enemies charging at you off-screen

Like goatmen in maps. Large packs can swarm you off-screen before you can apply curse on them by any skill. TC cuts movement speed mid air and you can move before strike lands.

- Enemies teleportation next to you

Multiple exiles, enemies and bosses have teleportation moves. They appear next to you and can deal high spike damage. Dropping their speed to 1/2 or 3/4 gives you enough time to move before strikes land.

- Bosses minions

Late-game boss arenas are very small (like Kaoms arena in abyss) and bosses can spawn very high hitting minions. TC makes minions almost non-existing threat while you want to focus in kiting only the boss.

You can test what style or cursing works best for you, but in general blasphemy TC gives most protection and eliminates human errors.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to everybody and making such clear answers! This makes perfect sense and now I get how it'll actually save you in the most dangerous situations. I didn't even now that Temp Chains stopped enemies mid jump / charge!

At the moment the content I'm at isn't very challenging (mid tier maps) so I don't think I need it but I'm sure that as soon as I'll hit high tier maps I'll need the extra survivability from the Temp Chains + Blasphemy setup.

Thanks again, I'll be sure to check your guide every day for updates / new comments from you, it's always interesting.
Hi, I am currently with 2.4k life and 4.4k ES, I was able to do chimera and phoenix, but I could not do the other two.

Gear:

Spoiler
"
Flapdrol a écrit :
I would not advise taking the Midnight Bargain, unless you have a very high Chaos Resistance.
The 30% life reservation really eats in your survivability against chaos damage otherwise.

Wise concern :)

However, with enough chaos resistance on other gear and being bit careful the extra zombie and specter might provide more protection than the 30% of life lost. Better try both and see what works best for you.

"
hey,

playing this build now as a main and its working pretty good.

But where do we get survability? im level 87 with 2.5k life and 4.5k energy shield.

Guardians/rare mobs on t12-15 sometimes one shot me.

Also on your tips for early guardians you say that if the golems die you should swap controlled destruction with minion life. It seems that this doenst work at the moment.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1937542

Any other ideas how to increase the survability of my golems or my character?

Hi :)

Thanks for the tip!
Golems life looks very broken and nothing seems to affect it. They have about 50% or real life value and their regen is terrible even with all Harmonies as the base is so low. I will update guide until the bug is fixed. Other minions seem to work ok with minion life mods.

"
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to everybody and making such clear answers! This makes perfect sense and now I get how it'll actually save you in the most dangerous situations. I didn't even now that Temp Chains stopped enemies mid jump / charge!

At the moment the content I'm at isn't very challenging (mid tier maps) so I don't think I need it but I'm sure that as soon as I'll hit high tier maps I'll need the extra survivability from the Temp Chains + Blasphemy setup.

Thanks again, I'll be sure to check your guide every day for updates / new comments from you, it's always interesting.

Thanks for support ^^

Hi, I am currently with 2.4k life and 4.4k ES, I was able to do chimera and phoenix, but I could not do the other two.

Hey!

Did you mean that Golems could not finish the boss at all, or that you just died in the battle?

Your life is kinda low for Guardians, but most of gear seems to be ok.

Minotaur hits like a truck and as minion life seems to be broken, Golems have to be very high level to be able to tank it.

Hydra has mix of physical and elemental, so you don't want to roll any extra damage mods for the boss. With 8k EHP (Life + ES) you can tank maybe 1-2 hits with no extra damage lines as build has almost no physical protection. You need to learn boss movement very precisely to be able to kite all attacks and ball flying there, but once you master it boss is not that hard.

! BUG !

Golems health in game seems to be broken at the moment at least in tooltip. No increase from tree or gear to minion life has any effect in health show in Golems tooltip, so minions might have about 50% of normal life. Empower is the only gem that surely raises Golems HP right now.

Changing to Elementalist for endgame right now is recommenced as elemental immunity helps against most bosses that do mostly elemental damage.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Dernière édition par mika2salo, le 15 août 2017 07:03:32
first off, just wants to say thank! great guide, but I have a question for the passive tree. looking at the final layout, i see that you've taken nodes for auras and curses. why ? because im not seeing any aura/curse gems on you final gears.

thanks
i just did some quick simulations in path of building and i came up with the following:

https://gyazo.com/df48b0c9503f3e3aa37a44d9eef8e7a0

i assumed flesh offering was active for all of this, with charges means im using the shield that gives power+frenzy charges. only calculated flame golem dps here, 4+1/3+1+1 dmg numbers should be higher if the damage from lightning or ice golems is added but i cba.

as you can see, it appears necro and elementalist are almost identical in damage (4+1 vs 3+1 is almost the same dps) and charges appear to be as good as running an additional golem, which means running clayshaper over victarios is better dps-wise and way more consistant.

now, these are by no means accurate and in depth calculations, i just tried to get an overview on what set up appears to be the best one and from this i would conclude necro is as good dmg wise as ele, but provides some additional defensive boost, meanwhhile elementalist golems cant be killed. also clayshaper offhand > victarios.

Dernière édition par Goobey, le 14 août 2017 14:35:36
"
msterry a écrit :
first off, just wants to say thank! great guide, but I have a question for the passive tree. looking at the final layout, i see that you've taken nodes for auras and curses. why ? because im not seeing any aura/curse gems on you final gears.

thanks

Check the helmet ;)

Temporal chains / Discipline

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires