[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
kami_koi a écrit :
"
msterry a écrit :
first off, just wants to say thank! great guide, but I have a question for the passive tree. looking at the final layout, i see that you've taken nodes for auras and curses. why ? because im not seeing any aura/curse gems on you final gears.

thanks

Check the helmet ;)

Temporal chains / Discipline

ohh sorry about that, i missed that. another question, considering that we only have 1 aura up, do we really need that much mana reserve reduction nodes?

thanks
Damn i hope GGG fix minion life bug ASAP !

Necro class still rocks with level 3-4 empower or fire pen lvl 20/20 and high stack of Primordial Harmony >5
I will test this build tomorrow at shaper, i hope i can defeat him ^^
Dernière édition par AikerZ, le 14 août 2017 15:24:28
"
mika2salo a écrit :
"
Splatatk a écrit :
One question I do have and I dunno if this place to ask (:P) its if MF still works while dead or have they changed it on 3.0?

Hey :)

MF should be stat that is not only active while you are alive. Golems get your rarity and quantity that you have at the moment they kill something. If you are dead, your quantity and rarity do not drop and Golem get all bonuses.

Yes I know. But there was people claiming that they changed/fixed this on 3.0 so golems won't retain your MF while you are dead.

I haven't really tried it for myself yet so I was just wondering about it.
In lieu of gloves that have elemental weakness on hit (since they're 30+ chaos right now), would you say that using this weapon instead would make an okay substitution?

EDIT: After a week of farming, I finally switched from Spectres/Zombies to Flame Golem/Guardian. It definitely feels a little safer and it's much lower maintenance, but it feels a lot clunkier to play. The Flame Golem attacks don't really shoot from as far a range as Flame Sentinels which is making clearing speeds slower. Also, when I was Spectres/Zombies I had enough gem slots available to use both Lightning Warp and Convocation. Convocation was crucial for having my minions be able to focus fire and to get them unstuck when they'd be running into walls. Without it, I'm finding certain maps like Torture Chamber or Cells a pain in the ass to navigate through. Have you considered running Convocation?
Dernière édition par Kronikle, le 15 août 2017 02:55:27
So Im trying to run blasphemy elemental weakness and temporal chains, but alongside discipline there isnt the mana to also cast golems. With all of the reduced reservation and increased mana nodes, does this become possible? I notice in the chest description you say multiple curses can be run without infernal mantle.
In regards to the changing to elementalist, apart from the +1 golems, what should I focus on putting points into.

Thank you,
Has anyone attempted a life variant for golems?
"
Curycoo a écrit :
So Im trying to run blasphemy elemental weakness and temporal chains, but alongside discipline there isnt the mana to also cast golems. With all of the reduced reservation and increased mana nodes, does this become possible? I notice in the chest description you say multiple curses can be run without infernal mantle.

I don't think you can reserve enough mana to cast golems without major changes (my golem is in my 4L now, and it already costs 150 mana). If you *really* want it, you could use the Charisma cluster (near the ranger start area) which should go a long way, but not enough for a 6L golem I think.

Fortunately, unless you are doing very high level maps (15 or so), your golems do not need recasting very often (the 30% increased damage from primordial Might is nice but not really required) as they tend to be hardy (even with the golem lifebug). I also run them in conjunction with Zombies (with Minion Life, Life Leech and Fortify) and these Zombies tend to take the hits.

Whenever a golem gets killed, I find a quiet place, drop a curse, recast the golem, add the curse. When this is impossible, I haveto live without that curse for a while.

BTW: you may want to try Enfeeble instead of Ele Weakness. I find I have plenty of dps, but never enough defense. Again: on very high level maps, I may need more dps and play more carefully.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Dernière édition par Flapdrol, le 15 août 2017 06:32:57
"
msterry a écrit :
first off, just wants to say thank! great guide, but I have a question for the passive tree. looking at the final layout, i see that you've taken nodes for auras and curses. why ? because im not seeing any aura/curse gems on you final gears.

thanks

"
Check the helmet ;)

Temporal chains / Discipline

"
ohh sorry about that, i missed that. another question, considering that we only have 1 aura up, do we really need that much mana reserve reduction nodes?

thanks

Hey!

The Temporal Chains is at max level once you get enhance level 4 and "Temporal Chains" -enhancement in helmet. We take other aura nodes to :

- Stay away of low mana (lass than 35%) for infernal mantle (25% increased Spell Damage taken when on Low Mana)
- Boost curse radius (Temporal Chains is an "aura" with Blasphemy)
- Boost ES from Discipline

"
i just did some quick simulations in path of building and i came up with the following:

https://gyazo.com/df48b0c9503f3e3aa37a44d9eef8e7a0

i assumed flesh offering was active for all of this, with charges means im using the shield that gives power+frenzy charges. only calculated flame golem dps here, 4+1/3+1+1 dmg numbers should be higher if the damage from lightning or ice golems is added but i cba.

as you can see, it appears necro and elementalist are almost identical in damage (4+1 vs 3+1 is almost the same dps) and charges appear to be as good as running an additional golem, which means running clayshaper over victarios is better dps-wise and way more consistant.

now, these are by no means accurate and in depth calculations, i just tried to get an overview on what set up appears to be the best one and from this i would conclude necro is as good dmg wise as ele, but provides some additional defensive boost, meanwhhile elementalist golems cant be killed. also clayshaper offhand > victarios.

Hey :)

Numbers are looking good. As you said Elementalist does bit more damage and and can farm some endgame bosses easier than Necromancer.

Necromancer has better defenses for leveling and mapping, but has to survive in boss battles a bit longer.

Both can use shields on minions with Necromantic Aegis, which is great with some endgame bosses. Minotaur can 1-2 shot Elementalists Golems if running 4-1-1 and no block chance. Giving Golems even close to 30% block chance and extra regen helps them massively to survive the battle.

"
Damn i hope GGG fix minion life bug ASAP !

Necro class still rocks with level 3-4 empower or fire pen lvl 20/20 and high stack of Primordial Harmony >5
I will test this build tomorrow at shaper, i hope i can defeat him ^^

Hi :)

Good luck with Shaper!

I did Shaper deathless yesterday and I didn't lose any Golems or even Animate Guardian during the battle. I'm wondering after this test if the Golems actually have to HP but are not reporting it in tooltip, as it seems unlikely that 15k hp Golems can tank Shaper beam and not die even with "Kaltensoul" -shield.

"
Yes I know. But there was people claiming that they changed/fixed this on 3.0 so golems won't retain your MF while you are dead.

I haven't really tried it for myself yet so I was just wondering about it.

Hey! Build followers have been reporting luck with using "Bisco's Collar" and other MG gear, but I'm not sure if it was while alive or dead. MF should work as before as there have not been any change notes about it, but it just need testing. I'm 90% sure it still works :)

"
In lieu of gloves that have elemental weakness on hit (since they're 30+ chaos right now), would you say that using this weapon instead would make an okay substitution?

EDIT: After a week of farming, I finally switched from Spectres/Zombies to Flame Golem/Guardian. It definitely feels a little safer and it's much lower maintenance, but it feels a lot clunkier to play. The Flame Golem attacks don't really shoot from as far a range as Flame Sentinels which is making clearing speeds slower. Also, when I was Spectres/Zombies I had enough gem slots available to use both Lightning Warp and Convocation. Convocation was crucial for having my minions be able to focus fire and to get them unstuck when they'd be running into walls. Without it, I'm finding certain maps like Torture Chamber or Cells a pain in the ass to navigate through. Have you considered running Convocation?

Hello!

The "Hinder" from singularity is much more useful than level 10 Flammability from main weapon. I recommend using the "Asenath's Gentle Touch" -gloves for Animate Guardian to be able to curse enemies with Temporal Chains even farther than your curse range. The Gloves with "Ele Weakness" will drop in price later in league.

Flame Golems have little lower area they shoot to but that's only cause Flame Sentinels AI is nearly perfect. Concocation is great tool while herding minions through clunky low level maps types, but after t12 there are no real maze maps that feel as bad as Torture Chamber or Cells ;)

"

Hey!

You need to use "Enlighten" gem, "Conqueror's Efficiency" jewel or roll mana reduction line for "The Vertex" to be able to dual curse. It's doable but needs bit extra work. Without Infernal Mantle you don't have to worry about low mana and Golems rarely need recasting. Just keep "Ball Lightning" on level 1, cast Golems before activating curses and auras and you should be fine ^^

"
In regards to the changing to elementalist, apart from the +1 golems, what should I focus on putting points into.

Thank you,

Hi :)

You should maximize ES and life from tree and gear if you want to survive the battles, as you have less defenses than with Necromancer. Temporal Chains is yours second best defense and should be maximized as much as possible. You might want to take the extra curse effectiveness from tree to cap TC to 75%.

The +1 for boots is needed if you are using Animate Guardian on endgame bosses, The Vertex gives +1 automatically for Temporal Chains. In Armor +1 is great, but going for "Skin Of The Loyal" drops ES. Test what amount of EHP (Life + ES) feels enough and consider if you want more power with "Skin Of The Loyal" for relatively cheap price.

"
Has anyone attempted a life variant for golems?

Hello!

I was tinkering with life variant and decided that lose too much EHP (Life + ES) and jewels sockets for the benefits. I have't seen any Golems builds so far with life tree, and only SRS and Zombies seem to be doing life as they can convert Strength to damage for minions with "The Baron".

Build followers in league are reaching 8500 EHP with not-amazing gear and it should be enough to survive all content with other defenses.

"
I don't think you can reserve enough mana to cast golems without major changes (my golem is in my 4L now, and it already costs 150 mana). If you *really* want it, you could use the Charisma cluster (near the ranger start area) which should go a long way, but not enough for a 6L golem I think.

Fortunately, unless you are doing very high level maps (15 or so), your golems do not need recasting very often (the 30% increased damage from primordial Might is nice but not really required) as they tend to be hardy (even with the golem lifebug). I also run them in conjunction with Zombies (with Minion Life, Life Leech and Fortify) and these Zombies tend to take the hits.

Whenever a golem gets killed, I find a quiet place, drop a curse, recast the golem, add the curse. When this is impossible, I haveto live without that curse for a while.

BTW: you may want to try Enfeeble instead of Flammability. I find I have plenty of dps, but never enough defense. Again: on very high level maps, I may need more dps and play more carefully.

Hey and very good advice again ^^

I can cast my level 27 Golems with "Temporal Chains" and "Discipline" up. Taking all reduction nodes gives you more than 35% mana free, which should be enough to cast Golems in every situation. In "Hall of The Grandmasters" -video I'm casting Golems very often.

High level Golems are almost immortal against other enemies and I don't have to recast them on Guardians, Atziri or even Shaper.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Dernière édition par mika2salo, le 15 août 2017 06:14:49
Love the build .. only thing i really need is gloves and belt .. but im running t15 np at all maybe die a few times on hard bosses .. but now hall of grandmaster and really hard bosses i die and my golems dies really fast ... iv read alot of thing you say we can do to help with that .. like useing other shields and stuff. could you make one post that outlines all the stuff you change to kill shaper and t16 boss

i think when i get a better belt and gloves (no es because of the jewels costs lol just got them) and the eye ammy ill have my chaos at max and then will be able to do halls

ALSO .. i use a bisco's ammy right now .. and for anything that needs to farm for their gear.. buy this asap

When useing this neckless and rolling my red maps with pack size im not running out of red maps at all .. i think i have 8+ right now and climbing .. dont worry about it not working or working when you die .. its not going to work on bosses anyways
Dernière édition par zzmastermindzz, le 15 août 2017 11:05:25

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires