[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

May I ask which one provides better damage increase, Taste of Hate or Dying Sun? I'm not sure which one to buy first, as I can't really calculate in PoB how much more damage will I get with Dying Sun.
"
nekryy a écrit :
can you guys help me with my gear. i sometimes get oneshotted and i have no clue why. my life is kinda low i guess but im working on that. anything else you can notice.

my gear:

jewels:

are the jewels i got so far.

or am i doing something terribly wrong?

Nothing man. It's just the quirky one-shot mechanics of this game. This build, like the vast majority of other builds/classes is sadly susceptible to it. You just need to learn the mechanics of the boss fight before you go in to it and you will be much better prepared (youtube). I usually stand outside of an Arena or boss fight and load up a video that shows me what to expect or what to look out for/avoid. But I'm pretty sure everyone gets one-shot just as much as you. I know my friend who has been playing POE since the start simply doesn't even boss-fight on some of his builds because of it- he just focuses on clearing the entire map and leveling/item farming that way. Once you're over 100 atlas completion you don't really need to worry about finishing maps as much (and those are the tier's that will one-shot you more often than not ((t15-16)).
"
kira1414 a écrit :
"
GodofRabbits a écrit :

I'm running an effective 5L with Cyclone - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Inc AoE - Elemental Damage With Attack Skills. Certainly I could have swapped for Conc Effect and another damage support were I to want more damage. Regardless, a 6L only beats this setup by one link, so it's not as large a boost as you imply.

Lets do the numbers using your character profile with POB :)

Cyclone on Level 18 Faster Attack Gloves + Kaom's Heart:
"
Cyclone + Elemental Damage with Attack + Concentrated + Fortify

Your effective Shaper DPS: 135365

If you switch to Cyclone on 6L Belly:
"
Cyclone + Elemental Damage with Attack + Concentrated + Fortify + Melee Physical + Elemental Focus

Your effective Shaper DPS: 232185

6L Belly has approximately 42% more damage.

Here is the pastebin (using your character profile) I used to simulate the above damage comparison:

https://pastebin.com/m6UCx4Z0

"
You can choose "Cyclone on 4L Elder Gloves" and "Cyclone on 6L Belly" from the Main Skill dropdown menu.

I have removed the Level 18 Faster Attack property from the gloves and add it as a gem in the skill slot for more accurate comparison.

You have to change the chest piece under Item tab to Belly when you switch to "Cyclone on 6L Belly".

Note: Elder's gloves is just a level 18 faster attack gem with 0% quality.

The faster attacks mod is always accompanied by a '+%AS' mod, so it's effectively a quality gem. You get additional % fire from Kaom's Heart. Also, why worry about scaling cyclone damage when you can instead rely on Molten Burst for single-target? I get that you are technically correct that you get more Cyclone damage on a 6L with better damage supports, but effectively you are trading away defenses for overkill damage on your trash clear skill. I also feel that stacking attack speed is better than damage because you should be aiming to proc Molten Burst as often as possible - as close to the theoretical 8x per second as you can get.
Dernière édition par GodofRabbits, le 28 déc. 2017 16:15:33
Do I continue saving for Shroud or change my build to use Bronn. Will I be able to do Shaper etc with Shroud?

I'm loving the cremation build, but if I need to switch to Bronn and pure Cyclone for dps to kill shaper I guess I will.

Just wondering which route I should take before I invest any more currency.
"
Norwind a écrit :
I feel like Im starting to fall off a bit in terms of damage. The ammys are too expensive for me to afford. I was thinking of getting an essence worm to run anger but do you think Ill lose out too much on other stats? What would be the next step in upgrading?

Well you shouldn't beat yourself up about the damage when some of you gems are only lvl 10 with no quality. Get those gems leveled and then 20% quality them and your damage will be fine. If i was you i would get rid of Hatchet Master points and the 2 at Jugernaut and work yourself towards Primeval Force and with 2 more levels you will be there.

2 flasks are useless really. Only need 1 life potion, and sure dont need 2 quicksilver. Get yourself a basalt or lion's roar.

Dernière édition par Artwebb1986, le 28 déc. 2017 17:06:39
Thank you so much for this guide, I've read nearly every post in here and the support you give people is greatly appreciate. That said, I feel like it's time I ask for some help.

I feel like my damage is a little lacking in higher red maps, is there anything I could be doing better? I also absolutely hate casting enduring cry/golem, can I swap out better gems for those two? I've already made the swap to 4 link AC instead of CWDT/IC.

I'm thinking in terms up grades my path looks something like, Spiked Gloves > Dying Sun > Taste of Hate > Abyss Jewels, does this seem right?

I also wanted to ask if I'm running the best gem set up in my weapon/chest.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Thank for the very comprehensive build.
At the moment, I only have 6S Ngamahu Axe .However, I'm happy thrown in 17EX to min/max this build.
Which items do you recommend me to get in the order?
Thank again.
"
Moonchild3370 a écrit :
Thanks for your reply Kira :)

I managed to pimp a litle more my stuff and here I am :

Spoiler

I'm sitting @ 5117 life and struggle to get more, I would like to have at least 6K.
My damage is fine ATM so maybe I should change some nodes in my tree to get more life at the price of some damage?
What could you advise ?

Again, I thank you for this beautiful and powerful build !

Looking at skill tree, I will recommend you to drop Celetrial Judgement cluster and use the 6 skill points to get either:
- more life % nodes
- Primeval Force

I would recommend you to find upgrades for the 2 abyssal jewels in your belt. Both of them have a wasted stat. Otherwise, you are probably better off using a well rolled rare Abyssal belt with 1 single abyssal jewel.

Get to level 94 and pick up the 40% life nodes near Primeval Force and that should push your life to a much more comfortable value.

Very nice gears you have over there. :)

"
Rexcision a écrit :
Killed Shaper deathless @ lvl 87

Spoiler

Very solid build.
I was wondering, what should be my next upgrade? thx.

Grats on the level 87 Shaper kill. :)

Probably a Tombfist with Elemental Weakness corruption as the next upgrade. And the end game Watcher's Eye probably.

Btw, your belt don't seem to have an abyssal jewel in it.

"
Sixtine a écrit :
Spoiler

Hello, those are my items at level 75 using the Avatar of fire skilltree.
Should I buy Impresence to run anger or should I just wait and buy Xophs blood ?
Thanks in advance and great build

Really depends on your budget and how much you are willing to invest in the build. Xoph's Blood is the end game amulet while Impresence is a great alternatively with Watcher's Eye.

If you are willing to invest, Xoph's Blood + Watcher's Eye. Otherwise, Impresence + Watcher's Eye.

"
Norwind a écrit :
I feel like Im starting to fall off a bit in terms of damage. The ammys are too expensive for me to afford. I was thinking of getting an essence worm to run anger but do you think Ill lose out too much on other stats? What would be the next step in upgrading?

Spoiler

I would recommend you to work on life rolls on your rings and amulet. They are either too low, or non-existence.

For rings, you can craft 40+ life on it. Amulet will definitely need a replacement.

The abyssal jewel in the belt needs a replacement too. Too many wasted stats on it.

Your flasks are not using the recommended setup too.

I would recommend you to just stick with the basic setup on gears and upgrade them progressively. Farm Uber lab for currencies, quality gems and helm enchantments for poe.trade.

"
jujib3z a écrit :
So then I would be getting rid of Flammability? I assume I could just go for the helm enchant once I can afford a Devoto's with one? Let's assume I get a pair of Steelscales, how would I re-color/re-socket my boots/gloves/helm accordingly now that I'm ditching a blue gem?

I really appreciate your help/you wasting your time with my stupid questions. First time playing a game like POE and I'm so exhausted of researching/youtubing and reading about the million things I don't understand. It's nice having someone explain things to me like this!

Yes. With the Elemental Weakness on hit gloves, you will drop Flammability.

To re-color corrupted Tombfist, you need to use level 8 Vorici bench to get 3R on it using 1R bench reroll (requires 4 chromatics and 4 vaal orbs) for each attempt. You can drop Faster Attack gem on the gloves.

The rest of the colors on your helm and boots can stay.

And glad I am able to help. :)

"
nekryy a écrit :
can you guys help me with my gear. i sometimes get oneshotted and i have no clue why. my life is kinda low i guess but im working on that. anything else you can notice.

my gear:
Spoiler

jewels:
Spoiler

are the jewels i got so far.

or am i doing something terribly wrong?

Replace Carnage Heart with Impresence (Flammability) amulet. This way you can drop Essence Worm for a high life roll rare ring and still be able to run: Flammability + Anger + Herald of Ash.

Life roll on your belt and boots a little low. So you can look into replacing them.

And for leveling character, personally I prefer to run just Enfeeble + Herald of Ash. It provide sufficient damage to clear most content. I will also skip tough bosses (e.g. Core) that have high tendency to 1 shot when map mods roll badly. Knowing when to avoid tough content is key to leveling.

You lose some damage, but you gain some experience. Nothing wrong with that. :)

"
Livermory a écrit :
May I ask which one provides better damage increase, Taste of Hate or Dying Sun? I'm not sure which one to buy first, as I can't really calculate in PoB how much more damage will I get with Dying Sun.

Taste of Hate buffs both Cyclone and Molten Burst.

Dying Sun buffs Molten Burst damage, and Cyclone AOE.

In terms of damage buff to Molten Burst, Dying Sun provides the most. Around 20% more damage.

"
GodofRabbits a écrit :

The faster attacks mod is always accompanied by a '+%AS' mod, so it's effectively a quality gem. You get additional % fire from Kaom's Heart. Also, why worry about scaling cyclone damage when you can instead rely on Molten Burst for single-target? I get that you are technically correct that you get more Cyclone damage on a 6L with better damage supports, but effectively you are trading away defenses for overkill damage on your trash clear skill. I also feel that stacking attack speed is better than damage because you should be aiming to proc Molten Burst as often as possible - as close to the theoretical 8x per second as you can get.

I don't think the gloves is a more applier. Based on POB, replacing the gloves mod with Level 18 Faster Attack gem with 0% quality gives the same DPS on Cyclone.

It is mis-conception that Molten Burst is key of the build. Yes, it greatly buffs the build when you have bad gears, but it doesn't scale as well compared to Cyclone when you have good gears.

In your case, Molten Burst probably takes up 60 to 70% of your total damage and Cyclone takes up the rest.

On my fully geared character, my Cyclone damage takes up 60+% of my total damage and Molten Burst is < 40%.

If you have watched @Overmedia's video, you will notice how fast the 4 mini-bosses is downed as compared to your video. The most obvious instance will be Vaal Oversoul fight. And don't forget, @Overmedia is using Belly, if he have used Bronn, the time taken to kill Shaper will be even shorter.

In terms of defense, I see that with Kaom's heart, you have 7725 life. @Overmedia uses Belly and he has around 7119 life.

Btw, I am not saying you can't run Kaom's Heart. I am just highlighting that Kaom's Heart has 8% more life than Belly but at the expenses of 42% lesser Cyclone damage.

Is it worth the tradeoff? Your call over there. :)

"
SirLimbo a écrit :
Do I continue saving for Shroud or change my build to use Bronn. Will I be able to do Shaper etc with Shroud?

I'm loving the cremation build, but if I need to switch to Bronn and pure Cyclone for dps to kill shaper I guess I will.

Just wondering which route I should take before I invest any more currency.

Shroud to kill Shaper is untested but I don't see why that can't be achieved.

But if Shaper kill is a goal (which I believe it is), going Bronn with pure Cyclone will be the safest approach.

And in the future, when you have gather more currencies, you can definitely get yourself Shroud as an extra chest to swap around.

"
Mistweaver a écrit :
Thank you so much for this guide, I've read nearly every post in here and the support you give people is greatly appreciate. That said, I feel like it's time I ask for some help.

I feel like my damage is a little lacking in higher red maps, is there anything I could be doing better? I also absolutely hate casting enduring cry/golem, can I swap out better gems for those two? I've already made the swap to 4 link AC instead of CWDT/IC.

I'm thinking in terms up grades my path looks something like, Spiked Gloves > Dying Sun > Taste of Hate > Abyss Jewels, does this seem right?

I also wanted to ask if I'm running the best gem set up in my weapon/chest.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Spoiler

I would suggest the first thing to do is get your gems to 20/20. That will boost your damage without investing in gears.

Your gloves definitely need an upgrade but if you are going for lab enchantment, you will want to use Titan Gauntlets instead of Spiked gloves. This is because lab enchantment will replace the implicit roll on Spiked gloves.

And yes, you can follow the upgrade path that you have listed.

Watcher's Eye is another jewel that you can look into. You can take a look at the Recommended Gears section for the preferred rolls on Watcher's Eye.

"
N4Z a écrit :
Thank for the very comprehensive build.
At the moment, I only have 6S Ngamahu Axe .However, I'm happy thrown in 17EX to min/max this build.
Which items do you recommend me to get in the order?
Thank again.

Xoph's Blood -> 6L Bronn (3R2B1G, very hard to color) -> Dying Sun and Taste of Hate -> Watcher's Eye (check recommended gears section).

or on a more budget buy:

Impresence (Flammability) -> Watcher's Eye (cheaper if desired roll on it has only extra fire damage with Anger) -> 6L Bronn (3R2B1G, very hard to color) -> Dying Sun and Taste of Hate.
"
Artwebb1986 a écrit :
"
Norwind a écrit :

Well you shouldn't beat yourself up about the damage when some of you gems are only lvl 10 with no quality. Get those gems leveled and then 20% quality them and your damage will be fine. If i was you i would get rid of Hatchet Master points and the 2 at Jugernaut and work yourself towards Primeval Force and with 2 more levels you will be there.

2 flasks are useless really. Only need 1 life potion, and sure dont need 2 quicksilver. Get yourself a basalt or lion's roar.

How are you able to get the proper int to max your int gems? I find that most of the stats that are suggested on rares don't really come with int
I am currently saving up for a Xoph's Blood (have ~6ex atm). I dont have a Watcher's Eye. Assuming no ele weakness on hit gloves, should I just get Xoph's Blood and run Flammability + HoA, or get both Xoph's Blood + Watcher's Eye and run Anger + HoA, with no curse at all?

Does damage from Watcher's Eye + Anger outweigh the damage provided by Flammability?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires