[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

"
IronSpaceWood a écrit :
I purchased some gloves that came with cold and physical added damage to attacks and I'm wondering if the physical added attack will impact EE?

It would only be a problem if you aren't using Brutality in your Shield Charge set up as that should be the only attack that you do. Everything else is either a spell or burning damage (not an attack). Brutality will prevent elemental damage so you don't accidentally convert some of your phys damage to fire (via the Ascendancy node) and unintentionally trigger EE resist to fire.

Just to be clear, you won't be causing any cold damage either with those gloves.

"
DeMiGodking102 a écrit :
"
Edimasta a écrit :
Trying this out now, but not understanding why so much strength is important... ? Still new to the game so have to learn a lot... just cannot comprehend why 800 STR is recommended for the weapon :)

before 800 str, a perfect doryani's catalyst can give up to 132% inc damage for RF/SR. after 800 str, doon cubiyari gives 132% inc damage and much more the higher you go.

Plus, there's an additional bonus that every 10 points of strength also gives you an additional 5 points of life. So the difference between 400 strength and 800 strength equals an extra flat 200 life. Then you get your % increased life attributes on top of that so get both more survivability, plus Righteous Fire scales off your life, so more damage too! It's the gift that keeps giving!
I am a quite big fan of Death's Oath (DO) builds. Due to similarities in between DO & RF builds. I wanted give this build a try and really enjoying it so far.

I am currently level 77 having 7800 life & 839 strength. My all resistances are capped (certainly except Chaos res)

Any idea about how I can improve my build is welcome. You can see my gear below

Spoiler

"
Aldora_the_Summoner a écrit :
"
IronSpaceWood a écrit :
I purchased some gloves that came with cold and physical added damage to attacks and I'm wondering if the physical added attack will impact EE?

It would only be a problem if you aren't using Brutality in your Shield Charge set up as that should be the only attack that you do. Everything else is either a spell or burning damage (not an attack). Brutality will prevent elemental damage so you don't accidentally convert some of your phys damage to fire (via the Ascendancy node) and unintentionally trigger EE resist to fire.

Just to be clear, you won't be causing any cold damage either with those gloves.

Thank you very much for helping me out. Does EE still get triggered then? Or am I using it for no reason? And if it does, whats triggering it, and are the adds getting the -50 fire rez?

Thank you
here is my gear
Spoiler

im still working on my ammulet.my jewels have like 7% life and double res like 10% fire and cold resistances and 10% fire and lightning resistances.almost lvl 89 now

Dernière édition par Yusukeirinel12, le 11 juil. 2018 16:52:35
No, your gloves won't be triggering EE because, aside from Shield Charge, we don't use any attacks in our build. Everything else is either a spell, or direct burning damage.

The build applies EE in a couple of ways:

CWDT and Vortex is one way as the Vortex is cold damage.

CWDT Ball Lightning is another as it applies Lightning Damage

Both of these are passive and require you to be hit first which is not always ideal.

Demi also recommends an option for Orb of Storms which would be an active way of applying lightning damage and applying EE.

Right now for myself I'm using a Cast while Channelling Arc setup to apply EE but that may not be a good option late game where standing still for extended periods of time will get you killed.

I'd recommend the Orb of Storms option (Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1), Ball Lightning (level 4), Curse on Hit (as high as you can get), Flammability (as high as you can get), Orb of Storms (as high as you can get but at least level 11). This allows the original CWDT set up to trigger as per normal while you can still manually cast Orb of Storms because it exceeds the level that the CWDT can use.

The main problem you will have here is getting a chest armour with one red and 4 blue sockets so you probably want an Armour / Energy Shield base to make it easier. Pure Armour will be a massive pain in the ass. Better yet, just buy one that meets your needs that is already correctly coloured.

Good luck!
I have CWDT (lvl 1), Ball lightning (lvl 1), Curse on hit (lvl 1) and flammability (lvl 2) but it doesnt seem like the ball lightning is cursing anything when it pops. Any idea why? The lvl requirements on the gems seem to be fine.
"
reemr a écrit :
I have CWDT (lvl 1), Ball lightning (lvl 1), Curse on hit (lvl 1) and flammability (lvl 2) but it doesnt seem like the ball lightning is cursing anything when it pops. Any idea why? The lvl requirements on the gems seem to be fine.

"
4-5 Link: RBBB (B)
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1), Ball Lightning (level 4), Curse on Hit (as high as you can get), Flammability (as high as you can get). If you can get the extra blue socket, Orb of Storms will allow you to manually cast a spell that also curses for EE/EO.

i'd recommend leveling your flammability out of range of your cwdt, as its trying to cast flammability but can't because it's linked to curse on hit.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"
Aldora_the_Summoner a écrit :
Snip...

Thank you so much for your help =)
Another question, I leveled the Ball Lighting and CWDT as you described and linked it in a 4 link: Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1), Ball Lightning (level 4), Curse on Hit (on 5 currently), Flammability (on 17)

But the Ball Lightning is rarely triggered at all... I use shield charge to charge around in mob groups and bosses, I suspect this is the way I trigger it... right? But most of the groups I charge in, nothing happens :(

Is that intended or am I overlooking something?
"
Edimasta a écrit :
Another question, I leveled the Ball Lighting and CWDT as you described and linked it in a 4 link: Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1), Ball Lightning (level 4), Curse on Hit (on 5 currently), Flammability (on 17)

But the Ball Lightning is rarely triggered at all... I use shield charge to charge around in mob groups and bosses, I suspect this is the way I trigger it... right? But most of the groups I charge in, nothing happens :(

Is that intended or am I overlooking something?

CWDT stands for cast when damage taken. if you're killing mobs before they hit you and deal damage, i'd say that'd a good thing lol
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires