[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
Parja1 a écrit :
"
gvidzix a écrit :
If you have around 2-3 exalts you could buy a 6 linked rare mace with ~500 dps (I myself had 6 linked Marohi, but even so I switched it to a rare mace, moving/attacking/clearing faster now), and that would give you a nice dmg boost, letting you get rid of that Abyssus (god I can't stand that helmet :D, because my friend used it, and whenever we would play together he would rip all the time in maps, or get one shot in merciless labirint ...).

And if your resists allow you could get a Essence Worm ring and slot your hatred aura in there, and getting blasphemy+punishment additionally.

Basically that is what I did recently to make this build more enjoyable for myself, lvl 87 and only now started getting red maps (I have abysmal map drops, and Zana is only one mission away from lvl6, but she never showed up for me until like tier 6 maps).

I see you don't run Increased AOE on your mace, though. That's got to hamper your clear speed. And Faster Attacks runs fairly counter to Earthquake, as you're probably only getting an aftershock every third attack. The beauty of a 6L Marohi is that it's basically a 7L. I have a hard time believing that you would have slower clear speed with a properly gemmed 6L Marohi than your current mace.

Yes you have a point, for me it did not work out however, yes I agree having Marohi the AOE was bigger, on this mace I sometimes do put in increased aoe gem, but mostly I don't. I just wanted a bit faster playstyle, it works for me, it may not work for you. Even if you don't believe, it still is faster, because my guy now properly jumps with leap slam, not floats in the air - so getting from one pack to another is a lot faster. Marohi is excellent for clearing packs there's no arguing, still it's just that I personally prefer it this way. And I don't know but bosses drop faster as well.

edit: about faster attacks, I most likely will switch it out for something else, even so this mace was like 3-5k dps improvement on tooltip. It would have been even better if the chaos dmg was physical, or even elemntal, because this dmg scales badly for my build and I know it.
Dernière édition par gvidzix, le 20 oct. 2016 15:16:17
"
gvidzix a écrit :
Yes you have a point, for me it did not work out however, yes I agree having Marohi the AOE was bigger, on this mace I sometimes do put in increased aoe gem, but mostly I don't. I just wanted a bit faster playstyle, it works for me, it may not work for you. Even if you don't believe, it still is faster, because my guy now properly jumps with leap slam, not floats in the air - so getting from one pack to another is a lot faster. Marohi is excellent for clearing packs there's no arguing, still it's just that I personally prefer it this way. And I don't know but bosses drop faster as well.

edit: about faster attacks, I most likely will switch it out for something else, even so this mace was like 3-5k dps improvement on tooltip. It would have been even better if the chaos dmg was physical, or even elemntal, because this dmg scales badly for my build and I know it.

Yeah, steering clear of IAS definitely hinders Leap Slap speed.

You can't trust tooltip DPS with Earthquake, though, since it doesn't include the aftershock damage.
"
Parja1 a écrit :
"
gvidzix a écrit :

Yeah, steering clear of IAS definitely hinders Leap Slap speed.

You can't trust tooltip DPS with Earthquake, though, since it doesn't include the aftershock damage.

Of course the aftershock is not included (I understand the mechanic), still like I said after equipping this mace I just felt stronger. I don't see this build going on guardians at the moment, I've done normal atziri, that's possible. Uber labyrinth, guardians, shaper, uber atziri at this point I don't see that happening. Still it's pretty fun build, have gotten enough currency and already in process of making two other builds.
So wanted to share what I've done with this build - Atziri is easy, Uber lab hard as fck. Atziri is super easy if you know/learn the mechanics, but Uber, for doable Uber lab I think you should have at least 100k dps, which I am not near without charges and totem, and tanking Izaro for long periods of time will result in fail (this is the main reason, Uber Izaro hits hard, and with EQ you could try and cheese him by shift+EQ and running in circles, but that will take super long, and he still can get you, best I found is having 4 life flasks and one granite/basalt flask and just taking it like a man), I failed 6 times, 4 on third stage, 1 on second stage, 1 on first :D, and by some miracle did it on 7th try. I am lvl 88 right now. I changed to Lightning coil as well recently, but in my situation the mitigation is about on par with the armor I had before hand, the only unaccountable variable which may be better with lightning coil is the additional evasion percent.
This league starter is very nice, will try to gimp it out some more, and maybe take it to T14 maps (atm highest was T12 twinned Estuary), and possibly get the 36 challenges, then this build would be worth the time and effort I guess.
Dernière édition par gvidzix, le 22 oct. 2016 18:19:45
Hey Guys and thank you for a strong and fun build! I have one question concerning my future gear upgrades I hope someone will be able to answer. What would benefit this build the most in terms of dammage: 1. Warped Timepiece + Rare ring or 2. Voidheart + Rare amulet?

I think it comes down to whether the reduced duration on earthquake outweigh bleed and poison.

Thank you in advance.
Hello guys, I'm not playing too much time and definitely making some mistakes in my gear.
I try to follow this build, now feeling good on Maps Tier 4/5 (maybee even higher, but don't try yet).

Champion, level 73, playing in Essence.
I have about 8k armor with 4.5k life, elemental resists 75%.
Currently I have following dps Earthquake - 12k buffed.
Could you help me in making my build better?
Thank you.

Spoiler
Hello guys, first of all thanks for another great guide lifting!
Now i do have one or two little questions:
1)Why do we pick up the 2 "Mace damage and reduced enemy stun threshold" nodes instead of the 2 "Mace damage and attack speed" nodes? If i see it correctly we have no way of stunning enemies, so we could get 4% more attack damage and some attack speed that way.

2) i'm at lvl 60 now in essence HC and while it is all going rather smoothly i feel like i could be more durable... could someone of you maybe give me hint as to where i should spend my currency next?
The character is Alfonse - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SumoFlorist

Thanks in advance

Edit: i kinda found most of my answers on my own... gj brain! So i learned every direct damage has a chance to stun so that answers my 1st question and now that i got perma fortify i am much more tanky, although i sometimes tend to lose like 1/3 of my life on random o_O or did i instagib some kind of reflect group in those cases?
Dernière édition par SumoFlorist, le 26 oct. 2016 14:13:59
"
DunnyChan a écrit :
Hello guys, I'm not playing too much time and definitely making some mistakes in my gear.
I try to follow this build, now feeling good on Maps Tier 4/5 (maybee even higher, but don't try yet).

Champion, level 73, playing in Essence.
I have about 8k armor with 4.5k life, elemental resists 75%.
Currently I have following dps Earthquake - 12k buffed.
Could you help me in making my build better?
Thank you.

Spoiler

Your life is way too low. You need a better belt and boots. I would sacrifice some move speed on the boots if you have to in order to get high life rolls with resists. Gloves are not bad, will probably be expensive to upgrade.

Your gems still need leveling up. I would start leveling backups as well. Use vendor recipe on any non 20% quality lvl 20 gems in order to get a lvl 1/20% quality. When you get a few 20/20, try vaaling.

Also you need to pick up 3 jewel nodes in your passives asap. Each one of those should be % damage/ % increased max life. It looked like you didn't have any yet. Picking up three of these should really bump your damage and life.

Your damage seems a little low, but it's also Marohi. You can try picking up physical damage on your rings. It might be hard/expensive though if you need the resists. This is where picking up more resists on your boots might be able to help you out with making it easier to get damage on your rings.

I would upgrade boots, then get three jewels in your passives with dmg/life. That should be a nice bump.

One of the bigger bottlenecks you are going to run into next will be sustaining incoming boss damage. IMO you need to drop CWDT+IC in favor of always having endurance charges up. I'm still toying with my CWDT setup, but right now I have Molten Shell, Vortex and Improve Duration. I also swapped out Blood Magic for End Charge on Leap Slam, but you could probably do without that.
Dernière édition par jayjamins, le 26 oct. 2016 18:29:48
"
SumoFlorist a écrit :
Hello guys, first of all thanks for another great guide lifting!
Now i do have one or two little questions:
1)Why do we pick up the 2 "Mace damage and reduced enemy stun threshold" nodes instead of the 2 "Mace damage and attack speed" nodes? If i see it correctly we have no way of stunning enemies, so we could get 4% more attack damage and some attack speed that way.

2) i'm at lvl 60 now in essence HC and while it is all going rather smoothly i feel like i could be more durable... could someone of you maybe give me hint as to where i should spend my currency next?
The character is Alfonse - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SumoFlorist

Thanks in advance

Edit: i kinda found most of my answers on my own... gj brain! So i learned every direct damage has a chance to stun so that answers my 1st question and now that i got perma fortify i am much more tanky, although i sometimes tend to lose like 1/3 of my life on random o_O or did i instagib some kind of reflect group in those cases?

You need to pick up jewel nodes and life nodes. Work your way to that Constitution wheel in the middle of the passive tree. You're also missing 5% life by golems blood. With three jewels that have %life and the Constitution wheel, you should pick up a TON of life.

There's also a few life nodes in the Marauder section you can easily pick up.
Dernière édition par jayjamins, le 26 oct. 2016 18:34:11
Thanks jayjamins for the points, no idea how that node below golems blood got away from me o_O...
Another question tho, what are your (jayjamins and all other ppl reading this) thoughts on immortal call? - i can keep 5-6 endurance charges up most of the time which equals to 24% physical reduction and ele resis, is it really worth having it procc at all those random times eating my endurance charges? I mean it doesnt protect me from onehits since it goes off AFTER the hit that triggers it and groups of porcupines or something SHOULD be survivable with granite + basalt *i think*, are there any viable alternatives like i dont know artic breath + gmp or something that can actually reduca ALL incoming damage for a period of time or am i still better off with immortal call? -- keep in mind i'm playing in HC so any death is a no go for me...

Edit: i mean instead of the cwdt immortal call molten shell 4link one could also run some kind of minion damage soaker for example zombies + minion life + minion and totem resistance + hmm maybe blind?

Or 2x vaal summon skeletons?
Dernière édition par SumoFlorist, le 26 oct. 2016 22:01:25

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires