[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

Hey Guys! Any suggestions what can be done here? I feel kinda weak t12 bosses are mostly rip for me.damage is at 40k with frenzy buffs.
Greets
Dernière édition par Potti, le 10 oct. 2016 17:08:33
"
Potti a écrit :

Hey Guys! Any suggestions what can be done here? I feel kinda weak t12 bosses are mostly rip for me.damage is at 40k with frenzy buffs.
Greets

Your gear could have double or triple the amount of armor, that would fix some rips. Maybe see if you can switch out kaoms heart for a decent 1.5k-2k armour which has 100+ life as well.
"
gvidzix a écrit :
"
Potti a écrit :

Greets

Your gear could have double or triple the amount of armor, that would fix some rips. Maybe see if you can switch out kaoms heart for a decent 1.5k-2k armour which has 100+ life as well.

totally true,im looking into that.thanks man!
Hello,

Need some help with the build.
I am currently at lvl 44 and struggling to beat Labyrinth in Normal mode.
Can some1 give me some tips on what to do...even the dog beats me :))

Here are my items:

Two issues I see.

First, your weapon damage is quite low. See if you can trade for a significantly higher 4L unique axe or hammer on the cheap, like a Geofri's Baptism (should be able to find a 4L for right around 1 chaos).

Also, your gem socketing is all off. Support gems only work with the gems they're linked to.

So, as mentioned in the OP, you'll want to put your Earthquake in a 4L with Less Duration, Melee Physical, and Fortify.

Then, put your Warchief in a 4L with Faster Attacks, Melee Physical, and Added Fire Damage.

And so on...

Your continuous buff spells like Hatred and Herald of Ash don't benefit from support gems, so those don't need to be linked.
Dernière édition par Parja1, le 12 oct. 2016 20:52:44
"
Two issues I see.

First, your weapon damage is quite low. See if you can trade for a significantly higher 4L unique axe or hammer on the cheap, like a Geofri's Baptism (should be able to find a 4L for right around 1 chaos).

Also, your gem socketing is all off. Support gems only work with the gems they're linked to.

So, as mentioned in the OP, you'll want to put your Earthquake in a 4L with Less Duration, Melee Physical, and Fortify.

Then, put your Warchief in a 4L with Faster Attacks, Melee Physical, and Added Fire Damage.

And so on...

Your continuous buff spells like Hatred and Herald of Ash don't benefit from support gems, so those don't need to be linked.

Thanks for the advice,
Managed to buy the Hammer for 1 Alchemy and also got myself the Marohi(for 1 chaos :X ) and also The Blood Reaper (also for 1 chaos). Here is my build now:

Hope I can run Labyrinth now....

Also here are my next 2 big items (hope I didn't pay to much for them :| )

Don't know it this was mentioned, but I found this thing to work great with this build (if you have enough resistances on other gear).
This gives me free slots (and enough mana for reservation) to nudge in Blasphemy and Warlords Mark, so I don't need to slap that enduring cry all the time. Also, Warlord's mark give you more life/mana leach than those life/mana nodes so you can save 3 skill points.

IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
"

Don't know it this was mentioned, but I found this thing to work great with this build (if you have enough resistances on other gear).
This gives me free slots (and enough mana for reservation) to nudge in Blasphemy and Warlords Mark, so I don't need to slap that enduring cry all the time. Also, Warlord's mark give you more life/mana leach than those life/mana nodes so you can save 3 skill points.

That would pair well with Belly of the Beast as your body armor since it can potentially net you a +45% on resistances vs. a net -60% for Lightning Coil, definitely easing the need for resists on a ring.

So how does that work with the "40% increased mana reserved"? Running Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark and Herald of Ash would be a total of 84% reserved with the 40% bump?
"
Parja1 a écrit :
"

That would pair well with Belly of the Beast as your body armor since it can potentially net you a +45% on resistances vs. a net -60% for Lightning Coil, definitely easing the need for resists on a ring.

So how does that work with the "40% increased mana reserved"? Running Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark and Herald of Ash would be a total of 84% reserved with the 40% bump?

Exactly, 84% of mana is reserved. I have 0 mana on gear and I am at 97 mana after reserve. Which is more than plenty for casting anything you need. And mana regen is enough for spamming Leap Slam, without even hitting anything afflicted with warlords mark.

I tried another thing also. I went for Sovereignty (% redu mana reserved) cluster and tried to run Determination, Hatred (on the ring) and Herald of Ash. It works. But, my gear is kinda crappy so you would need good +# mana on ring and neck to be able to attack without mana issues with 5+ linked Earthquake. And this way, you can't save up those 3 points, since you need that leach when Warlords Mark is out of the picture. It makes you really tanky. With average gear and determination I was at 17k armour.
I may try to fiddle with it again, but it slowed my clear speed a bit. Warlords Mark is just run and gun style after you cast Blood Rage.

And not sure about Belly of the Beast. Should work really well. But I just started 2 days ago, after year+ break of poe, so I am broke af. But you got me thinking, will get my hands on one as soon as I can.

Edit: About those 3 extra points you save. If you are low on res with the unique ring, you can grab Diamond Skin and Cloth and Chain clusters, which are +30% all res and 36% armour total.
IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
Dernière édition par ComradeMrki, le 13 oct. 2016 14:52:40
Hi there! :)

I'm playing this build as a marauder.

If someone could look at my skilltree and my equip and tell me what/where I could improve upon would be amazing...I'm really not great with builds and gear...and the obvious improvements like 6-Ls are currently out of reach due to me not having that much currency.

Sorry if I just provide the profile link and not the gear in detail...it's close to 5am right now! :/

The character is Varronn.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Vallerian/characters

I have about 8k armor unbuffed with 5.4k life and capped resists.
I can have a total of 8 endurance and 3 frenzy charges (could specc into a 4th).
I self-cast the golem and have a cwdt setup with Warlords Mark for endurance charge generation besides self-cast Enduring Cry. :)

Currently my dps is about as follows:
Earthquake ~ 21k buffed
Warchief ~ 45k buffed

Trash packs mostly die in one hit and dropping a totem is really not neccesary most of the time because everything goes down fast.

But at bosses I seem to have issues.
Most of the time I drop the totem...it eats one hit and is dead...without getting out a single hit...gimping my dps to the 21k from earthquake.
Earthquake -> move -> EQ -> move -> EQ etc. takes _forever_ to down bosses...and flask charges tend to become an issue.
I'm currently stuck at lvl88 because of the above reasons...bosses kill me often due to fights taking longer...

Normal Atziri or Uber Lab are out of question right now...tried Atziri two times and I got wrecked hard...

I feel like I'm stuck and/or doing something horribly wrong.

So if anybody has some feedback, it would be much appreciated!!! :)
Dernière édition par Vallerian, le 13 oct. 2016 22:46:48

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires