[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
I will update the guide for alternative body armours soon.

GGG's breach nerfs have resulted in a sharp increase in Skin of the Lords price vs the prior leagues. Hence, we should consider other chests that provide +4 levels to Vortex and Creeping Frost.

The tier list is:
1. +1 socketed gems, +2 socketed duration gems
2. +1 socketed gems, +2 socketed AoE gems
3. +2 socketed duration gems, +2 socketed AoE gems

The reason why 1>2 is because swift affliction has the duration tag, and hence will gain 2 levels from +2 socketed duration.

The reason why 1 and 2 > 3 is because it allows further scaling from Empower 4.

The power level of Empower Lv3 is similar to that from Hypothermia Lv 21. Both provide ~30% more DoT damage. The gem set-up for 1 and 2 uses Empower instead of Hypothermia in 3. Hence if you have Empower lvl 4, the set-up of 1 and 2 will be more powerful than 3.

The advantage of using a chest aside from Skin of the Lords is that you can get life, resistances, and other buffs such as increased AoE and damage from Carcass Jack. These benefits, in a good chest can match or even be better than Skin of the Lords for a lower price.

We can use tainted crafting to turn bases with suitable corrupted implicits into 6L chests in a cheap manner.

Are you trying to create the absolute most thorough and impressive guide for cold DOT? Because this is how you create the absolute most thorough and impressive guide for cold DOT.

Absolute legend.
hey! thanks so much for creating this. this is my first character back in years and im having a blast.

i had some quick questions - general and build specific

1) if anyone has the time and could look through my character to give advice on my next upgrades that'd be great. i have about ~20 div to spend

2) is pain attunement THAT good? from what i read it's just 30% more spell damage right? if i ran an abyss jewel and belt with + damage and + damage after kill like i am right now, is it better? considering we free up a jewel slot and a passive skill point and better stats on a rare belt?

3) i have a +2 amulet with cold damage leech, is it potentially possible to pivot my build to EoM instead of DD? i find the leech to be more consistent and i dont have to spend passive points. how would i potentially pivot this build to a non-DD EoM build (wtih cold leech on my amulet)

EDIT: also just took your advice and 6linked + chromed a +1/+2 duration chest base , i never crafted anything corrupted before so it was scary but it actually wasnt that bad! THANK YOU!
Dernière édition par proyousart, le 15 avr. 2023 18:33:14
Took your advice, and made a bunch of upgrades, and have started getting into red maps. However they can be quiet deadly, at 18k ehp, what next step to get red maps feeling smooth?
Spoiler
"
Killtrox a écrit :
"
I will update the guide for alternative body armours soon.

GGG's breach nerfs have resulted in a sharp increase in Skin of the Lords price vs the prior leagues. Hence, we should consider other chests that provide +4 levels to Vortex and Creeping Frost.

The tier list is:
1. +1 socketed gems, +2 socketed duration gems
2. +1 socketed gems, +2 socketed AoE gems
3. +2 socketed duration gems, +2 socketed AoE gems

The reason why 1>2 is because swift affliction has the duration tag, and hence will gain 2 levels from +2 socketed duration.

The reason why 1 and 2 > 3 is because it allows further scaling from Empower 4.

The power level of Empower Lv3 is similar to that from Hypothermia Lv 21. Both provide ~30% more DoT damage. The gem set-up for 1 and 2 uses Empower instead of Hypothermia in 3. Hence if you have Empower lvl 4, the set-up of 1 and 2 will be more powerful than 3.

The advantage of using a chest aside from Skin of the Lords is that you can get life, resistances, and other buffs such as increased AoE and damage from Carcass Jack. These benefits, in a good chest can match or even be better than Skin of the Lords for a lower price.

We can use tainted crafting to turn bases with suitable corrupted implicits into 6L chests in a cheap manner.

Are you trying to create the absolute most thorough and impressive guide for cold DOT? Because this is how you create the absolute most thorough and impressive guide for cold DOT.

Absolute legend.

guide creator is great at making detailed and step by step responses. for me I just give opinions from intuition because I’ve been playing CDOT since synthesis (1 league after vortex was reworked). we have a lot of ideas and I used to post on Shakcentral’s thread but it is less active. so we decided to make a thread.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 15 avr. 2023 23:26:48
"
Dumplation a écrit :
Any thoughts on best crucible wand trees?

personally I have not experimented with this as I feel this will only be more relevant in the 10-20d range when you are maximising dps. if you are looking at early/mid mapping, basically find whatever is available within budget. i believe POB will take awhile (after the integration with poe trade) to help with simulating dps and certain crucible nodes. a cheap 1d wand can last quite awhile until you feel bottlenecked.
"
proyousart a écrit :
hey! thanks so much for creating this. this is my first character back in years and im having a blast.

i had some quick questions - general and build specific

1) if anyone has the time and could look through my character to give advice on my next upgrades that'd be great. i have about ~20 div to spend

2) is pain attunement THAT good? from what i read it's just 30% more spell damage right? if i ran an abyss jewel and belt with + damage and + damage after kill like i am right now, is it better? considering we free up a jewel slot and a passive skill point and better stats on a rare belt?

3) i have a +2 amulet with cold damage leech, is it potentially possible to pivot my build to EoM instead of DD? i find the leech to be more consistent and i dont have to spend passive points. how would i potentially pivot this build to a non-DD EoM build (wtih cold leech on my amulet)

EDIT: also just took your advice and 6linked + chromed a +1/+2 duration chest base , i never crafted anything corrupted before so it was scary but it actually wasnt that bad! THANK YOU!

2. yes. because it's 30% MORE spell dmg. meaning if your vortex was 1m dps, it'll become 1.3m dps. a belt + jewel will not give you such numbers. you will need for example, increased 230% spell damage on your belt + jewel to hit said 30% more dps.

3. you should scroll back to this post by the guide creator. the pros of DD outweight the pros of EoM (for most cases). I have also mentioned to someone else that if min-maxing your dps is your priority, with your budget, start looking at ignite builds.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/2#p24936007

1. is a bit trickier to answer, because personally, I will aim to get lvl 30 vortex and creeping frost. with empower 4 and my current chest, I do not need +1 gem levels on my amulet and shield. (just a +1 on weapon OR amulet OR shield is sufficient). this is because beyond lvl 30, gem levels are significantly diminishing returns. if you look at the guide creator's shield, just flat spell dmg will be more beneficial. this makes gearing significantly easier and cheaper.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 16 avr. 2023 01:45:14
"
theroran a écrit :
Took your advice, and made a bunch of upgrades, and have started getting into red maps. However they can be quiet deadly, at 18k ehp, what next step to get red maps feeling smooth?

1. get devouring diadem. this will let you run the 4 auras. with hatred on divine blessing.

currently, you should be running malevolence+grace+deter+defiance banner; and hatred on divine blessing.

2. i will unspec the AOE nodes blast radius and amplify, in preference for revenge of the hunted and tolerance. AOE is nice, but not a requirement if you have not enough dps/survivability.

3. if recovery is an issue, grab blood drinker, nice recovery+life. I also took melding when it was earlier in my levels (and am still using).

your dps should be decent.
thank you so much for the response.

great advice on understanding MORE damage. i have now swapped to coward's legacy and it feels great even tho im a little squishier. great advice on DR on gems after 30 too, ill probably look to swap out my +2 amulet for more stats/allocates ash etc once i get my empower gem up to that level.

as for DD, i guess since i have spell leech i was thinking if there was a way to run EoM, while still getting DD QoL. so like for example, cold leech on amulet + mana reservation efficiency on shield or something like that. i dont know the game enough to say exactly but it seems like in the very late game its possible to have EoM and get pseudo-DD mods on your other pieces of gear if that makes sense!
"
proyousart a écrit :
thank you so much for the response.

great advice on understanding MORE damage. i have now swapped to coward's legacy and it feels great even tho im a little squishier. great advice on DR on gems after 30 too, ill probably look to swap out my +2 amulet for more stats/allocates ash etc once i get my empower gem up to that level.

as for DD, i guess since i have spell leech i was thinking if there was a way to run EoM, while still getting DD QoL. so like for example, cold leech on amulet + mana reservation efficiency on shield or something like that. i dont know the game enough to say exactly but it seems like in the very late game its possible to have EoM and get pseudo-DD mods on your other pieces of gear if that makes sense!

so if you read the guide creator's post on EoM vs DD, he has outlined it well. because it's about running an additional aura which gives shock immune as well. and dont forget Feast of Flesh lets you regen ES/Mana (which spell leech does not). so the recovery is more than just HP leech. tempest shield is a big defensive layer. so the idea is that it might be easier to get the dps EoM gives you elsewhere.
I am having huge mana issues when leveling, currently act 7. Even with ~15lvl clarity running I still run out of mana all the time (of course there's no way to fit determination in). Is there a solution other than spamming enduring mana flasks?
Dernière édition par cadosinio, le 16 avr. 2023 04:07:19

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires