[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
cadosinio a écrit :
I am having huge mana issues when leveling, currently act 7. Even with ~15lvl clarity running I still run out of mana all the time (of course there's no way to fit determination in). Is there a solution other than spamming enduring mana flasks?

hard to tell without seeing your character. could be that you are linking too many support gems to vortex/creeping frost too early.
"
Dumplation a écrit :
Any thoughts on best crucible wand trees?

I have not seen anything game breaking or game changing for CDoT so far.

It will be something to min-max at the end-game.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Killtrox a écrit :
"
I will update the guide for alternative body armours soon.

GGG's breach nerfs have resulted in a sharp increase in Skin of the Lords price vs the prior leagues. Hence, we should consider other chests that provide +4 levels to Vortex and Creeping Frost.

The tier list is:
1. +1 socketed gems, +2 socketed duration gems
2. +1 socketed gems, +2 socketed AoE gems
3. +2 socketed duration gems, +2 socketed AoE gems

The reason why 1>2 is because swift affliction has the duration tag, and hence will gain 2 levels from +2 socketed duration.

The reason why 1 and 2 > 3 is because it allows further scaling from Empower 4.

The power level of Empower Lv3 is similar to that from Hypothermia Lv 21. Both provide ~30% more DoT damage. The gem set-up for 1 and 2 uses Empower instead of Hypothermia in 3. Hence if you have Empower lvl 4, the set-up of 1 and 2 will be more powerful than 3.

The advantage of using a chest aside from Skin of the Lords is that you can get life, resistances, and other buffs such as increased AoE and damage from Carcass Jack. These benefits, in a good chest can match or even be better than Skin of the Lords for a lower price.

We can use tainted crafting to turn bases with suitable corrupted implicits into 6L chests in a cheap manner.

Are you trying to create the absolute most thorough and impressive guide for cold DOT? Because this is how you create the absolute most thorough and impressive guide for cold DOT.

Absolute legend.

Thanks for the support! :)

Yes, I want to create an in-depth guide. As I am also working full-time, the guide will have to be built over a period of time.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
cadosinio a écrit :
I am having huge mana issues when leveling, currently act 7. Even with ~15lvl clarity running I still run out of mana all the time (of course there's no way to fit determination in). Is there a solution other than spamming enduring mana flasks?

hard to tell without seeing your character. could be that you are linking too many support gems to vortex/creeping frost too early.

This is my character: https://pobb.in/Uh0xYimCZZlH
"
proyousart a écrit :
hey! thanks so much for creating this. this is my first character back in years and im having a blast.

i had some quick questions - general and build specific

1) if anyone has the time and could look through my character to give advice on my next upgrades that'd be great. i have about ~20 div to spend

2) is pain attunement THAT good? from what i read it's just 30% more spell damage right? if i ran an abyss jewel and belt with + damage and + damage after kill like i am right now, is it better? considering we free up a jewel slot and a passive skill point and better stats on a rare belt?

3) i have a +2 amulet with cold damage leech, is it potentially possible to pivot my build to EoM instead of DD? i find the leech to be more consistent and i dont have to spend passive points. how would i potentially pivot this build to a non-DD EoM build (wtih cold leech on my amulet)

EDIT: also just took your advice and 6linked + chromed a +1/+2 duration chest base , i never crafted anything corrupted before so it was scary but it actually wasnt that bad! THANK YOU!

1. Next upgrades:
a. Anoint Ash, Frost and Storm on your amulet
b. Replace Elemental Focus with the Awakened version. Lv 5 gives +1 to spell skill gems.
c. Get Empower level 4
d. Get quality on support gems
e. Flasks:
i. Quality them
ii. Get a life flask with corrupted blood immunity rather than on a flask.
iii. You don't need freeze immunity if you have freeze Pantheon set-up

2. Yes. More damage is not the same as increased damage. More damage is a multiplier to your total damage. Increased damage adds on to other sources of increased damage, then multiplies your total damage.

3. DD is more than just the life regeneration. You have to spend passive points to get Eldritch Battery. Leech does not work with DoT damage, only the instant damage on hit. You will also have to drop Tempest Shield for Defiance Banner. You will have to read map mods. Etc.

4. Etc: Molten Shell and Steelskin conflict with each other because they are both guard skills https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Guard_Skill

Glad your corruption craft worked~
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 16 avr. 2023 08:07:10
"
cadosinio a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
cadosinio a écrit :

This is my character: https://pobb.in/Uh0xYimCZZlH

The easiest solution will be to spend your next 3 SP adding Eldritch Battery. Let us know how it goes.
Is there a way to run ele reflect maps? I notice the claim that this build can run all map mods, but I am unable to run these.

Thanks!
"
Killtrox a écrit :
Is there a way to run ele reflect maps? I notice the claim that this build can run all map mods, but I am unable to run these.

Thanks!

The last ascendancy you take is bastion of the elements and makes you immune to elemental reflect, make sure you are following the PoB.
"

The easiest solution will be to spend your next 3 SP adding Eldritch Battery. Let us know how it goes.

When I add Eldritch Battery, when do I unspec?

Also, on other note:
I've been looking at the build and I think about getting rid of shield charge + tempest shield (i hate shield charge) to somehow automate curses, maybe using frostblink? What do you think?

I hate a lot of buttons and love automating stuff. If you can give me any advice i'd be grateful

I will try linking frostblink - hextouch - ele weeakness - frostbite
Dernière édition par cadosinio, le 16 avr. 2023 13:23:20
Looking for a better mid-game boot recommendation. Would you recommend using Embers and rolling “Drops Scorched Ground While Moving” while I farm Maven on SSF?

Does anyone have a sense of how these each relatively raise damage for the build?

# Skill gem levels
# Increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments
% Spell damage
% Cold Damage
% Cold Damage over Time Multiplier
% Damage over Time Multiplier
% Damage over Time

I’m not sure if there is a way to calculate this out with PoB but it’d be great to know say that each X% of cold DoT multiplier = Y% cold or spell damage when evaluating gear.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires