[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

I have no idea how you can manage to run through the maps with this build.. I'm already dying at T3, have permanent mana problems and I'm always stunned... I would be very grateful for any help.. also feel free to take a look at my gear. <3
"
Beysix a écrit :
I have no idea how you can manage to run through the maps with this build.. I'm already dying at T3, have permanent mana problems and I'm always stunned... I would be very grateful for any help.. also feel free to take a look at my gear. <3

my dear, blade vortex not the same as vortex. i gotta admit. for you to reach lvl 80 is a frigging miracle. your tenacity is amazing.

guide creator will give you a more detailed response in a bit.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 14 avr. 2023 12:08:08
"
Beysix a écrit :

First and foremost, the gem we are using for this build is "Vortex", not "Blade Vortex". Please see: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Vortex Hats off for reaching maps on the wrong gem though haha.

Need more information from you:
1. What is your life, armour, evasion and chaos resistances?
2. Which auras are you running?
3. Are you actually stunned or frozen?

Meanwhile,
a. Grab Sovereignty and Eldritch Battery asap. That will allow you to run granite flask in place of mana flask and run 4 auras (Grace, Determination, Malevolence and Defiance Banner). It will also allow you to use Divine Blessing (you do not run that until you have Eldritch Battery). If you are facing mana issues after casting Divine Blessing, use a Lv1 version of Divine Blessing.

b. You need a new weapon. The faster monsters die, the less chance they have to kill you. Find a weapon with +1 cold spell skill gems and some increased spell/cold damage.
Example search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/Jnkz4Jahl

c. Roll defensive modifiers on your flask. E.g. increased armour, increased evasion, reduced curse effect.

d. Is your Major Pantheon Soul of the Brine King?
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
I changed that with the vortex very quickly :D..

I have 3400 lives, resistances are well over 100, chaos +7.. dodge at 52% - dodge value 7339..

Auras I run: Malevolence, Charged Shield, and Grace.

I think I'll be stunned...

Pantheon is the brine king.
I am currently leveling this build. I have following spells:
- vortex
- creeping frost
- cold snap
- vaal cold snap
- frostbite

It's not really a smooth experience if I have to constantly press all those spells. Should I only map with some of them and use others exclusively on bosses?
Dernière édition par cadosinio, le 14 avr. 2023 13:47:22
"
Beysix a écrit :
I changed that with the vortex very quickly :D..

I have 3400 lives, resistances are well over 100, chaos +7.. dodge at 52% - dodge value 7339..

Auras I run: Malevolence, Charged Shield, and Grace.

I think I'll be stunned...

Pantheon is the brine king.

If you are stunned in T3 maps with 3.4k life, it is probably due to your low armour. Try switching Malevolence with Determination.

Once you have Eldritch Battery and Sovereignty, you can run the set-up that I have described in the previous post.

Btw if you have a few spare chaos, you can buy lvl 20 vortex for 1-2c. It will double your vortex damage. Also, resistances are capped at 75%. Having above 75% does not have any effect except guarding against elemental weakness.

By dodge value do you mean Evasion Rating? Armour is the first line in your Defence tab. Evasion (rating) is most probably the 3rd line on the defence tabs. Communicating Armour and Evasion Rating are more reliable indicators than Est Phy Dmg Reduction and Est Chance to Evade Attacks.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
cadosinio a écrit :
I am currently leveling this build. I have following spells:
- vortex
- creeping frost
- cold snap
- vaal cold snap
- frostbite

It's not really a smooth experience if I have to constantly press all those spells. Should I only map with some of them and use others exclusively on bosses?

Vortex - put on left click so that it will automatically cast every few steps.

Vaal Cold Snap (VCS) - use on cooldown while mapping. It should be sufficient damage to walk through and kill most things (in combination with the vortex that you are automatically placing down every few steps.)

So when VCS is on, which is around 40% of the time during mapping, you are just running through the map.

When VCS is on cooldown (soul gain prevention/gaining souls), you might use Creeping Frost to supplement the damage from Vortex. Since Vortex is automatically placed down, you are only casting one attack skill.

Frostbite/Elemental Weakness/Cold Snap are mainly only used on bosses or tanky rares.
How mandatory are the uniques for this build? Would this be a good build for SSF or will I have a difficult time?
Dernière édition par toney8, le 14 avr. 2023 19:48:08
"
Beysix a écrit :

Oh my god you made my day.

<3 you. So much.
Thanks for taking the time to update this build and explain so many things. Can you cover how you have your atlas tree setup? Any recommended Favorite Maps? I think you mentioned Toxic Sewers in the video.

This is only my second ever league so I league started the Maxroll/TriPolarBear version of this with EoM because I didn't know any better but you've convinced me to convert over to this once I can get a Diadem to drop (my friends talked me into a private league so I don't have access to trade).

If anyone has some tips for farming Catarina or a guide they could point me to I'd deeply appreciate it as well!
Dernière édition par Porterhaus, le 14 avr. 2023 21:04:59

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires