[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
"
theroran a écrit :
My cold dot elementalist sucks

Dmg is there but only 8k eHP

Any help?

Your skill tree and gem set-up is very different from the guide. It seems like you are following Zizaran's guide?

The three step solution is:
1. Respec your skill tree
2. Item replacements
3. Follow the gem link set-up in this guide

You will spend about 15c on the gear and maybe 10c on regret orbs depending on how many respec points you have atm.

1. Respec your skill tree
I have provided a leveling skill tree that shows what you should have at lvl 84, so you should respec towards that, especially the Eldritch Battery and reservation efficiency nodes so that you can run four auras without having mana issues.

2. Item replacements
You need more life, evasion, armour and chaos resistances on your gear.
I have provided customised trade searches below. You should be able to pick up each piece for 1-3 chaos orbs.

Helmet: You need more life, get some AR/EV.
Search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/BzRybwjS8

Rings: You need more life, get some chaos resistances.
Search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/8RVey9VIV

Belt: You need more life.
Search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/MdzWlDFJ

Gloves: You need more life. Probably the only acceptable piece of gear not to get AR/EV since you need 4 blue sockets.
Search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/bD7gg0RTL

Boots: You need more life, get some AR/EV.
Search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/DnRkDK5C5

Chest: You need more life, get some EV.
Search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/w3d80gBtb

Flasks: Craft increased armour, increased evasion and reduced curse effect on your flasks. Get an instant Divine Life Flask with corrupted blood immunity.

Your amulet, weapon and shield are fine.

3. Follow the gem link set-up in this guide
There is a section labelled "Gem Links" in the guide. If you follow the gem links, you will have good damage and defense.

Thank you so much for this!
anyone care to check my gear/char and see whats next for me? not sure form here other than leveling and getting the second curse
"
BVwins a écrit :
anyone care to check my gear/char and see whats next for me? not sure form here other than leveling and getting the second curse

i would respec your tree to allocate the 2nd curse first. that is a larger dps boost than you think, especially on bosses. you can drop some AOE/dmg nodes.

get awakened and max level gems for your chest. empower 4 is also significant. the larger dps boosts will come from your shield, amulet and ring.

mark of the shaper on left slot. go crazy with your amulet, finding +1/+2 amulets, with DOT multipliers. shield can also get spell/cold dmg and +1. your gloves and weapon are good, but end game gloves/weapons can squeeze more dps. but before gloves/weapons, ring amulet and shield can upgrade first.

for levels, just buy 5 way. fastest. i believe currency is not an issue for you. late game min-maxing may involve very point efficient cluster jewels/jewels/flask options. i have not experimented with those as i usually do not play that much, but i often look at top players in poe ninja to see how they build their characters. honestly, once you hit lvl 100 and are not afraid to die, eye of malice is a very big dps boost. playstyle might change due to different aura set-up. heck, you may even look for ignite builds at this stage if you are after dps.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 13 avr. 2023 01:22:01
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
BVwins a écrit :

i would respec your tree to allocate the 2nd curse first. that is a larger dps boost than you think, especially on bosses. you can drop some AOE/dmg nodes.

get awakened and max level gems for your chest. empower 4 is also significant. the larger dps boosts will come from your shield, amulet and ring.

mark of the shaper on left slot. go crazy with your amulet, finding +1/+2 amulets, with DOT multipliers. shield can also get spell/cold dmg and +1. your gloves and weapon are good, but end game gloves/weapons can squeeze more dps. but before gloves/weapons, ring amulet and shield can upgrade first.

for levels, just buy 5 way. fastest. i believe currency is not an issue for you. late game min-maxing may involve very point efficient cluster jewels/jewels/flask options. i have not experimented with those as i usually do not play that much, but i often look at top players in poe ninja to see how they build their characters. honestly, once you hit lvl 100 and are not afraid to die, eye of malice is a very big dps boost. playstyle might change due to different aura set-up. heck, you may even look for ignite builds at this stage if you are after dps.

i farmed atziri day 1. 300 sets lol phys belts and boots were my bread and butter. im broke as a joke now but was just curious as my next upgrade. i cant really change my shield and ring lol do you see the resists on them lol im barely at 75 as it is XD but yeah ill drop some aoe and grab those nodes for the curses. maybe i can squeeze some resists on my gloves and fix the shield but that left ring is a MONSTER resist ring so it cant be dropped sadly
"
BVwins a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
BVwins a écrit :

i farmed atziri day 1. 300 sets lol phys belts and boots were my bread and butter. im broke as a joke now but was just curious as my next upgrade. i cant really change my shield and ring lol do you see the resists on them lol im barely at 75 as it is XD but yeah ill drop some aoe and grab those nodes for the curses. maybe i can squeeze some resists on my gloves and fix the shield but that left ring is a MONSTER resist ring so it cant be dropped sadly

i mean, i was just giving you ideas on the crazy kind of gear possible. but yeah it will require you to re-balance everything again haha
How different is this builds playstyle from the ShakCentral one? Which is better for all-rounder whole league?
"
BVwins a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
BVwins a écrit :

Leaving aside super min-max stuff like double corrupting items or enchanting your belt, your next short-term and medium-term upgrades should be:

Short-term:
Gems:
1. Lvl 21 Creeping Frost
2. Empower level 4
3. Awakened gems for Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus and Swift affliction
4. Quality on flame dash
5. Lvl 21 Malevolence
5. Lvl 21 Determination and Lvl 21 Grace (If you decide to switch to Grace because Vaal Grace is gaining souls at the expense of Vaal Cold Snap. This is up to your personal preference.)
6. I think that molten shell is better than Steelskin but that is up to your personal preference

Items:
1. Amulet: % increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments > Cold damage craft
2. Reroll quicksilver flask. You do not need avoid shock on your quicksilver flask, as we are already shock immune.
3. Quality on flasks
4. 4th jewel. But allocating Whispers of Doom is more important.

Skill tree:
1. Allocate Whispers of Doom

Medium-term:
Gems:
1. Alternate quality vortex and creeping frost
2. Lvl 21 non-awakened support gems with 20% quality

Items:
1. Get wand quality >20% and harvest craft grants 1% damage per 2% quality
2. Replace the chest with a non-detrimental keystone
3. >20% quality flasks, especially the life flask
4. Get a lab runner to enchant your helmet
5. Boots enchantment
6. Catalyst on accessories
7. Get >20% quality on boots and gloves
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
cadosinio a écrit :
How different is this builds playstyle from the ShakCentral one? Which is better for all-rounder whole league?

This build is a Devouring Diadem (DD) CDoT build.

DD playstyle vs a proper EoM build:
1. Smoother mapping experience and higher quality of life
2. This build can run any map mod with Devouring Diadem. You will be reading map mods on an EoM build.
3. This build uses ES instead of mana to cast skills. This means that you do not need a mana flask and the occasions when you cannot use your spells because of a lack of mana are much lesser.
4. If we throw QoL out of the window and focus strictly on DPS, EoM CDoT's DPS is higher

Unfortunately, Shak's build isn't a proper EoM build.

DD playstyle vs Shak's EoM build:
1. This build gains cold exposure on hit from the gloves implicit. In Shak's build, you will be manually casting Frost Bomb at lvl 90, or banking on the 25% chance to inflict cold exposure on hit from EoM.
2. Because Shak does not run "Divine Blessing - Hatred" for damage boost, does not run culling strike, does not run tempest shield, he has a gem slot for Bane which allows you to cast both curses at once instead of separately.
3. This build has more damage than Shak's EoM build
4. Plus all the DD advantages in the previous section (1-3).

All-rounder whole league:
DD is more mapping slanted while a proper EoM build is more pinnacle boss slanted. Both are well-rounded.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 13 avr. 2023 14:54:01
Has anyone unlocked the cold snap/creeping frost crucible node that saps? I am working toward one now and wondering if it makes much of a difference.
"
brochata a écrit :
Has anyone unlocked the cold snap/creeping frost crucible node that saps? I am working toward one now and wondering if it makes much of a difference.

Sap is a defensive mechanic. https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Sap

It will reduce your damage taken vs tanky rares and bosses. Not a game changer but it has no downside.

The best nodes would be those that increase your damage.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires