[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
"
BVwins a écrit :
i feel SOOO squishy i fall over real quick lol all i lack is the belt, chest, watchers and forbidden.. other than that my gear is good but ill be in a t7 and just get 1 hit lol im lvl 90

What is your life, armour and evasion?

I am running T16s fine as of Day 2.

As you can see from my profile, my gear is pretty basic. Besides the devouring diadem helmet, the rest of my gear can be grabbed for less than 200c.

4.7k life 10k armor and 9k evasion
15k each with flasks up

Dernière édition par BVwins, le 9 avr. 2023 23:09:12
"
BVwins a écrit :
"
"
BVwins a écrit :
i feel SOOO squishy i fall over real quick lol all i lack is the belt, chest, watchers and forbidden.. other than that my gear is good but ill be in a t7 and just get 1 hit lol im lvl 90

What is your life, armour and evasion?

I am running T16s fine as of Day 2.

As you can see from my profile, my gear is pretty basic. Besides the devouring diadem helmet, the rest of my gear can be grabbed for less than 200c.

4.7k life 10k armor and 9k evasion
15k each with flasks up

Btw I took a quick look at your character. Some quick boosts to DPS:
1. Eater inflict cold exposure mod on your gloves (Trade search link: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/mjEJjewu6)
2. Allocate whispers of doom to allow double curses (mainly for map boss only)
3. Switch Cold Snap for Vaal Cold Snap.

Do you know what you are dying to in T7s? I wonder if it is a playstyle thing like what SonsOfKorhal said? I have a short recording of me doing T15/T16s on my basic gear below. Outside of delirium mirror, survivability is not an issue. https://youtu.be/0PLxuwBt_bQ (mapping starts at 8:23)

I am hoarding currency because I cannot play much over the next week. Below is how much my gear in the video costs. Aside from DD, everything is very cheap.

1. Devouring Diadem (3-4d)

2. 6L Chest (~60c)

3. Amulet (1c)
4. Both rings (Combined cost is less than 10c)
5. Wand (5c)
6. Shield (Less than 5c)
7. Belt (12c)
8. Boots (<1c) - I have since purchased a new pair of boots for ~5c
9. Virdian Jewel (10c or less)

Prior to Devouring Diadem and the 6L chest I was running T13s fine.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 10 avr. 2023 08:20:50
Hi, first of all just wanted to say I'm loving the build! It's definitely one of the smoothest league starters I've played. I was just wondering how and how often you use your dual curse. As far as I could see from the video you only have frostbite in your hotbar. When and how do you use elemental weakness? I was aslo wondering if it could be an option to get a ring with the 'curse enemies with frostbite on hit' implicit? Thanks
"
MagdalenePapillon a écrit :
Hi, first of all just wanted to say I'm loving the build! It's definitely one of the smoothest league starters I've played. I was just wondering how and how often you use your dual curse. As far as I could see from the video you only have frostbite in your hotbar. When and how do you use elemental weakness? I was aslo wondering if it could be an option to get a ring with the 'curse enemies with frostbite on hit' implicit? Thanks

for me, I run arcanist brand to link to the 2 curses. the guide creator self-casts them, it may be on the "alt" hotbar that you dont see.

ring with curse implicit will be a nice QOL. but this depends on how much dps you want - like the guide creator self-curses as it will be the max dps, compared to other forms of automation.
[/quote]

1. Eater inflict cold exposure mod on your gloves (Trade search link: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/mjEJjewu6)

Do you know what you are dying to in T7s? I wonder if it is a playstyle thing like what SonsOfKorhal said? I have a short recording of me doing T15/T16s on my basic gear below. Outside of delirium mirror, survivability is not an issue. https://youtu.be/0PLxuwBt_bQ (mapping starts at 8:23)

I am hoarding currency because I cannot play much over the next week. Below is how much my gear in the video costs. Aside from DD, everything is very cheap.

2. 6L Chest (~60c)

3. Amulet (1c)
5. Wand (5c)
6. Shield (Less than 5c)
7. Belt (12c)

[/quote]

thanks ive upgraded everything only thing im missing from the core build is the skin of lords few more divs and ill have it..

but any kind of degen deletes me lol

my dmg is solid but im so squishy aany kind of prolonged fight and im screwed
Spoiler

2. 6L Chest (~60c)

3. Amulet (1c)
5. Wand (5c)
6. Shield (Less than 5c)
7. Belt (12c)

[/quote]

thanks ive upgraded everything only thing im missing from the core build is the skin of lords few more divs and ill have it..

my dmg is solid but im so squishy aany kind of prolonged fight and im screwed [/quote]

your gear is insane. i am more inclined to believe it's the play style which you may be unfamiliar. if there are corpses around you, regen/recovery/sustain should not be a problem. if it's an instanced boss fight without corpses, then i guess it's a "dont stand in shit" kind of situation. remember, CDOT is different from RF (for example), in the sense that you do not need to be near the boss to have uptime on your DOTs. you should be casting vortex when you are near the boss or when the boss is telegraphed to be in a certain position, casting CF onto the boss whenever he moves, casting curses as it falls off. and in between all of that, your move skills are to dodge all mechanics of the fight.

your major defenses are AR/EV, shock immune, chill immune, freeze immune, low chance to get stun locked (potential stun immune from EV mastery), reduced ignite durations, unaffected by burning ground etc, good block chance, good spell block chance. all major sources of large damage in short period of time and degens are minimized, not to mention other sources of recovery.

I only just got devouring diadem, and before that, all my gear was between 3-5c each. I am STILL using a 5L. and I had no problems with alc and go T11-12s.
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
Spoiler

2. 6L Chest (~60c)

3. Amulet (1c)
5. Wand (5c)
6. Shield (Less than 5c)
7. Belt (12c)

Spoiler

my dmg is solid but im so squishy aany kind of prolonged fight and im screwed [/quote]

your gear is insane. i am more inclined to believe it's the play style which you may be unfamiliar. if there are corpses around you, regen/recovery/sustain should not be a problem. if it's an instanced boss fight without corpses, then i guess it's a "dont stand in shit" kind of situation. remember, CDOT is different from RF (for example), in the sense that you do not need to be near the boss to have uptime on your DOTs. you should be casting vortex when you are near the boss or when the boss is telegraphed to be in a certain position, casting CF onto the boss whenever he moves, casting curses as it falls off. and in between all of that, your move skills are to dodge all mechanics of the fight.

your major defenses are AR/EV, shock immune, chill immune, freeze immune, low chance to get stun locked (potential stun immune from EV mastery), reduced ignite durations, unaffected by burning ground etc, good block chance, good spell block chance. all major sources of large damage in short period of time and degens are minimized, not to mention other sources of recovery.

I only just got devouring diadem, and before that, all my gear was between 3-5c each. I am STILL using a 5L. and I had no problems with alc and go T11-12s.[/quote]
yeah im gonna go with the unfamiliar playstyle of this version of the build... last CDOT i played was occultist with shield with max block 90 all res 40k armor and life gained on block on shield so this is wayy squishier that what im used to lol
"
yeah im gonna go with the unfamiliar playstyle of this version of the build... last CDOT i played was occultist with shield with max block 90 all res 40k armor and life gained on block on shield so this is wayy squishier that what im used to lol

agree. i've been playing this build for 4 years now, for different leagues, there have been multiple ways of building the CDOT for different content. so it definitely will feel squishier than what you are used to (relatively), but i wouldnt categorise it as squishy (objectively). but if you're running like T16s fully juiced max atlas and fully charged crucible then i'd be like yeah this build gonna get demolished haha. dying in T7s is still a red flag for me so i think you gotta see how you are dying or what content you are dying to. currently i'm about 11k AR and 30k EV. didn't spec block or anything else other than what i have on my char, and even with a 5L, not a problem for the average alc-and-go red maps.
How good is this build for endgame bosses like in Delve, Sirius, Maven etc? I think this build is interesting to use as a league starter. Thanks!
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"

agree. i've been playing this build for 4 years now, for different leagues, there have been multiple ways of building the CDOT for different content. so it definitely will feel squishier than what you are used to (relatively), but i wouldnt categorise it as squishy (objectively). but if you're running like T16s fully juiced max atlas and fully charged crucible then i'd be like yeah this build gonna get demolished haha. dying in T7s is still a red flag for me so i think you gotta see how you are dying or what content you are dying to. currently i'm about 11k AR and 30k EV. didn't spec block or anything else other than what i have on my char, and even with a 5L, not a problem for the average alc-and-go red maps.

im doing fine now that ive tweaked my playstyle lol

ive cleared everything but maven and all her big invvitations but im sure i can do most of those once i get my chest and empower that will be a huge dmg boost

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires