[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Blizzazz a écrit :
You should take the 15% life node mastery if your body armor has no life mods instead of the 50 life node mastery if your using skin of the lords as its MUCH more life.

this is not always true, SOTL may have a life modifier (in the keystone), despite not giving life. 15% may not work.

however, if your keystone does not have a life modifier, definitely get BOTH the +50 max life, and the +15% increased life. you should have allocated enough passive wheels to get the 2 HP masteries.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 4 mai 2023 01:24:16
"
Yan_n a écrit :
Hey everyone!

How well does this build perform at challenges? Anything that might make it struggle going for 38/40 or can we do everything comfortably? (really want that mtx but don't know if I'll stick to the league). I'm assuming everything will be fine as CDoT tends to be a great all-rounder, but just making sure before I commit.

Thanks in advance!

not a problem, many ways to build to adapt for specific content you wish to run
"
ValorForLife a écrit :
I've got around 18-20d (slightly more if I liquidate more) and I'm wondering what to do about upgrading my chest... how much better is a skin of the lords vs. the cheaper +4 options (the ones discussed in the video)?

I also have to upgrade my weapon, get 2 more awakened gems, and I think get 20 quality on a few other gems .. but I'd been holding off until after I get the chest since I'm clearing T16s fast with no issue.

I've also been doing mostly Jungle Valley + Thicket... I'm still at 2 voidstones though, should I make it a priority to get 1-2 more and switch to better maps? I'm pretty new at endgame stuff.

Any advice appreciated!

My personal feeling about priorities:
- 1-2 voidstone completions (uber elder is afaik like 80c, maven like 60c)
- chest with +1 all gems
- lvl 4 empower
- new wand with +1 cold gems and dot multiplier

For the wand, I crafted mine myself. That may be a way to go for you:

- buy a fractured wand with +1 cold (or all) spell gems (preferable with % spell damage implicit)
- spam Defeaning Essence of Woe on it until you get the global dot multiplier (i would reccomend to aim for t2 roll)
- anull if needed for free suffix (if it breaks return to step 2)
- craft cold dot multiplier

as long as the anull doesn't break your wand, you'll end up with like 1-1.5 div investment.

/edit: the wand enchantment as well as q30 are pure luxury, since this may(!) help you to jump over the next aoe threshold.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Dernière édition par Judaspriester, le 4 mai 2023 04:30:27
Hi, great guide! i just need some help how you are able to turn on 3 auras(malevolence) i only managed to turn on 2(determination and grace) i took both Sovereignty and Eldritch Battery just like you suggested in previous posts. the helmet you mentioned DD out of my currency range yet.
"
ValorForLife a écrit :
I've got around 18-20d (slightly more if I liquidate more) and I'm wondering what to do about upgrading my chest... how much better is a skin of the lords vs. the cheaper +4 options (the ones discussed in the video)?

I also have to upgrade my weapon, get 2 more awakened gems, and I think get 20 quality on a few other gems .. but I'd been holding off until after I get the chest since I'm clearing T16s fast with no issue.

I've also been doing mostly Jungle Valley + Thicket... I'm still at 2 voidstones though, should I make it a priority to get 1-2 more and switch to better maps? I'm pretty new at endgame stuff.

Any advice appreciated!

SOTL has better defense than the other +4 options. You can try equipping a SOTL in your POB and check the difference in EHP and max hit.

Definitely get the 2 other voidstones, even if you wish to remain on Jungle Valley + Thicket. You will get more T14-T16s maps which you can sell in bulk. The carry price is quite low now as we are 4 weeks into the league.

Personally, I am running Toxic Sewers with City Square favorited. I sell City Square in bulk at 1/45 Div and purchase Toxic Sewers maps. I am running Toxic Sewers because of the layout, not because it has a good divination card drop.

Another good layout for Cold DoT is Lair + Grotto.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
Carbonspear a écrit :
Hi, great guide! i just need some help how you are able to turn on 3 auras(malevolence) i only managed to turn on 2(determination and grace) i took both Sovereignty and Eldritch Battery just like you suggested in previous posts. the helmet you mentioned DD out of my currency range yet.

I would have to check in PoB to be sure but the missing DD is most likely the problem. It offers another 25% reservation efficiency, which makes a huge difference, especially for the 50% auras.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Yan_n a écrit :
Hey everyone!

How well does this build perform at challenges? Anything that might make it struggle going for 38/40 or can we do everything comfortably? (really want that mtx but don't know if I'll stick to the league). I'm assuming everything will be fine as CDoT tends to be a great all-rounder, but just making sure before I commit.

Thanks in advance!

It can perform all challenges. In the previous leagues there were some "challenging" bossing challenges but this league's bossing challenges are quite mild. Not that this build cannot do all bosses, but it will boil down to skill as you will not be able to facetank bosses.

In the worst case you can purchase a carry.

Do check out this challenge guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/145dkvlCjmivtFZlGmLWB_J029J_1U5R9ji-q5S5AUrM/preview
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Blizzazz a écrit :
You should take the 15% life node mastery if your body armor has no life mods instead of the 50 life node mastery if your using skin of the lords as its MUCH more life.

this is not always true, SOTL may have a life modifier (in the keystone), despite not giving life. 15% may not work.

however, if your keystone does not have a life modifier, definitely get BOTH the +50 max life, and the +15% increased life. you should have allocated enough passive wheels to get the 2 HP masteries.

Thanks both for your contributions. I will update the standard POB with 15% life and a note: "If your Skin of the Lords' Keystone is a life modifier, change the life mastery from "15% increased maximum Life if there are no Life Modifiers on Equipped Body Armour" to "+50 life"."
"
Carbonspear a écrit :

Your weapon has the line "20% reduced reservation efficiency of skills".
"
"
Carbonspear a écrit :

Your weapon has the line "20% reduced reservation efficiency of skills".

I took off it and i was able to turn all 3 auras on, thanks! Everything works smoothly, again great guide and help, thanks!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires