[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
DopeOnWax a écrit :
This is such a nice build man. What would you do first, 5-way carry? Or go for the Skin of the Lords? I'm thinking more levels.

After taking a short look, I would recommend to get a new weapon with +1 cold gems first.
The boots also are kinda cheap right now, so unless you want to get some with a good corrupt mod, you end up with like 20-30c, which will noticeable increase your clear speed.

as side note: your shield is enchanted with +% es. since it's a ev/es base, why don't you change this for + % ev/es?

btw, in stead of doing 5ways, buying some chayula breachstones and run some rotas with them might be an alternative. it takes a little longer and you can't go afk during runs, but you should end up with some more exp for the same price.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Judaspriester a écrit :
"
DopeOnWax a écrit :
This is such a nice build man. What would you do first, 5-way carry? Or go for the Skin of the Lords? I'm thinking more levels.

After taking a short look, I would recommend to get a new weapon with +1 cold gems first.
The boots also are kinda cheap right now, so unless you want to get some with a good corrupt mod, you end up with like 20-30c, which will noticeable increase your clear speed.

as side note: your shield is enchanted with +% es. since it's a ev/es base, why don't you change this for + % ev/es?

btw, in stead of doing 5ways, buying some chayula breachstones and run some rotas with them might be an alternative. it takes a little longer and you can't go afk during runs, but you should end up with some more exp for the same price.

agree regarding boots. that will tremendously improve your clear speed.
Thank you @SonsOfKorhal,@PaPerWaRs.MVP,@Judaspriester.

Took all your advice. Upgraded to LoF boots, changed my wand, got a solid stygian belt, changed benchcraft on shield and armour to + % ev/es and got a gem with 3% mana res effi. I can now run all 5 auras. Nice :)

For 4 div total spend the damage boost is insane. Defence wise as well, I really notice a difference. Well, nothing gets close enough to kill me so I guess that's a pretty solid defence lol. Saying that, I've taken some big hits and survived. T16s have suddenly become way less scary. Build just melts the maps.

Thanks for the tips guys. I can push on for the next set of goals!!

Edit: Forgot to ask, is ok to have Adds # to # Fire Damage or any kind of fire damge roll on gear? Is this detrimental to us?
Dernière édition par DopeOnWax, le 3 mai 2023 11:51:53
"
DopeOnWax a écrit :

Took all your advice. Upgraded to LoF boots, changed my wand, got a solid stygian belt, changed benchcraft on shield and armour to + % ev/es and got a gem with 3% mana res effi. I can now run all 5 auras. Nice :)

For 4 div total spend the damage boost is insane. Defence wise as well, I really notice a difference. Well, nothing gets close enough to kill me so I guess that's a pretty solid defence lol. Saying that, I've taken some big hits and survived. T16s have suddenly become way less scary. Build just melts the maps.

Edit: Forgot to ask, is ok to have Adds # to # Fire Damage or any kind of fire damge roll on gear? Is this detrimental to us?

Sounds great!

For the Edit: afaik those added damage stuff only counts for hits. Since the build relies mostly on DoT, those stuff wouldn't make much of a difference.

Speaking about your body, it still got a exarch(?) mod with +% armor. If you got some currency left, you could reroll that in something more useful.

For the next goals, maybe try to get some new gloves.

I made them by buing a fitting fractured item and then spammed essences of Delirium on it until I got some with decent suffixes and a free prefix for the +1 craft.
just be aware that 2 high resistances are somewhat unlikely and therefore expensive.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Judaspriester a écrit :
"
DopeOnWax a écrit :

Sounds great!

For the Edit: afaik those added damage stuff only counts for hits. Since the build relies mostly on DoT, those stuff wouldn't make much of a difference.

Speaking about your body, it still got a exarch(?) mod with +% armor. If you got some currency left, you could reroll that in something more useful.

I made them by buing a fitting fractured item and then spammed essences of Delirium on it until I got some with decent suffixes and a free prefix for the +1 craft.
just be aware that 2 high resistances are somewhat unlikely and therefore expensive.

Yeah man its an exarch mod. Just farming enough to change them up. Getting some really unlucky rolls lol.

I've also changed up to awakened focus and destruction. Another big leap in damage for cheap.

Absolutly agree about the gloves next and thanks for sharing how to craft them on the cheap.
I've got around 18-20d (slightly more if I liquidate more) and I'm wondering what to do about upgrading my chest... how much better is a skin of the lords vs. the cheaper +4 options (the ones discussed in the video)?

I also have to upgrade my weapon, get 2 more awakened gems, and I think get 20 quality on a few other gems .. but I'd been holding off until after I get the chest since I'm clearing T16s fast with no issue.

I've also been doing mostly Jungle Valley + Thicket... I'm still at 2 voidstones though, should I make it a priority to get 1-2 more and switch to better maps? I'm pretty new at endgame stuff.

Any advice appreciated!
"
DopeOnWax a écrit :
"
Judaspriester a écrit :
"
DopeOnWax a écrit :

Sounds great!

Yeah man its an exarch mod. Just farming enough to change them up. Getting some really unlucky rolls lol.

I've also changed up to awakened focus and destruction. Another big leap in damage for cheap.

Absolutly agree about the gloves next and thanks for sharing how to craft them on the cheap.

awakened ele focus is a large dps boost because it increases your vortex/creeping frost by 1 level, which is around 13.5% dps boost, since you are still beneath the lvl 30 diminishing returns stage.

i would recommend working towards empower 4, and a chest that has + to gem levels as that would directly impact vortex and creeping frosts' damage. the gloves are more "local", in the sense they only affect vaal cold snap/cold snap.

if you want global additions to gem levels, that means changing your amulet and shield. the cowards legacy belt + watcher's eye jewel will also be a direct 30% more DoT dps, and will be the largest dps boost an item slot can produce.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 3 mai 2023 20:57:30
"
ValorForLife a écrit :
I've got around 18-20d (slightly more if I liquidate more) and I'm wondering what to do about upgrading my chest... how much better is a skin of the lords vs. the cheaper +4 options (the ones discussed in the video)?

I also have to upgrade my weapon, get 2 more awakened gems, and I think get 20 quality on a few other gems .. but I'd been holding off until after I get the chest since I'm clearing T16s fast with no issue.

I've also been doing mostly Jungle Valley + Thicket... I'm still at 2 voidstones though, should I make it a priority to get 1-2 more and switch to better maps? I'm pretty new at endgame stuff.

Any advice appreciated!

read this post:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183/page/24#p24983874

basically in the post and the post within the post, i just shared some non-SOTL options. guide creator prefers SOTL due to the global defenses provided, increasing EHP by about 25%+. i personally chose to go for more dps (for fun).

SOTL will set you back 15-18d. the advantage of the cheaper +3/+4 options is that you have left over currency to simultaneously upgrade the rest of your item slots/gems.

a previous poster was annoyed that he kept dying and was stuck at lvl 95. i told him to keep the levelling and mapping experience separate. if you do not like dying (even though you may not be planning to level up), then SOTL is the correct way to go. DPS is sufficient, and it does not feel any slower. it will feel smoother as you map as you are able to tank packs of monsters.

if you want to further sacrifice DPS for survivability, the ultimate would be to get a mageblood.

regarding end game, you'll have to see what content/goal interests you. could be challenges, mapping, farming currency, getting a mageblood, dps, bossing, different various league mechanics, crafting etc. strategies and build priority will differ accordingly.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 3 mai 2023 21:00:13
You should take the 15% life node mastery if your body armor has no life mods instead of the 50 life node mastery if your using skin of the lords as its MUCH more life.
Hey everyone!

How well does this build perform at challenges? Anything that might make it struggle going for 38/40 or can we do everything comfortably? (really want that mtx but don't know if I'll stick to the league). I'm assuming everything will be fine as CDoT tends to be a great all-rounder, but just making sure before I commit.

Thanks in advance!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires