[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Reflow718 a écrit :
You reply quick, I edited the previous post hopefully if you got time to double check.

just unspec your path going to magebane. remove all those. then spec towards inveterate, (as if going toward perfect agony). along the way, taking revenge of the hunted. that should be 11 SP.
Hey,

I just made this amu and thinking about what to do with it now:

My first thought would be multimod for life + x and afterwards throwing an ex on it for the last mod, but I'm not sure about it.

/edit:
idea 2 for crafting:
- prefix can't change
- veiled chaos orb (pray for fitting mod, otherwise start at step 1)
- multimod
- craft life + x
would cost 4 div in best case. Not sure the amulet would be worth that.

/edit2: it may be a mistake, but I sold the amu for 4div and called it a day
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Dernière édition par Judaspriester, le 19 avr. 2023 16:06:51
Sorry for the noob question, but I've been looking at this and Ziz's cold dot elementalist, and I was wondering why his gem setup uses Cruelty in the 5L and then inspiration for the 6L, and never uses swift affliction or elemental focus?

Is it due to differences in the builds, or something else? The builds seem very similar in a lot of respects and I was trying to understand them better to know which one to choose. Thanks!
So I found an apothecary card and now I have some loot. I've been looking to upgrade the chest and grab an empower awakened focus as it looks like in the POB it would double my damage.

It's kinda slim pickings in the skin of lords for 1G1R4B and was wondering if I can just pick up a keystone that doesn't affect the build? I see a lot of ghost reavers for around 14ish Div but I don't know if they affect the build or why they are so cheap?
"
ValorForLife a écrit :
Sorry for the noob question, but I've been looking at this and Ziz's cold dot elementalist, and I was wondering why his gem setup uses Cruelty in the 5L and then inspiration for the 6L, and never uses swift affliction or elemental focus?

Is it due to differences in the builds, or something else? The builds seem very similar in a lot of respects and I was trying to understand them better to know which one to choose. Thanks!

The biggest diff between both builds is that this uses Eldritch Battery for mana while Ziz uses mana as per normal. This difference leads to many other consequences, such as the auras that you can use and flasks.

I suspect Ziz uses Inspiration because of mana issues (which is largely resolved by EB).

Cruelty might be better than hypothermia for mapping, but you may not get the full effect on bosses/tanky rares (which is when you need the dps the most). If you are using cruelty, you should add the mastery which increases cruelty's effect. Overall, if you wish to use cruelty, you will do fine.

The end game support links will be Emp 3/4/5, Awak Ele Focus, Awak Controlled Des, Awak Swift Affliction.

Lvl 5 Awak Ele Focus adds +1 gem levels to vortex and CF so it is undisputably better than Cruelty/Inspiration.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 20 avr. 2023 00:07:15
"
Kronodude a écrit :
So I found an apothecary card and now I have some loot. I've been looking to upgrade the chest and grab an empower awakened focus as it looks like in the POB it would double my damage.

It's kinda slim pickings in the skin of lords for 1G1R4B and was wondering if I can just pick up a keystone that doesn't affect the build? I see a lot of ghost reavers for around 14ish Div but I don't know if they affect the build or why they are so cheap?

Congrats on your apothecary card!

I have observed that the market is most active during European evening hours. There will be more chests available for sale during that window.

Yes, you can pick a keystone that doesn't affect the build. Having a beneficial keystone is the icing on the cake and can be very expensive for the benefits that it provides. Ghost reaver is detrimental for us as we will not be able to recharge ES.
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
Kronodude a écrit :

first of all big congrats to your apothecary card!

In stead of a Skin of the Lords I bought a corrupted Carcass Jack yesterday, with +1 to all gems. Since I already got +1 to cold gems on Wand, Shield and Amulet, I managed to boost creeping frost to 30 that way (vortex is still at 29, since I'm lvling more anomalous versions for corruption right now).

I paid 4.5 div iirc for a decent roll:

According to PoB -28% ehp (compared to my previous chest) but +40% total DPS.

You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
I'm really enjoying this build. Leveling has been great. Pretty chill. Scales nice off gems alone. Maybe I missed something in the guide but is there a reason we don't use curse on hit rings? Are there any differences between auto and self cast?
Dernière édition par DopeOnWax, le 20 avr. 2023 17:46:43
Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll start off looking for the carcass jack then I can spend the rest on gem upgrades etc. I can always upgrade later.
"
DopeOnWax a écrit :
I'm really enjoying this build. Leveling has been great. Pretty chill. Scales nice off gems alone. Maybe I missed something in the guide but is there a reason we don't use curse on hit rings? Are there any differences between auto and self cast?

Glad that you are enjoying the build! :)

You can use curse on hit rings but something else will have to give.

A simple ring with at least 75 life 100% resistances currently costs around 5 chaos on trade.

If you wish to add a curse on hit stat on the ring, the cost will balloon to 8 divines and beyond (in fact, there are currently only 4 of such rings listed on trade even if you include the players who are offline).

If you wish to get better stats, such a ring may not even be available for sale on the entire server! Either that or the price will be exorbitant.

As the doom mechanic has been removed, auto and self-cast is the same.

Btw we typically only use curses on tanky rares and bosses, so self-casting will not slow down our mapping.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires