[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
BVwins a écrit :
is the original tree for the guide not right anymore?

my dmg is good and i melt even pinnacle bosses but if something looks at me i fall over fast lol. am i missing something major?

14k armour 70% phys reduction - 22k 80% with flask up
20k evasion 70% dodge - 30k - 78% with flask up
4.6k hp

75 all res with 65 chaos res

25% block chance for attacks
26% block chance for spells

i feel like its all there but i die 2 times in a delirium map(delirium from atlas not orbs) constantly to 1 shots or if i step on any degen other than burning ground i fall over.

i like how you even have desecrate in your weapon. i was discussing with the guide creator on whether it was viable or something to consider for sustain in bosses. funny thing is i melt every boss so i wont be using it.

can you share your pob? i might be able to see more clearly.

this is mine, (you can compare in the calcs page, under the "damage taken" tab, everything that is there).
https://pastebin.com/rYg0EM40

we are now entering min-maxing territory. for myself, i have unallocated blast radius, amplify, entropy and arcane sanctum, for acrimony and another jewel slot. i have also opted to remove quartz flask (because i kill shit so fast i dont even need to phase through them) and gone for basalt flask for more armour, and taken a 2-3% mana reservation efficiency jewel to run defiance banner. even with all these, due to my chest NOT being the skin of the lords, my armour (22k) and ev (24k) are all worse than yours, with chaos res at near 0. (i have a bit more spell block due to my shield).

i must qualify, this build is not meant to be a face tanker. my effective hit pool is only 65k, (from previous leagues, with skin of the lords it would be upwards of 85k), i'm sure yours is at least that much and probably even more. half my deaths are due to me picking loot up, and dying to some after death effects (like degen ground/magma/poison explosions etc). this build, like the vortex ignite builds with even MORE dps, work on the principle of killing faster than being killed.

which means, your largest enemy will be the environment. all the defensive stats you have listed are important when mapping and dealing with mobs, but will do nothing if i dont realise i'm picking up loot from a poison soaked ground. i will die (and have died many times). but i'm ok with that, that's just me standing in shit. so it really depends on your playstyle or build you are looking for, you might just love those with crazy regen that can facetank a shaper beam.

our recovery is not the greatest, coming from diadem largely - which can be unreliable. we dont have good ways to get health regen.

for your character:
if you have steelskin which gives immunity to bleeding, and protection mastery for corrupted blood, you can reroll your life flask. i'm not sure if you may have better success with the other guard skills, like immortal call or molten shell.
yeah i need to take desecrate out.. i melt bosses now so its not a long fight. im not sure how and what to configure on my PoB but heres the link for you to look at https://pastebin.com/ahRVV4By . im fine with the playstyle but i literally die 2 or more times a map, you mentioned standing in degen to loot lol... i wish i could do that but if ANY degen touches me i die instantly like spamming my hp flask to try to live and still die its like i have no resistances and have activated RF my hp disappears that quick lol

ive thought about maybe since i have cure on hit on my ring trying to maybe get some cure on hit gloves for ele weakness and getting the exposure node from the weapon crucible and slapping in a lvl 4 enlighten with a vitality to try to help combat the degens
Dernière édition par BVwins, le 18 avr. 2023 18:09:40
hi, firstly thank you for the guide, i was following tripolar bear s guide but i ve stumbeled upon this one which looks like it s way more end game geared, has way more dps and way tankier so imma just stick to this.
One quick question, what do you farm with your current character? I ve been farming expe/harvest but i feel like there would be better stuff to farm ( more profitable) since i geared my char quite well ( just got the lord chest) got the awakened gems, and if you could share a tree would be awesome, or some guidance about what could i farm, ty again!
"
Viperxdragossal a écrit :
hi, firstly thank you for the guide, i was following tripolar bear s guide but i ve stumbeled upon this one which looks like it s way more end game geared, has way more dps and way tankier so imma just stick to this.
One quick question, what do you farm with your current character? I ve been farming expe/harvest but i feel like there would be better stuff to farm ( more profitable) since i geared my char quite well ( just got the lord chest) got the awakened gems, and if you could share a tree would be awesome, or some guidance about what could i farm, ty again!

if you look back on the last page he shared his tree :) its delirium farming
"
BVwins a écrit :
"
Viperxdragossal a écrit :

if you look back on the last page he shared his tree :) its delirium farming

yes, i've mainly been doing essences and delirium. i mean every league i do the same, i am not doing it because it's the most efficient (like how grimro will be churning currency), but because i'm familiar with it and i like the mechanics. i just bulk trade the drops off tft.
"
BVwins a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
BVwins a écrit :
is the original tree for the guide not right anymore?

my dmg is good and i melt even pinnacle bosses but if something looks at me i fall over fast lol. am i missing something major?

14k armour 70% phys reduction - 22k 80% with flask up
20k evasion 70% dodge - 30k - 78% with flask up
4.6k hp

75 all res with 65 chaos res

25% block chance for attacks
26% block chance for spells

i feel like its all there but i die 2 times in a delirium map(delirium from atlas not orbs) constantly to 1 shots or if i step on any degen other than burning ground i fall over.

i like how you even have desecrate in your weapon. i was discussing with the guide creator on whether it was viable or something to consider for sustain in bosses. funny thing is i melt every boss so i wont be using it.

can you share your pob? i might be able to see more clearly.

this is mine, (you can compare in the calcs page, under the "damage taken" tab, everything that is there).
https://pastebin.com/rYg0EM40

we are now entering min-maxing territory. for myself, i have unallocated blast radius, amplify, entropy and arcane sanctum, for acrimony and another jewel slot. i have also opted to remove quartz flask (because i kill shit so fast i dont even need to phase through them) and gone for basalt flask for more armour, and taken a 2-3% mana reservation efficiency jewel to run defiance banner. even with all these, due to my chest NOT being the skin of the lords, my armour (22k) and ev (24k) are all worse than yours, with chaos res at near 0. (i have a bit more spell block due to my shield).

i must qualify, this build is not meant to be a face tanker. my effective hit pool is only 65k, (from previous leagues, with skin of the lords it would be upwards of 85k), i'm sure yours is at least that much and probably even more. half my deaths are due to me picking loot up, and dying to some after death effects (like degen ground/magma/poison explosions etc). this build, like the vortex ignite builds with even MORE dps, work on the principle of killing faster than being killed.

which means, your largest enemy will be the environment. all the defensive stats you have listed are important when mapping and dealing with mobs, but will do nothing if i dont realise i'm picking up loot from a poison soaked ground. i will die (and have died many times). but i'm ok with that, that's just me standing in shit. so it really depends on your playstyle or build you are looking for, you might just love those with crazy regen that can facetank a shaper beam.

our recovery is not the greatest, coming from diadem largely - which can be unreliable. we dont have good ways to get health regen.

for your character:
if you have steelskin which gives immunity to bleeding, and protection mastery for corrupted blood, you can reroll your life flask. i'm not sure if you may have better success with the other guard skills, like immortal call or molten shell.
yeah i need to take desecrate out.. i melt bosses now so its not a long fight. im not sure how and what to configure on my PoB but heres the link for you to look at https://pastebin.com/ahRVV4By . im fine with the playstyle but i literally die 2 or more times a map, you mentioned standing in degen to loot lol... i wish i could do that but if ANY degen touches me i die instantly like spamming my hp flask to try to live and still die its like i have no resistances and have activated RF my hp disappears that quick lol

ive thought about maybe since i have cure on hit on my ring trying to maybe get some cure on hit gloves for ele weakness and getting the exposure node from the weapon crucible and slapping in a lvl 4 enlighten with a vitality to try to help combat the degens

played around with your POB, apart from some point inefficient SPs (not the guide creator's fault - it was something i just experimented along the way, having much experience with the build), the biggest problem is... your whispers of doom is not allocated. hex master keystone due to your skin of the lords is already detrimental, but not having a second curse is a HUGE dps loss. your creeping frost is only half my dps (4.2m vs 9.2m), and that's a red flag given that you are also having a lvl 30 creeping frost.

personally, i dont see any other problems with your build defensively, maybe the shield can roll AR/EV, or the gloves AR/EV. but that is not a significant defensive boost. like i mentioned in the prev reply to you, run defiance banner with a 2-3% mana reservation efficiency jewel. and try respeccing the point inefficient nodes.

just throwing ideas out there, but i'm not sure if it could be that you took some eldritch altars that deal chaos dmg on flask use? or something similar? i've had my fair share of deaths due to altar downsides. what kind of maps/content are you running? it could be that as we mentioned earlier, if you are rolling 100+% IIQ maps it might mean the content is too difficult.

if you try to "fix" your dps first (although it's good, it should be at least double your current), maybe we can isolate the problem. it seems worrying that the environment is the issue.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 19 avr. 2023 00:36:09
"
Hemppu a écrit :
Hey man thanks for doing this, I'm new to the game I've just hit lvl 90 with the build and I enjoy the playstyle more than TR Ballista. The biggest issue I'm having right now is that, it sucks to have the map open and see where I'm going since the edges of the map are white and due to the VCS and Vortex effects I can sometimes barely see the map.

Are there any settings/plugins I can tweak to fix this issue I'm having? How do you guys set up your map? It's really annoying to have to strain my eyes to see anything.

sorry cant really help you much for this. consider making the overlay as opaque as possible. zoom out as much as possible? include the landscaping details so it might be easier to see (as opposed to just the outline). consider investing 10USD+~ for a cold snap MTX that helps with your visibility. you will have to play around with the settings regarding lighting, occlusion, bloom, brightness etc and see what works.

i can tell you that when i play, i'm purely looking at the map overlay, and not concentrating on the character model and the mobs and the map itself. (think of it as me playing by looking at the 'x' on the map overlay and controlling that while shield charging/frostblinking around).
I plan on to transition to DD helm, is there some things I should change on my skill tree when I do?
thanks! yeah i mean to be fair it could be the altar mods lol i dont check them at all im doing t16s 8 mods 100+ quant and always select the minion modifier unless its not available then i select the boss option.. i mean i have no issue clearing the maps and it takes less than a second to kill even the most juiced map boss. could just be things you have pointed out like altar mods but makes leveling a pain lol cuz of how much im dying
"
BVwins a écrit :
thanks! yeah i mean to be fair it could be the altar mods lol i dont check them at all im doing t16s 8 mods 100+ quant and always select the minion modifier unless its not available then i select the boss option.. i mean i have no issue clearing the maps and it takes less than a second to kill even the most juiced map boss. could just be things you have pointed out like altar mods but makes leveling a pain lol cuz of how much im dying

bro just buy 5 way carry to level to 100 haha (even 97 or 98 is VERY easy). keep currency farming and exp farming separate. you will have a very miserable time trying to enjoy the build when you keep dying and losing exp. i understand that very very well.
"
buttheadz a écrit :
Great guide, thanks for your work!

Few questions I'd like to ask; some elementary ones I'm afraid.

1. Aside from Pain Attunement, what's the recommended keystone we could take?
I see divine shield and ghost dance popping in the trade, would they work with the ES on mana side?

2. Do sceptres work as well? Why pick wands over them?

Thank you very much again for your contribution.
Many thanks in advance.

Other beneficial keystones:
1. Lethe Shade
2. Iron Will
3. Ghost Dance

Divine Shield is fine.

Yes, sceptres work as well. Sceptres give you the option of running leap slam if you wish to.

I will update the guide.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Dernière édition par LkGGz, le 19 avr. 2023 23:58:27

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires