[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

Hi friends,

As Skin of the Lords is notably more expensive in Crucible, I have released a video on +4 chest alternatives. The video also briefly covers tainted crafting. The alternatives will typically have lesser survivability than SOTL but they can be acquired for a fraction of the cost and you can potentially have higher DPS.

URL: https://youtu.be/jpIUj5Uzoa4

Please pardon my incoherence at times as I have been working long hours for 11 days in a row! There is also a text summary in the chest item section of this guide.

As I am updating the guide on a daily basis, I have added a changelog section for those who are interested.

Changelog
Spoiler
Prior to 20/04/2023, incremental updates to the guide were made on a daily basis.
20/04/2023
-Updated the Ailments section under defensive mechanics
21/04/2023
-Added video on Skin of the Lords Alternatives and Tainted Crafting
-Added Mark of the Shaper for rings
-Added Curse on Hit for rings
-Updated enchantments for helmet

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Hello ! Thank you for this fun build. Enjoying it as it brings a relaxed playstyle, exactly what I was looking for.

I have a question, I have 1382 ES, and Eldritch Battery, should I keep just what I need to cast spell and try to convert all that ES to life ? It just feels like a waste but I may be missing a point.

Cheers !
"
GraissE a écrit :
Hello ! Thank you for this fun build. Enjoying it as it brings a relaxed playstyle, exactly what I was looking for.

I have a question, I have 1382 ES, and Eldritch Battery, should I keep just what I need to cast spell and try to convert all that ES to life ? It just feels like a waste but I may be missing a point.

Cheers !

Hi GraissE! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the build :)

What do you mean by convert all that ES to life?
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Well, I have 1382 ES, but it is almost never going below 1/3. If I am correct, the ES is not taken before my life when it comes to damage ?
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Reflow718 a écrit :
You reply quick, I edited the previous post hopefully if you got time to double check.

just unspec your path going to magebane. remove all those. then spec towards inveterate, (as if going toward perfect agony). along the way, taking revenge of the hunted. that should be 11 SP.

Thanks these small changes helped a lot. When do you think I should change my unique ring, and if I do should I look for cold spell damage or time over multiplier. Maybe a frostbite on hit ?
"
GraissE a écrit :
Well, I have 1382 ES, but it is almost never going below 1/3. If I am correct, the ES is not taken before my life when it comes to damage ?

What Eldritch Battery does is instead of protecting your life pool, it is used for mana.

You will notice that you ES has now been transferred to your mana pool. When you cast your spells, you will notice your ES going down.

Eldritch Battery is important because it solves all the mana issues and allows you to run 4 auras, and cast divine blessing - hatred.
"
"
GraissE a écrit :

What Eldritch Battery does is instead of protecting your life pool, it is used for mana.

You will notice that you ES has now been transferred to your mana pool. When you cast your spells, you will notice your ES going down.

Eldritch Battery is important because it solves all the mana issues and allows you to run 4 auras, and cast divine blessing - hatred.

Yes, I agree about this. But do I need to have that much ES ? My Hatred costs me 670 mana (es) so I guess I could adjust my ES to about 1000 but not more than this ?
"
GraissE a écrit :
"
"
GraissE a écrit :

Yes, I agree about this. But do I need to have that much ES ? My Hatred costs me 670 mana (es) so I guess I could adjust my ES to about 1000 but not more than this ?

if you were buying/crafting gear in a way to maximize ES, then no you dont need to do that on purpose. 1k is enough. but if you have naturally gained 1.3k ES as a result of some of your gear choices, you also need not purposely re-adjust your gear just so you can get 20-100 more life. i would say these are within margins of triviality.
Got it, thank you very much for your help !
"
Reflow718 a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"
Reflow718 a écrit :
You reply quick, I edited the previous post hopefully if you got time to double check.

just unspec your path going to magebane. remove all those. then spec towards inveterate, (as if going toward perfect agony). along the way, taking revenge of the hunted. that should be 11 SP.

Thanks these small changes helped a lot. When do you think I should change my unique ring, and if I do should I look for cold spell damage or time over multiplier. Maybe a frostbite on hit ?

get as much resists/life/dex/str on rings where possible. rings are generally not the best location to roll for dps. frostbite on hit is possible yes. but on average, the rings will cost significantly more. i would prefer to spend the currency elsewhere. personally, if you have issues with "casting" the 2 curses, automate them like how I do:

arcanist brand - frostbite - elemental weakness.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires