[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

"
aerial a écrit :
Have you considered triple damage exarch staff (The Annihilating Light)? This provides pretty much same damage as rathpith version with high hp. And this item is extremely cheap very early, just matter of getting the resist, or even going glass canon vs some bosses. I tested some guardian maps on budget gear @ level 80, and some high hp map mods tanky bosses with ES, couldn't kill them, but when swapped to this staff, was night and day difference.

I think what you can do is to just have one in your weapon swap and switch at the boss.
Hi, as a relative new player: why deadeye and not a shadow ascendancy like sabo? Thanks
Sabo has only 1 good node, I'd say trickster or assassin would be better.
Assassin has bunch of increased crit chance, but with later gear, we can easily cap crit (boots enchant, bottled faith), so those nodes aren't that good either.
Speed is what makes build feel good, so we want action speed bonus, which also affects mine throwing speed, as well as frenzy charges (through charged mines). Trickster has 8% action speed (vs 20% from tailwind on deadeye). +2 max frenzy charges are nice and mastery bonus too, but thers no good fourth passive.
You could technically get away without chain from deadeye and extra proj, get chain from item (gloomfang, snakepit or both), and extra proj from anomalous icicle mine (but deadeye can use both +2 node and gem alt quality for +4). Not sure if this is worth the opportunity cost. Other ascendencies don't seem to have 4 good nodes that are all good value.

Endgame version of build with dissolution of flesh and rathpith, relies on fact it rarely gets hit. Even day1 version with shit gear rarely gets hit, because of offscreen freezing, and very quick freezes from icicle. This skill was used by zhp delve builds before they added flicker spiders to delve and killed it. But this may be the best freezing skill in the game in terms of how fast it can freeze stuff on screen, behind corners, best coverage, preventing us getting hit.
Dissolution of the Flesh works best when you rarely get hit. Every 2s, all damage that was taken is instantly recovered. Not taking damage more than 1x every 2s is ideal. So you want just enough mitigation to not get 1 shot and after that you want less chance to take damage. So things like high evasion, block, spell block, dodge are most valuable. For example with enough raw ehp with gale force and just lot of life, having spell block or dodge would be better than spell suppression. It is just pita to get on right side of the tree, too many uniques to get 150% spell suppression converted to 75% via acrobatics. Spell block is nowhere to be seen on this side of tree as well.
Can someone help me with my build? I want to do this as a league started so I rolled on softcore yesterday, have some of the items but I'm having some seriously survivability problems, along with lack of dps imo (according to POB I have like 1/10th the dps of OP).

Any help would be appreciated, maybe I'm missing something that's just staring me in the face. For example I can't even reliably kill essence monsters on t16 that have 3+ mods on them without them chasing me down.

here's my POB exported link

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.22.0/AAAABgICcLIog_EI1Ka-wpyNfYP3E9rEotDQjb_3E0jl-wnw1WKsZdNhEGyMAFke8LIZo4r_-MLsrEZQQoTF8h0ajVRH_rqbtYnTpcu0xQqbTZL1GPGKDkikFlFH8PmMNmwI6_Uj9um96NZJUQZ3ZJ2xEUlSASQM8pUu51SP-s96MHwHHn_G2-fbRs3qwzq3dR9bA4ci6ooGwcW-irvjc2322ufqNEuv61VLMgHwu3BSYeL5M47pRwahL_l1mCMFtS3EUXRjQyT9Go-SgCpbFsKXBiep_94ZilM1pvgRlqaZcw55P5MnAAixBcKccekAWd7y__i6GgEkRhY0SycC-XWs0BbCC6t5Pw==
"
lookilooka a écrit :
Can someone help me with my build? I want to do this as a league started so I rolled on softcore yesterday, have some of the items but I'm having some seriously survivability problems, along with lack of dps imo (according to POB I have like 1/10th the dps of OP).

Any help would be appreciated, maybe I'm missing something that's just staring me in the face. For example I can't even reliably kill essence monsters on t16 that have 3+ mods on them without them chasing me down.

here's my POB exported link

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.22.0/AAAABgICcLIog_EI1Ka-wpyNfYP3E9rEotDQjb_3E0jl-wnw1WKsZdNhEGyMAFke8LIZo4r_-MLsrEZQQoTF8h0ajVRH_rqbtYnTpcu0xQqbTZL1GPGKDkikFlFH8PmMNmwI6_Uj9um96NZJUQZ3ZJ2xEUlSASQM8pUu51SP-s96MHwHHn_G2-fbRs3qwzq3dR9bA4ci6ooGwcW-irvjc2322ufqNEuv61VLMgHwu3BSYeL5M47pRwahL_l1mCMFtS3EUXRjQyT9Go-SgCpbFsKXBiep_94ZilM1pvgRlqaZcw55P5MnAAixBcKccekAWd7y__i6GgEkRhY0SycC-XWs0BbCC6t5Pw==

You are using a low rolled Dissolution of the Flesh without Rathpith and Pain Attunement.

If you use Shroud, you should also stack many abyssal jewels with crit multi + life (probably nobody online selling any right now 1 day before league start, but they only cost a few chaos each).
I think you should not switch to Dissolution before you have March of the Legion.

Step 1: Bitterdream + Mutewind + random gear (Heatshiver and a Level 21 Icicle as soon as you have currency to buy it. It's fine to use a 21/0 normal Quality Icicle)
Step 2: Shroud + many abyssal jewels with multi + life
Step 3: saving for: +2+ corrupted March of the Legion (use my search link), Rathpith, Dissolution
Dernière édition par 99prosorc, le 17 août 2023 12:50:06
Thanks for reply, yeah not a lot of people selling stuff right now, for example no March's with the +2 corrupt that I can at least afford, I think there was 1 when I checked, same thing with dissolution(that's affordable I got mine for 1div).

Also I just realized I was looking at Frost bomb dps not icicle mine, lol.. In which case I'm only off by like 1/3rd of the dmg only/still. I guess I just need to scale a little more and itemize better.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

Hello and thanks for the guide.
I'm new to mines - i just got a short question:

Are you detonating your mines by yourself or is there a mechanic which i didn't find yet.

In the videos it looks like some automatic detonate but i'm not sure.
Hey, I just wanted to pop in here and tell you the updated PoB, the 1-10 guide, and the YT video were HUGE updates to this guide that I appreciate.

Pois. Conc. With so little investment feel 5x better than lightning trap did.
"
Phiro a écrit :
Hello and thanks for the guide.
I'm new to mines - i just got a short question:

Are you detonating your mines by yourself or is there a mechanic which i didn't find yet.

In the videos it looks like some automatic detonate but i'm not sure.

as soon as you equip a mine skill gem, you will get an "Detonate" Skill and this skill we put on our leftklick so as we walk the mines will "automatically" detonate
Dernière édition par PatrickFN, le 18 août 2023 04:27:48
Hey, first of all thx for the guide. Is there also a pob for lategame build or is this only a starter and you do another afterwards?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires