[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

hey man, i want to start with that build but you can make a pob using fire ball plz, fire ball with snakepit work realy whell
Hi 99prosorc, any thoughts about new support gem "Spellblade support"?
Best combo for spellblade seems to be Rebuke of the Vaal + Nycta's Lantern.
If you do the math, itll add 181% of Rebuke damage as flat and 81% of Lanterns damage. That is if you count dual wielding 60%, and battlemage, everything factored in.
If you take average rolls of both weapons, this is about 1230 flat damage.
But it is different types od damage, 400ish physical, 280 fire, 175 chaos and cold and 210 lightning. Not great synergy, and certainly not great synergy if you go match of the legion and inflate icicle mine level high, so flat damage on it is high, this diminishes that bonus.
I tried simulate this in started build, and it was worse than half decent rare weapons, at least with level 21 icicle gem in boots.
This clearly has better synergy with stuff like shaper of flames so all damage can ignite on elementalist, something that goes around fact we have so many different damage types, which doesn't synergize well with cold penetration and heatshiver in our case.

As for other thoughts.
For the Tornado tech. I was thinking about it some more. And it seems that if you have boss and tornado, mine hitting both targets, they both chain to each other, so 1 mine charges tornado by 2 stacks. Because 1 is from direct mine hit, and 2nd is from chain that comes from boss. So tornado caps at 20 stacks just after 10 mines, not 20.
But.. you can put it on arcanist brand thas gonna keep recasting new tornadoes like every 0.5s, and you constantly have a target to bounce off your chains. It seems to be true double damage if its set up like that, and brand sits on boss for good 5s. Of course this only works if you fight lone target, if there are ads or simply there are 2 or more bosses, it does nothing, since projectiles can chain off them anyway.
This is pretty comfy if you have frostbite in the build and don't use mark. Mark is useless anyway for entire map, you only use that on boss, and frostbite works entire clear. Another small note, in such scenario, bonus damage on Gloomfang, adds bunch of extra damage to chained proj so chained projectiles actually hits harder than main ones.

Another thing that I found good, is EB. If you moved off bitterdream (huge mana cost), to march of the legion, so you are on 4L. You drop 1 support from skitterbots, and you can comfortably preload 20 mines with EB, you can use another flask, never care about mana. And that is only for 2 points. I'd say for early stage this is pretty good, feels much more comfortable to play to just spam mines whenever. And being able to preload 20 mines really helps 1-shot bosses early on in T16, because there are various bonuses from having many mines on the ground at once. If we have enough damage to go from minefield to swift assembly, that is even bigger boost, and mainfield is useless in scenarios where you have time to unload all mines before boss becomes vulnerable.

Last idea, which i saw in someone else's pob. When you transition to Dissolution of the Flesh + Rathpith. Before you buy shroud and many abyssal jewels, you can just use it with Kaoms Heart. Life will be similar, so will rathpith bonus, you obviously gonna lose on pierce and other abyssal jewel mods. But it is cheap step to move in that direction, you need less pieces to swap, can replace kaoms with shroud once you can afford them.
Dernière édition par aerial, le 15 août 2023 08:12:33
I really digg someone making Icicle Mine work as I love the skill. Any chance you post a high end POB with MB? You mention that you get it, would love to see where the ceiling of the build actually is.
"
w4rp3nguin a écrit :
I really digg someone making Icicle Mine work as I love the skill. Any chance you post a high end POB with MB? You mention that you get it, would love to see where the ceiling of the build actually is.
There's only a handful of icicle mine deadeyes with magebloods in the current league. Two of them use The Annihilating Light, three use Victarios' Influence, but three of them use Shroud of the Lightless like this guide, and one of those is still on a uncorrupted Bitterdream--even at level 100 with a double-corrupted Mageblood. Just goes to show you how good Bitterdream is.

Anyhow, here's the search:
https://poe.ninja/builds/crucible?skills=Icicle+Mine&uniqueitems=Mageblood&class=Deadeye
Dernière édition par GERWARIC, le 16 août 2023 02:57:59
"
w4rp3nguin a écrit :

There are several different ones.
For 3.22 I think you can take my "mid-budget" version and just replace everything with a better version.
Shroud -> 3-socket Shroud with GOOD jewels (I'm using really bad ones)
Boots -> +9 Boots
GG Watcher's Eye (Precision multi + Hatred crit or pen)
Rings which actually increase your dps
Corruptions / Implicits on your unique items
+2 cold + t1 crit multi amulet with a good anointment
Divergent Berserk + lvl 4 Enhance
+1 frenzy + spell crit Kaom's Spirit if you go Berserk
There is so much room for improvements.
There are also completely different ways to build it(for example Dialla's Malefaction + The Annihilating Light, or really good wands + +4 Victario's Influence).
"
There are several different ones.
For 3.22 I think you can take my "mid-budget" version and just replace everything with a better version.
Shroud -> 3-socket Shroud with GOOD jewels (I'm using really bad ones)
Boots -> +9 Boots
GG Watcher's Eye (Precision multi + Hatred crit or pen)
Rings which actually increase your dps
Corruptions / Implicits on your unique items
+2 cold + t1 crit multi amulet with a good anointment

I played around in the PoB this morning and MB does not really seem to bring to much honestly, especially considering the cost. Upgrading the uniques with corrupted ones and improving the jewels, as you suggested here, seems to be the better choice overall. It also gives a smoother progression with upgrades, which is really nice. "Just" improving the jewels with added cold damage to spells and cold damage while holding a shield brings something like 30% more damage.
Upgrading to MB is not about being cost-efficient. It's more like go to item to keep you playing and grinding for it. If you go for it early it's relatively fast farm and other go to rare items start to show up on trade. You not gonna See 4 x t1 jewels on trade in 1 week but in week 4-6 sure. Best thinking for me from MB and HH is just speed :D

Any way i never played mines outside from leveling with it how does HH work with mines ? And is there any go to endgame setup for EoW mines - they dont get the aura gem scaling form march of the legion boots and other question - is there a way to fit in endu charges /more phys reduction.
I'll try starting with this until I can loop again.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Have you considered triple damage exarch staff (The Annihilating Light)? This provides pretty much same damage as rathpith version with high hp. And this item is extremely cheap very early, just matter of getting the resist, or even going glass canon vs some bosses. I tested some guardian maps on budget gear @ level 80, and some high hp map mods tanky bosses with ES, couldn't kill them, but when swapped to this staff, was night and day difference.
Dernière édition par aerial, le 16 août 2023 06:55:38

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires