[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

"
CantripN a écrit :
"
geolas a écrit :
Is Herald of Ice used only for the flat cold damage?
Since, from what i understand, you only need minimal cold damage to trigger shock, and potentially ignite, you can easily get that on gear and save 1 point on the passive tree and get better mana sustain.
or am i missing something?

It's more about the actual explosions. Getting 4 flat cold from gear is easier, after all.

what do you use the explosions for?, according to PoB their damage is pretty much zero.
"
geolas a écrit :
"
CantripN a écrit :
"
geolas a écrit :
Is Herald of Ice used only for the flat cold damage?
Since, from what i understand, you only need minimal cold damage to trigger shock, and potentially ignite, you can easily get that on gear and save 1 point on the passive tree and get better mana sustain.
or am i missing something?

It's more about the actual explosions. Getting 4 flat cold from gear is easier, after all.

what do you use the explosions for?, according to PoB their damage is pretty much zero.

The do help clear. Can't say how much. Might be better off dumping it for HoT eventually, or just Banner, or even Wrath with some more reservation things.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
Yossarini a écrit :
Could someone take a look at my build please? I feel that i'm missing something. Mana sustain is not existant, dps is somewhat meh because that. Survival isn't there, but i suspect that with mana issues gone everything will be permafreezed anyway.
One more question, how do you deal with lack of AoE on alter stages of CL? First 2 cast are ok but after it goes into beam mode it's alot of trouble to clear remaining mobs.

I'm no expert, but this is an issue some folks had in the discord channel.
There are a couple of solutions for mana sustain:

Get a body armor with 5blues-1red, and use inspiration. It's a decent support and it reduces a lot the mana cost.

On the left side of the tree, you can get Righteous Decree node with just 2 passive points, which gives some mana and also reduces skill mana cost.

And lastly, you can also annoint the Dreamer node on amulet with Brown-Teal-Blue (if i'm not wrong). Lots of mana from this node, which also reduces mana cost.

For the problems with clearing, I'm not super sure how to deal with them easily but I dealt with it in 2 ways:
1. Get the Blast-Freeze (= Freeze Proliferation) on a medium cluster jewel, it helps by freezing most mobs you couldn't kill in one shot.
2. You could either try Arc, or invest in a inpulsa + gloves with the implict (Spread Shock to enemies in # radius). The explosions almost always clear whole packs, and remaining enemies are frozen either way. But this can be expensive, 5L inpulsas are going for more than 50c right now.
Is it better for the endgame to go with Arc instead of Crackling Lance? Even the OP is going Arc it seems...
Dernière édition par Kingbemme, le 11 févr. 2022 13:54:52
"
Yossarini a écrit :
Could someone take a look at my build please? I feel that i'm missing something. Mana sustain is not existant, dps is somewhat meh because that. Survival isn't there, but i suspect that with mana issues gone everything will be permafreezed anyway.
One more question, how do you deal with lack of AoE on alter stages of CL? First 2 cast are ok but after it goes into beam mode it's alot of trouble to clear remaining mobs.

arc for clear crack for boss
"
Kingbemme a écrit :
Is it better for the endgame to go with Arc instead of Crackling Lance? Even the OP is going Arc it seems...

It's a matter of taste. There's nothing that feels as smooth as Arc, clearly. It helps a lot if you have Inpulsa and "shock spread" on your gloves, as well as Nadir Mode... All things I don't have on SSF. Yet.

Crackling Lance is x2.2 MORE DPS, and Freezes better, so of course I'd want to use it if I have those. Until then, and lacking even Apex Mode (for bossing), CL feels slow vs Arc.

Dernière édition par CantripN, le 11 févr. 2022 17:14:46
Just to know and without any pressure or desire of being rude, at the contrary:
Is there any chance to have an updated guideon pastbin? Or the one we already have is still more than enought with all the test we have already done in 3.17?

thanks for the answer
"
Vryce82 a écrit :
Just to know and without any pressure or desire of being rude, at the contrary:
Is there any chance to have an updated guideon pastbin? Or the one we already have is still more than enought with all the test we have already done in 3.17?

thanks for the answer

There haven't been many changes, if any. I make sure to update as I go.

The only really big thing from this league is using the new implicits on gloves as BiS, which is in fact in the guide.

Don't try to follow PoB blindly, ever, in any guide. There's a full guide for a reason, and we even have a Discord where people brainstorm and help each other.

--

Keep in mind I'm in SSF, my own gear and choices don't reflect optimal choices, they reflect the best I can do with what I have, for the content I'm doing.

Still #1 Elementalist for Arc in SSF :)

Dernière édition par CantripN, le 12 févr. 2022 09:01:35
Currently leveling a witch, with ~5ex to invest et get quickly to T16.
I'm really hesitating between your build (which seems great) and ZaPwner's own, which seems a little bit less expensive for more dps (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3117095/page/1).

Do you guys here have some advices/comparisons between these builds?
Is this one more safe, and the other one more squishy but more dps-ing?
Dernière édition par Kateroze, le 13 févr. 2022 09:29:02
I can't speak for other builds I haven't played, it wouldn't be fair. In general, the idea is to get as much DPS and defenses as you can while still Freezing well and reliably to map safer no matter the mods.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires