[3.14-3.16 HC Updated] HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content <Videos>

Looking forward to doing this build in 3.15 assuming no major nerfs. do you think this build could benefit from deathmark?
Dernière édition par bertmollar, le 7 juin 2021 21:26:11
I -love- seeing the new creative variations. Gives me things to think about.

As to 3.15, I am also looking forward to running this again as long no serious nerfs.

Deathmark is definitely something you could experiment with. I would certainly incorporate it in the 6L version with doppelganger guise. As to the normal variant, it would be a trade off of more control/boss damage in exchange for a bit less mapping damage, but you could consider subbing it in for any of the other supports. If you try it out, let us know what you think!

Luck,
-O
Very cool! Thanks!
"
LargeBattery a écrit :

This is my gear so far. Made it to lvl 100 since this build is very tanky plus lockdown helps (what else is there to do lol).

Notable changes:
- Total HP: 7,514 (to counter dodge/eva entropy, can tank Sirus A9 die beams/rotating beams)
- Total DPS on POB Sirus A9: 2.95 million
- I'm using only 4 Pure agony nodes + 4 Cult leader nodes
- Use Fortress Covenant in small cluster jewel spot
- Went with Aspect of Avian for the sweet double damage combined with Gravepact anoint
- Using only 1 Elegant form node (its good enough)
- With flasks up, dodge is 65%/48% while evade is 77%
- Phys reduction up to 41%
- Dropped convocation for Portal (QOL)
- Ele res is at 77/76/76 while Chaos res is at 77% (Use Anti-venom on small cluster and helps overcap chaos res)
- (Lvl 20 all) CWDT + Immortal call + Inc Duration + Lightning Golem*
- Took Resolute technique (QOL) for Simulacrum farming mostly

Future changes
- Will upgrade gems to 21/23 versions
- *Will drop Lightning golem for Chaos Golem
- Hope to find double corrupt Kaom's Heart with +max res and reduced crit/phys while stationary

POB link: https://pastebin.com/URUhNcQ3

How do you have Aspect of the Avian on Amulet? I thought when you use Awakener's Orb to transfer +1 gems, it rerolls mods. Then to get Aspect, don't you have to use beast crafting thing and it would reroll mods again?
Gratz on 100!!

As to aspect crafting, you do it last--it doesn't reroll mods.

-O
Thanks for the Build, haven't had this much fun in years, managed to defeat Sirus for the first time ever :-)
Definetely my leaguestarter for 3.15
Congratulations and most welcome!

Always made happy by this kind of response.

-O
so with the huge mana multiplier changes are we forced to using coming calamity? I've been mainly looking into the raider variant, and delivering poison through storm brands.

to make up for the lost of poison chance we are able to pick up some chance to poison nodes to get back up to 100% (this is near the ranger side of the skill tree)

@orion72 got any other ideas on how to make the agony make a come back? tytyty
Am I seeing right. Poison gets renamed and no longer grants poison chance.

"Poison:
Renamed to Critical Strike Affliction Support.
Now has a 140% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 135%).
No longer grants “Supported Skills deal 20-39% more Damage with Poison” or “Supported Skills have 60% chance to Poison on Hit”. It now grants "Supported Skills have +55-83% Damage over Time Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes".
"
OK, finally finished reviewing the patch notes. {Leaving this post in its original form, but read the updated 3.15 section in the build guide for additional thoughts, including use of Empower 4 to significantly mitigate the support gem nerf}

Good news first: With some modifications and work-arounds, the build is very much alive. Up until the late endgame we suffered only a modest (compared to other skills) roughly 22% damage nerf, some minor defensive nerfs to our dodge (quartz flask less effective) and a very minor nerf to our fortify (loss of extra effectiveness amounting to 2% damage reduction) My thoughts on adjusting the endgame version of the build are below:

My recommendation will be to drop one of the pure agony clusters (taking us down to 5) and one of the elegant form clusters (taking us down to two) which will also allow us to also drop one of the large clusters (taking us down to two). This will free up 11 skill points (5 large, 3 medium, 3 small). I describe below 12 additional nodes to take that maintain the rest of our build, 2 of which are also life nodes that we would be taking by endgame anyway. Going from 6 Pure agonies down to 5 is a roughly 20% damage nerf. The support gem changes are a roughly 22% nerf. The overall effect is that at maximum build we will do approximately 63% of the damage we used to. That may sound bad, but it is in line with or not as bad as the nerfs to many other skills and should still allow us to do all content. If you are SC, you could consider sacrificing life nodes instead of the 6th pure agony, but I can't recommend this in hc.

Here are the work-arounds:

1. New Mana Multipliers: The math on our endgame helm says it is still useable, but now will reserve 95.5% of our mana. Any reservation skill other than Hoag is off the table--no more Aspect of Spider, no more Arctic Armour. The build will function fine without them--it's a small defensive layer loss.

The math on our 6 link Barrage is it should come in at about 38 mana per shot.
Mana on gear will become somewhat more important, as we will need an absolute minimum of about 850 maximum mana to function at all, and the build will feel significantly better if we get that number up over 1k. Spending two of the freed up nodes to take the Mana Flows notable may be necessary while gearing up.

2. Poison nerf: We will now only be using the Chance to poison support (formerly lesser poison) without switching. This takes us down to 60% chance to poison from 80%. There are two small nodes in the Fatal Toxins cluster, which we path past already, that will push this back up to 85%--more than we had before

3. Ailment immunity: Elegant forms now only grant 15% immunity each. Not a problem, as follows:
a. We now use only 2 elegant forms instead 3 (30%)
b. We now take the entire thick skin cluster (20%) 2 extra life nodes
c. We now take the entire Crystal Skin Cluster (50%) 6 extra nodes

I may have more ideas later and I'm happy to respond to any specific questions folks may have. Good luck in expedition!

-Orion
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 21 juil. 2021 23:47:27

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires