[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

Holas

Thank you! Enjoying it loads so far, had to switch to PS4 recently due to a computer meltdown and was pretty much left with rolling something that auto-targets and runs on less than 4 buttons. This does that easily!

Due to the aforementioned circumstance the quality of life roof is rather a floor; so I chose the 6L hextouch/wthering variant above the self-cast Toxic Rain, which also lets me skimp out on the Witchbrew-flask as I'm already pseudo-applying Despair 'manually'.

I'm just now going opting in for full-cluster as there really is no need until the very end of min-max/qol for the build as previously stated. I happened to find an 8 passive large chaos jewel and rolled misery/cruelty/grace in two chaos orbs so at that point it just is what it is. Spent another 200 to find onslaught on a medium totem to no avail yet. Give and take as usual from the RNGods.

Bow and quiver are still looking to be swapped as I have +1/18% two-mod thicket waiting for the game to bless me with a couple suitable drops by Catarina. First run yielded none.

Worth mentioning is that I added a replica's Fragile Bloom to off-set removing Vitality to squeeze in the Aspect aura. Reasoning behind the minor differences in the current setup is almost exclusively due to not having unveiled enough Elreon-rings yet so I'm still on a flask to speed things up. Subject to change once he's not being cheap with the drops.

Once again, thanks :)
"
HUGL1F3 a écrit :
Holas

Thank you! Enjoying it loads so far, had to switch to PS4 recently due to a computer meltdown and was pretty much left with rolling something that auto-targets and runs on less than 4 buttons. This does that easily!

Once again, thanks :)

Thanks for the input! I had not even considered console, but that makes a ton of sense. This build continues to impress me with it's versatility.

You have some very nice gear, and that upgraded bow will feel really good. Try to get lvl 21 TR and a big, but expensive, upgrade is Awakened SA.

You'll have better luck with the drops from here on, I promise! (Elreon's a stingy one this league)
~Donkster5
A lvl 90 SSFHC update. I’m taking it slow as I’m only able to play an hour or so a day. No deaths, although I did nearly rip by forgetting about Crushclaws. Here’s a clip of that. https://clips.twitch.tv/FunFrailSwordHassanChop-KT2dTFmEw1GFIYpN

My current gear running T11-13 maps without issues:

Flasks:

Jewel: A Corrupted Blood one with no other beneficial mods. :)
~Donkster5
hehe that was close

Im SSFHC lvl 71 so far, did mercilab and goin for kitava now
no issues till now...build is a breeze <3
"
Partypapst a écrit :
hehe that was close

Im SSFHC lvl 71 so far, did mercilab and goin for kitava now
no issues till now...build is a breeze <3

Nice! I breezed up till about tier 7-9 maps then needed to farm some upgrades. I’m in need of it again. I’d really like a 6-link so I can push t15-16 easier. I’ve only dropped one six-link so far... a silversting, lol.
~Donkster5
I'm so happy I stumbled across this thread. I failed this league start trying a new build that is a little out of my style, and it's just too squishy for me. I built my own Toxic Rain Raider in a previous league, just self casting, no totems, and it was super tanky and successful. Seeing this feels like that build taken to the next level, with even more damage output. I'm extremely excited to give this a go! Level 10 so far hahaha :D

Thanks for sharing this, I will report back with my progress. I'm a dad and husband, so my gaming is pretty casual, this feels like the perfect build for a casual player or someone to take it to the min-max extreme. Can't wait to socket TR and the Ballista setup... got lucky and found a tabula on my first build. Woot!
"
iGanc a écrit :
I'm so happy I stumbled across this thread. I failed this league start trying a new build that is a little out of my style, and it's just too squishy for me. I built my own Toxic Rain Raider in a previous league, just self casting, no totems, and it was super tanky and successful. Seeing this feels like that build taken to the next level, with even more damage output. I'm extremely excited to give this a go! Level 10 so far hahaha :D

Thanks for sharing this, I will report back with my progress. I'm a dad and husband, so my gaming is pretty casual, this feels like the perfect build for a casual player or someone to take it to the min-max extreme. Can't wait to socket TR and the Ballista setup... got lucky and found a tabula on my first build. Woot!

I’m glad you stumbled onto this thread as well!

I can relate. I’m a dad of two little ones, work, and have a wife that works full time as well. I think you’ll really enjoy this build as it’s tanky enough to be chill, but still active enough to not be a walking simulator. You can take it as far as you’d like.

Congrats on the tabula. It’ll make leveling extra breezy. I can strongly recommend Lifetap in your selfcast until you get an enduring flask or some other form of mana stability. Also, LGoH in selfcast later on makes you extra tanky, if that’s your goal. I’m rocking it in SSFHC and it feels good.

DPS-wise, this build is at least as good as traditional Toxic Rain with limited to medium budgets. At very high budget, regular Toxic Rain will outclass it. However, traditional TR will never have this level of tank. Personally, I love the way this version plays.

I can’t wait to hear how it works for you.
~Donkster5
Anyone figured out how to run this in ultimatum w/o the totems getting instantly deleted as soon as they are summoned?
Dernière édition par snowmittens, le 20 mai 2021 09:33:36
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
iGanc a écrit :

I’m glad you stumbled onto this thread as well!

I can relate. I’m a dad of two little ones, work, and have a wife that works full time as well. I think you’ll really enjoy this build as it’s tanky enough to be chill, but still active enough to not be a walking simulator. You can take it as far as you’d like.

Congrats on the tabula. It’ll make leveling extra breezy. I can strongly recommend Lifetap in your selfcast until you get an enduring flask or some other form of mana stability. Also, LGoH in selfcast later on makes you extra tanky, if that’s your goal. I’m rocking it in SSFHC and it feels good.

DPS-wise, this build is at least as good as traditional Toxic Rain with limited to medium budgets. At very high budget, regular Toxic Rain will outclass it. However, traditional TR will never have this level of tank. Personally, I love the way this version plays.

I can’t wait to hear how it works for you.

So I had to swing by to provide an update!

Day 1, I got to the end of act 9 and had to quit, but I did do my norm/cruel lab at 55. As I said before, I'm pretty casual, I think this is as far as I've ever been in one sitting!

Day 2, finished merc lab (level 65, probably lowest I've ever attempted) and the campaign deathless (only second time ever deathless). Started hitting maps at level 66, and I'm immediately cruising through tier 7's. The damage is a little low at this tier, BUT that is because my TR in both links are level 16 and my self firing TR is a 4L >.<

This is a really fun build, and I really enjoy tanky builds. Mainly because with tanky builds, you have the opportunity to learn boss fights with a little more room for error, and you generally are forced into a longer encounter. I don't mind this if it's a build that isn't going to be one-shot immediately! Can't wait to see where this thing goes! It was also nice to see I could craft my resistances from the campaign gear into 90+, so I'm not even that pressed for immediate upgrades! This opens the door to actually being able to find upgrades, and this is only one of a VERY few times I would consider SSF and HC!

Thank you again, please let me know if you'd like me to swing back around and share my experience, I will be happy to do so if it helps you or the community.
"
snowmittens a écrit :
Anyone figured out how to run this in ultimatum w/o the totems getting instantly deleted as soon as they are summoned?

See the top post on page 12. Also, feel free to path to panopticon the opposite way through Ironwood. It gives totems resistances and increased life.
~Donkster5

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires