The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

"
angerfist26 a écrit :
hi. have you guys the same mana problems? only have 4 link and my mana gone very fast

Quill rain helps alot for me with the mana issues, and i use 1 manapot just incase
"
roedie01 a écrit :
"
angerfist26 a écrit :
hi. have you guys the same mana problems? only have 4 link and my mana gone very fast

Quill rain helps alot for me with the mana issues, and i use 1 manapot just incase

i use quill rain and clarity lvl 7,but have the mana problems. dont know what i´m doing wrong. caustic arrow cost 18 mana and toxic rain totems 17 at moment
"
angerfist26 a écrit :
"
roedie01 a écrit :
"
angerfist26 a écrit :

i use quill rain and clarity lvl 7,but have the mana problems. dont know what i´m doing wrong. caustic arrow cost 18 mana and toxic rain totems 17 at moment

Maybe you can try to level with this equiped https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wurm%27s_Molt

i know it can be helpful at times
Dernière édition par roedie01, le 6 déc. 2020 10:36:47
"
angerfist26 a écrit :

Use an enduring mana flask. That way you can queue it by tapping it a bunch of times. It doesn't work with whatever curse removal your mana flask has, but it's really helpful on builds that have most of the mana reserved, poor mana regen, and don't have the "- total mana cost" on rings/amulet.

I forgot to roll that mod on the last flask I found and it was a little annoying towards the end.
Dernière édition par bauermayers, le 6 déc. 2020 11:16:15
First of all thanks for the very nicely explained guide!
breezing to the story and almost done with it so i can start mapping.

Just curious about the "defenses" of this build, is it just stacking as much HP as we can find on gear? or do i find gear with like evasion rating as well?

And when you switch to Toxic Rain, you use that for clearing and CA for bossing?

Thanks guys :)
"
sqeekz a écrit :
First of all thanks for the very nicely explained guide!
breezing to the story and almost done with it so i can start mapping.

Just curious about the "defenses" of this build, is it just stacking as much HP as we can find on gear? or do i find gear with like evasion rating as well?

And when you switch to Toxic Rain, you use that for clearing and CA for bossing?

Thanks guys :)

gear should target HP and resistances.

Character is Evasion and Dodge based for defenses.

If you can squeeze in the extra aura you can use Flesh and Stone (R) in Stand stance for additional defenses, keep Vitality around lvl 10 if and allocate Charisma and you should be able to do this with only hitting your mana pot occasionally.

For standard clearing you can just use Caustic Arrow.

It seems a little weird but being a damage over time builed (DOT) build you need to chill and let your abilities do their work. So for bosses and tough rares you drop down three ballista totems, fire one caustic arrow, and then dodge anything that comes your way. Once the pool of caustic goo at the feet of your target expires then you fire another caustic arrow. You do get some damage from the initial hit of the caustic arrow, but it is fairly negligible compared to your DOT damage. If you are only using TR and CA your play pattern is to let the ballistas fire twice and then fire CA once.

If still using Burning Arrow and Puncture I would follow the OPs suggested pattern.

"Your combat pattern for boss fights is now:
- Place 3 ballistas next to the boss (they have a very fast totem placement speed)
- Use Caustic Arrow, Puncture and stack some Burning Arrows until any of the debuffs expires, then refresh them and continue with your rotation."

Once you have Despair it changes to

"- Drop 3 TR Ballistas
- CA
- Despair
- Puncture in spare time"

Once you get to maps I would look at Remi's TR Pathfinder on how to gear and where to go next since this guide isn't fully fleshed out into the late game.
Dernière édition par cirerrek, le 6 déc. 2020 13:01:05
"
roedie01 a écrit :
"
cirerrek a écrit :

roedie01 if you are on a PC hold down CTRL to show the 2nd layer of keybinds it will show up there if your first set of keybinds is full. Since this second set is hidden by default you typically put things like auras (in this build's case you would put things like Summon Skitterbots, Malevolence, or Flesh and Stone on this second set of keybinds).

You can certainly put a golem there too, but I find they die too frequently if you are NOT specifically focusing on giving them life through things like Minion Life Support and passives from the skill tree that support golems/minions in general.

That is why some people who want a golem, but don't want to invest the extra sockets or passive skill point will put their golem in a Cast When Damage Taken setup, so the golem gets resummoned whenever you take damage so it will have a full life bar.

i have the golem working (and no problems with it's survival), but i mean that the withering touch support isn't working with the golem. normally in the hotkey image you can see that a support is linked or not, but this isn't the case with withering touch.

that's what i meant to say sorry for the confusion :3

confirmed that withering touch does NOT work as a support for Flame Golem. If you socket flame golem and then hover over Withering Touch you will get a list of active skill gems that Withering Touch can support and Flame Golem has a red X next to it while Stone Golem on the other hand has a green check mark.

Guessing this is because the Flame Golem does a flame attack which doesn't "hit" which is required to proc withering touch. Stone Golems on the other hand have a slam skill which does apparently hit.
Dernière édition par cirerrek, le 6 déc. 2020 15:38:04
Can I get your loot filter?
Seems like this build is carried pretty hard by the cluster jewels, no? My damage is absolutely dogshit for bosses, and I think my bow is pretty good all things considered in this event. Please critique my bow/more sources for damage/skill tree, I guess a wither totem setup maybe?

Decided to go for that build in Mayhem:
Day 3 done, Level 90, roughly 100 Maps on the atlas clear, T11 Maps fall like a breeze, roughly 10 deathless atziri runs, Awakener 3 done, 15ex done and I very rarely die due to my defensive concept. This is the only part where the build is lacking, the leveling-guide as well as your final pastebin. Aside from that: Great, detailled work. Right now: Place 30 in the Pathfinder Race for Demigods.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires