Rustys 2h Vaal Earthquake

"
Gronlaender a écrit :
Why not use Ryslatha's Coil?

I noticed your playing the build so since your scaling mostly Ailment and physical items the need for global damage is better.

I had a long debate with a ryslatha flipper who wanted me to use the belt unfortunately the build does not scale Attack damage and it would be a huge loss in damage to run the belt.
Dernière édition par GrimExcuse, le 23 janv. 2021 22:36:44
Hey Grim, thanks for the great build and guide!

I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but I'm out of ideas. I'm wondering if I'm missing something or doing something wrong, as I take a lot of damage from some monsters and bosses starting from T15+. I did manage to kill sirus and normal elder, but I'm out of ideas for upgrades and I'm not sure if I could do uber elder or other endgame stuff with how my character currently is. Here's a pob link to the current passives and gear https://pastebin.com/M3b6PckX in case you'd prefer to look at that as opposed to the browser version here.
"
JJuuse a écrit :
Hey Grim, thanks for the great build and guide!

I've been trying to figure this out on my own, but I'm out of ideas. I'm wondering if I'm missing something or doing something wrong, as I take a lot of damage from some monsters and bosses starting from T15+. I did manage to kill sirus and normal elder, but I'm out of ideas for upgrades and I'm not sure if I could do uber elder or other endgame stuff with how my character currently is. Here's a pob link to the current passives and gear https://pastebin.com/M3b6PckX in case you'd prefer to look at that as opposed to the browser version here.

Heya JJuuse glad yo hear you are enjoying the build

At first glance when I read the -5% more bleeding nerf I was looking at my level 98 28mil dot build thinking oh yes a -3mil dot isnt a big of a deal. Fast track now and many people like yourself are struggling to scale damage with the thread of hope rush.

If you don't scale enough Phy DoT and get enough raw Physical damage then scaling 10% more while having no damage is still zero.

I have been leveling up a more beginner friendly version and playing it this league that requires cluster jewels. I have provided a video on how to craft them for extreme low cost via Harvest here is your new Pob https://pastebin.com/rbsCxjkP i've done my best to keep it rather cheap you will require some regret orbs to goto the new tree and get yourself a Cluster jewel.

All the best Rusty

Updated my gear. It steel feels squishy especially with all the new mechanics. Armor and avoid ailments help a lot. wonder how should i proceed for better defences?

Damage is great, even on a 5 link. Went for a frenzy charge on kill gloves since thread of hope is not something i can get without losing a bunch of life
Dernière édition par kilitwithfire, le 31 janv. 2021 13:34:30
"
kilitwithfire a écrit :

Updated my gear. It steel feels squishy especially with all the new mechanics. Armor and avoid ailments help a lot. wonder how should i proceed for better defences?

Damage is great, even on a 5 link. Went for a frenzy charge on kill gloves since thread of hope is not something i can get without losing a bunch of life

You're gear is fine what I have noticed with this expansion is they may have low key buffed damage across the board not including the sirus dominated rares.

Most rares and bosses during Heist would tend not deal the kind of damage they are now I have been taken a lot more critical strikes even with fully enabled Pantheon and Fortify at 6.5k hp. I guess don't make your maps as rippy because monsters actually hurt now
"
GrimExcuse a écrit :
"
kilitwithfire a écrit :

You're gear is fine what I have noticed with this expansion is they may have low key buffed damage across the board not including the sirus dominated rares.

Most rares and bosses during Heist would tend not deal the kind of damage they are now I have been taken a lot more critical strikes even with fully enabled Pantheon and Fortify at 6.5k hp. I guess don't make your maps as rippy because monsters actually hurt now

Yeah this build is still super squishy for me at 8.5k armour, 100% avoid ailments, maxed resistances, 6.1k hp, 6m bleed dps 26.1m total dmg per bleed. However pretty much everything is doable, I've been farming uber elder and also did maven with this build. The only uncharted realms I haven't been able to do yet is the nasty one with elder, shaper, uber atziri etc.

You might want to try the passive tree rusty gave me earlier, this build is all about the dps and not so much about the survivability I guess. Just go crazy on the dps and it doesn't really matter if you're a bit squishy :D

On a side note, Rusty do you have any thoughts on a headhunter? I managed to gamble all the way up to one and while it's stupid and broken I don't think this is close to an ideal build for one.
I am once again coming to you for clarification and information Rusty!
Are there different ways of scaling bleed damage on earthquake?
Because I want to do a max block one, but there again they are recommending ryslathas, and so are virtually every single other person who does bleed.

So I'm curious are you scaling it differently or are there just aspects that people arent aware of to a certain extent?

I mean I would love to use a elder rare belt instead, more ress, more flexible and by god more budget so.
"
Chridian a écrit :
Because I want to do a max block one, but there again they are recommending ryslathas, and so are virtually every single other person who does bleed.

So I'm curious are you scaling it differently or are there just aspects that people arent aware of to a certain extent?

I mean I would love to use a elder rare belt instead, more ress, more flexible and by god more budget so.

Every single person who uses Ryslatha that I have seen splits there damage between average hit and bleed and outside of bow builds. If they didn't have an ensnaring arrow set up they would go back to spending 5mins+ to kill something.

I would guess that most people who are using Ryslatha one time or another were originally lacerate which benefited from mostly on hit damage than the bleed. Awakened melee physical and Awakened brutality are great examples of buffing hit damage and overwhelm lowering resistance to Hits.

Almost no build used unbound ailments until I did, hardly any builds use swift affliction they stuck to Hit based gems splitting the damage between average hit for an inconstant bleed. If ensnaring arrow didn't exist most bleed builds would go back to spending 5mins+ per boss and scale mostly around Hits disregarding the bleed all together.

Every block build I see scales Hits and use Less duration on Earthquake because they want to move quickly with leap slam and attack fast so they stack more attack speed than what I do. This then makes syncing up Fist of war really rough and they trade 19% more on every hit for -81% more bleed damage.

A slower hit that always hits for 100% bleed damage combined with every aftershock overriding my average hit for well is why I don't split my damage and only scale the bleed ailment.
"

Yeah this build is still super squishy for me at 8.5k armour, 100% avoid ailments, maxed resistances, 6.1k hp, 6m bleed dps 26.1m total dmg per bleed. However pretty much everything is doable, I've been farming uber elder and also did maven with this build. The only uncharted realms I haven't been able to do yet is the nasty one with elder, shaper, uber atziri etc.

You might want to try the passive tree rusty gave me earlier, this build is all about the dps and not so much about the survivability I guess. Just go crazy on the dps and it doesn't really matter if you're a bit squishy :D

On a side note, Rusty do you have any thoughts on a headhunter? I managed to gamble all the way up to one and while it's stupid and broken I don't think this is close to an ideal build for one.

I've used Headhunter a few times and each time I found the build I used to farm for it was too slow so I designed builds around speed that benefited the most for a head hunter such as Cold Blade vortex and Wanders.

When I designed this build I was still new to bossing and I had seen many videos of people if you get enough damage you can phase bosses. So I set out to get the highest single bleed hit I could that ended up phasing everything I fought against this resulted in me taking small amounts of damage as each hit would blow up packs of monsters resulting in "just don't get hit".

This expansion has many monsters damage buffed to the point where off screen 1 shots have returned. I've seen war band leaders inside the ritual that ive killed 50 times in a row do little damage then randomly roll a 1 shot out of thin air something is wrong ive noticed it.

The only way to stop bursts of 1 shots is to build more defence something Ive never had to focus on in the past. Would be to focus less on damage and build the defensive side of Gladiator and as a non block character you will need to change the passive tree and build into Endurance charges both +minimum and War cry spam. This is okay if you have a foundation already of over 12mil dot.

All builds can build defence its just a matter of investment. You will need to cap chaos resistance and run Divine Flesh you may even need to run a Amethyst flask in the beginning then crafting minimum Endurance Charge to rings will provide more percentage to physical damage reduction while you get more through basalt flask and granite you may even run a a taste of hate.

"
GrimExcuse a écrit :
"
Chridian a écrit :

Every single person who uses Ryslatha that I have seen splits there damage between average hit and bleed and outside of bow builds. If they didn't have an ensnaring arrow set up they would go back to spending 5mins+ to kill something.

I would guess that most people who are using Ryslatha one time or another were originally lacerate which benefited from mostly on hit damage than the bleed. Awakened melee physical and Awakened brutality are great examples of buffing hit damage and overwhelm lowering resistance to Hits.

Almost no build used unbound ailments until I did, hardly any builds use swift affliction they stuck to Hit based gems splitting the damage between average hit for an inconstant bleed. If ensnaring arrow didn't exist most bleed builds would go back to spending 5mins+ per boss and scale mostly around Hits disregarding the bleed all together.

Every block build I see scales Hits and use Less duration on Earthquake because they want to move quickly with leap slam and attack fast so they stack more attack speed than what I do. This then makes syncing up Fist of war really rough and they trade 19% more on every hit for -81% more bleed damage.

A slower hit that always hits for 100% bleed damage combined with every aftershock overriding my average hit for well is why I don't split my damage and only scale the bleed ailment.

Okay, so if I'm understanding you correctly, if I do the max block version, swap out less duration and instead maybe go with fortify for defensive or something else, I wouldnt be wrong to use a rare elder belt with "global physical damage" increase. Provided I keep track of my warcry.

Btw wasnt there something in the patch notes about ensnaring arrow or something, I seem to recall reading something or other about it but can't be certain.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires