[3.12] Barrage & TS Impale Boss Slaying God with Full Screen Clear Too

"
aastr a écrit :
"
Hiroyama a écrit :
I posted an update to those wanting to league start with this build. I advise against it. I would start as a Split Arrow + Puncture Gladiator as this build makes the early game look easy and can take you to red maps with very little investment, allowing you to transfer to this endgame annihilator once you can afford a 500 PDPS Bow or an Arborix.

Me personally, I'm conflicted as whether I'll be starting as a Glacial Cascade Miner, ED+ Contagion Trickster, Bane+Soulrend Trickster, Split Arrow + Puncture Gladiator, or taking a chance on the new skill Blazing Salvo. I'm usually this ADD before a league starts. If I do enjoy the league, there's a good chance I'll come back to this build once I make some currency though. Blasting bosses this fast is too fun to pass up.

If you wanna watch my starting progress, I'll be streaming the league start over at twitch.tv/skinny_gg as soon as it goes live.

First time trying for me trying anything other than a full on caster build so I'm going to make things easy for myself and completely ignore your advice ;)

Looking at your tree I think I'm probably going to actually start with one of the steel skills, the only real changes you'd need to make when transitioning from that to Barrage / TS are the bow damage nodes for sword damage nodes and the Lethality wheel. Pretty much all the gear can stay the same as well, the only thing you'd need to save up for before transitioning is a GG bow / arborix to replace whatever two swords you were wearing previously.

Am I missing something?

Not at all, once you get an Arborix or 500 PDPS+ bow, you're good to go. Hopefully, Lioneye's Fall will be cheap again this league for an easy way to get leech early on. You can start off with Tombfist for your Intimidate. One thing I might try is playing around with your curse. They changed Vulnerability and while it still is good for Physical characters, Assassin's Mark might just be too insane to pass up for bossing. With all the curse changes, I'd play around with them a bit and see what works best.

I've decided that I'm going to start as a Bleed Bow Gladiator and transition over to this once I make some currency. I'll try to keep the guide updated with my progress and will stream as much as I can while trying to homeschool a 4th grader.

Good luck league starting with this though, and let me know how it goes.

Edit: If you manage to land a nice Death's Harp early on too, you should be able to swap to TS and Barrage early. Barrage can actually do some insane boss damage while leveling with leveling gear and pushing damage on your tree quickly. You're just vulnerable to one-shots going this route ;)

Another good thing is I think a lot of people are gonna go the mess around with the new curses this league, so Physical characters might have it good especially at league start. At least I'm hoping this is the case.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919821 - Impale Barrage Champion Build
-----------------------------------------
www.twitch.tv/madebyskinny
www.youtube.com/madebyskinny
Dernière édition par Hiroyama, le 17 sept. 2020 19:43:46
Hi, I will play this build in that league but I cannot find your Pantheon even on PoB. Could you help me, please?
"
OschiaToRed a écrit :
Hi, I will play this build in that league but I cannot find your Pantheon even on PoB. Could you help me, please?

Patheon I usually switch up depending on the situation. Usually using the one that gives physical reduction when standing still with 1 enemy nearby for bossing, and the opposite for mapping. I also tend to like the one that gives life flask charges as it gives a big heal boost at low life if you upgrade it fully. Especially after they nerfed our immunity minor that was basically the go-to every league.

Don't worry too much about Patheon, use what's best for the situation and what's best for you.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2919821 - Impale Barrage Champion Build
So league-starting with Splitting Steel following this tree etc. has gone... ok. I needed to take the sword and dual wield damage nodes and clear is super fast, single target is acceptable.

It really hurts having splitting steel be bugged since I can't support it with vicious or slower proj so missing out on literally 50% of my damage.

Looking for a cheap bow to get me started, have a tabula already and probably going to buy a Lioneye's Fall when I get my first ex drop. What do you recommend? I'm thinking Death's Opus 5l should last me until Arborix becomes available.

EDIT: Bought a Lioneye's Glare for 4c, with just that, a tabula and a tombfist with random SSF rares I'm absolutely zooming through maps.
Dernière édition par aastr, le 20 sept. 2020 11:24:52
"
aastr a écrit :
So league-starting with Splitting Steel following this tree etc. has gone... ok. I needed to take the sword and dual wield damage nodes and clear is super fast, single target is acceptable.

It really hurts having splitting steel be bugged since I can't support it with vicious or slower proj so missing out on literally 50% of my damage.

Looking for a cheap bow to get me started, have a tabula already and probably going to buy a Lioneye's Fall when I get my first ex drop. What do you recommend? I'm thinking Death's Opus 5l should last me until Arborix becomes available.

EDIT: Bought a Lioneye's Glare for 4c, with just that, a tabula and a tombfist with random SSF rares I'm absolutely zooming through maps.

That's good to hear, I'm taking a similar route in the bleed tree. Probably going to go Lioneye's before swapping over. I'm still early game though, haven't had much time to play but bleed leveling is smooth.
Just hitting red maps now, damage is feeling a bit low. Are there any "cheap" upgrades early league or is spending 2ex for an unlinked arborix my best option?
"
aastr a écrit :
Just hitting red maps now, damage is feeling a bit low. Are there any "cheap" upgrades early league or is spending 2ex for an unlinked arborix my best option?

I dont know what upgrades to do, but you dont need to spend 2ex if you want an arborix. you can buy a beltimber and grelwood shank and vendor them with an orb of fusing for an arborix, and the cost is definitely less than 2ex atm.
"
burdd a écrit :
"
aastr a écrit :

I dont know what upgrades to do, but you dont need to spend 2ex if you want an arborix. you can buy a beltimber and grelwood shank and vendor them with an orb of fusing for an arborix, and the cost is definitely less than 2ex atm.

Doing it that way it's around an ex and a half, which is roughly what the bows are going for now anyway.

Sorted the damage problem by spending 30c on a 5l Death's Opus and using proper gems.
should i buy arborix or keep this bow? or buy another bow?
Dernière édition par hoelzo, le 22 sept. 2020 20:06:04
"
hoelzo a écrit :
should i buy arborix or keep this bow? or buy another bow?

Get a 5l/6l deaths opus till Arborix drops in price, that's what I've done anyway.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires