[3.13] Scarfuncle's Shield Charge Impaling Gladiator -Max Block, Great speed, Pack Explosions

@ OP
I picked this build because it wasn't the same thing I had done and tried already a few times, etc.
Been playing a few years, but I'm not what I would call a major POE enthusiast. My play style goes a bit slower than my friends, but I consider this build pretty fast. It's fast enough, and it suits me just fine. I like sword n' board style builds.

Anyway, I did some reading but can't remember the whole thread. Didn't know if anyone brought up "Lord of Steel" jewel. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lord_of_Steel_(Impale_effect) I like the intuitive use of this ability as you have suggested. I think it is super strong for this build. I just put it in a level ago, and to be honest the ability is already so strong and so fast that I'm at a loss of how to describe the jewel. Just saying. Maybe at higher HP content I'll notice it better.

Anyway, I really dig the guide. I found the guide super helpful and the build is pretty engaging to play. My only gripe (so far) is getting hung up on corners of crap occasionally but if we get a wide open spot, like you said, its smooth af. And I'd like to say also that I think this build is really strong in Heists and does well. I don't really have an alt for this league in heists yet so I do not have a reference to compare but I like the power and survivability that this build is providing.

Good job, glad I played it.
You gotta WANT that Cowbell!
Glad to hear it! Yes, I leveled my shield charger with that gem. I think it can be dropped later, but the call of steel skill definitely stays. I agree that getting caught on every rock is super lame and I do use a secondary move skill like dash, leap slam, etc to get around.
would love to see if this could be moved into a version where enemies kill themselves via attacking you while bleed is applied at the same time. I thought of this last League a max block no attack bleed type build but I'm stupid and didn't know a way to execute it.
If you want a buid that is close to that, I suggest The Surrender with facebreaker. you still use cyclone, but that reckoning hits hard. That's not this build though - we can't use reckoning because its armour is too low. It's also stupid expensive.
@scarfuncle I started playing this build at the tail end of last league and am playing it now in heist. It's better than I expected! Did you ever run the numbers to go crit? Without trying too hard I was sitting in hideout with about 25% crit and ~200% multi with 99% accuracy, but I had to give up the impale gloves to do it. Clear was still good with an explode chest but obviously that kind of gear will be much rarer this league. For now I'm working to get my strength up to try out the blunderbore/gull setup. Seems fairly doable.
"
nhm a écrit :
@scarfuncle Did you ever run the numbers to go crit?
No, never! You would be the first to do so. If you can do it, please show your build once you've got it where you want it. It's exciting that you've found something that could work.

EDIT: Dual corrupting a Scaeva could work for crit. You'd get 30% crit mult and 64% crit chance with it. Just an idea I had
Dernière édition par Scarfuncle, le 26 sept. 2020 23:53:57
How does PoB calculate the charge distance? The number look great, but if its essentially counting it as double damage because max charge distance...not great.
Pob doesn't calculate that "more" damage. I always just set my melee distance to 1.
Hey. Want to try this as my second build in heist. Might I ask for the Berserker PoB? I really love the berserker, and I would love to try it.

I saw on your profile that you go with the points upwards in the berserker version. I play on PS4, so it’s not easy to check your profile for points.

Also, a while back (3.10) I saw a lazy pally build that had max block and max spell block. He achieved that with “the blue nightmare” jewel. Don’t know if it would fit in the build, but wanted to let you know nonetheless.

Cheers
"
Smmogz a écrit :
Hey. Want to try this as my second build in heist. Might I ask for the Berserker PoB? I really love the berserker, and I would love to try it.

I saw on your profile that you go with the points upwards in the berserker version. I play on PS4, so it’s not easy to check your profile for points.

Also, a while back (3.10) I saw a lazy pally build that had max block and max spell block. He achieved that with “the blue nightmare” jewel. Don’t know if it would fit in the build, but wanted to let you know nonetheless.

Cheers

Berserker POB I'm using https://pastebin.com/ETkfR5Mt

The berserker is working fantastically - I'm currently doing t16s with 40-60% delerium. The leech and overleech from immortal ambition is super good. I would suggest that the gladiator versions at least try equipping a Soul Tether, especially if they have upgraded to the inward crown.

Modifications I would make for a console would include less cluster jewels because they are so hard to trade for. Instead, get those minion damage nodes near templar. They are big damage for the berserker. Also, get the Aggressive Bastian wheel for reliable endurance charges. Lastly, I have an explodey chest in the POB, but this league it is proving unreasonable to get that. Instead, use something like the chest I am currently using with a lot of ES. I've heard trade is really bad with the consoles, so if you can't get an ilvl 86 colossal shield through trade it might not be worth it to play the build. You have to build your own shield - you can't use uniques.

As for the spell block, the blue nightmare isn't good for the berserker or gladiator since we don't use power charges/crit and we don't deal elemental damage. Spells tend to hit you when you stand still. For all builds, moving every few seconds massively increases survivability. Take the money you would spend on a blue nightmare and buy a Glorious Vanity.
Dernière édition par Scarfuncle, le 2 oct. 2020 15:05:02

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires