[3.13] Scarfuncle's Shield Charge Impaling Gladiator -Max Block, Great speed, Pack Explosions

Thank you very much for the quick feedback.

When it comes to Cluster jewels, I tend to craft them. I get the correct base and work from there. At least that is what I did last league.

As far as trading on consoles, it’s bad, but it’s not prohibitive, when it comes to availability. What is prohibitive is the price. Items that are 1c on pc are 15-20c or more. But you find deals. Or you sell overpriced stuff as well. . There are some shields up for sale, even as I write this. There are a few item lvl 85 and one 86. I played a SST Deadeye two leagues ago, and I could craft the shield I needed. I also played a Glacial hammer berserker with soul tether and loved it, so I know what you mean.

I will give it a try, got nothing to lose.

I assume Pain reaver first ascendancy.
"
Smmogz a écrit :
Thank you very much for the quick feedback.

I will give it a try, got nothing to lose.

I assume Pain reaver first ascendancy.

You assume correctly.

I made a major discovery tonight. Use soul tether once you get the crown of the inward eye, but once you're rich enough definitely get a glorious vanity and combine with a replica soul tether. I'm sitting at 6k life and nearly 3k energy shield. It's absolutely game changing. I even think it will work on gladiator, providing you one can find leech.

Let me know how the console experience goes. I'm curious about how the targeting works for shield charge when using a controller. You would give a fresh perspective that this project hasn't had yet.
I can already give you some targeting perspective from a console point of view. First general targeting.

I started the league with a SA PF. When it comes to skills like Toxic Rain, the targeting kind of sux. Especially when monsters move around, it’s hard to try and follow them around with such a skill. Basically you can turn your char in the direction you want and press the skill button and it will fire the skill in front of your character, basically right in front of you. Or, you use the joystick and press the skill button and it will fire the skill in said direction, at max range. It’s very very hard to hit the skill in between min and max distance. Skills like SA or divine ire are far easier to control since you just select the direction and it goes in a line to where you want it.

Now on to specific Shield Charge. First there are two options: normal use of skills or the so called “alternative” something or other (forget the exact wording). Basically the alternative makes you go max range from the point of origin with a singe press of a button, in the direction the char is facing or in the direction you move your joystick. So for a stationary target, with this option enabled, you press the button and you just charge through the boss. Then you move the joystick in the other direction, press Shield Charge again and charge again through the target. And you keep going back and forth, max SC range, every time.

The normal way of using the skill (so no alternative behaviour) is you press SC and it will go in front of your char. But it will go a shorter distance. If you hold the joystick in a direction, it will try and go further. So you have some kind of control.

In order to use the skill as a damaging ability, what I noticed so far, is that I need to press the SC button, it will do a short charge. Then if I do not release the SC button my char will stay in place and start doing the cone aoe in place.

I will update you later with how it goes, if you want.

I hope I was clear in what I wanted to convey.
Cheers.
Hi there! I've leveled this build throughout the league, and I am enjoying it greatly. I am wondering how vital it is to have Devastator on a cluster. I currently have Devastator on an 8-passive shield cluster, but it's the only notable. I also have an 8-passive shield cluster with Drive the Destruction, Martial Prowess, and Veteran Defender. It seems like the latter cluster would be better to use, but I am unsure on how crucial it is to have Devastator.

Again, thank you for your fun build!
Hi there!

With the new changes to punishment and the addition of Call of Steel, I would say that devastator is no longer needed. I haven't used it once this league and removed it from the POB. Just make sure you have a reliable way to cast punishment. I prefer Reckoning>Hextouch>Punishment.

On that subject, with the new way curses work, I have amended the guide to recommend vulnerability for bosses since punishment doesn't do much for single target anymore.
Dernière édition par Scarfuncle, le 5 oct. 2020 13:33:55
"
Scarfuncle a écrit :
Hi there!

With the new changes to punishment and the addition of Call of Steel, I would say that devastator is no longer needed. I haven't used it once this league and removed it from the POB. Just make sure you have a reliable way to cast punishment. I prefer Reckoning>Hextouch>Punishment.

On that subject, with the new way curses work, I have amended the guide to recommend vulnerability for bosses since punishment doesn't do much for single target anymore.

Thank you for the answer! As for Vulnerability being better for bosses, should we just swap skill jewels before each encounter? Or would it be a complete switch over from Punishment?
Heck no! You should be able to do any map boss without switching. I would switch for something like Siris or shaper. Something you can't afford to lose.
Hi!
Do you think it would be possible to run the same kind of build with Facebreaker and The Surrender, for a full Shield charge build with reckoning? Or too much to change? Or doesnt work at all

EDIT: Hmm ok I feel like it would serve the same purpose as Ripost but worse maybe?
Dernière édition par ForgedPoE, le 6 oct. 2020 12:08:42
"
ForgedPoE a écrit :
Hi!
Do you think it would be possible to run the same kind of build with Facebreaker

No. Shield charge is not an unarmed attack. It is an offhand attack, so it gets no bonus from facebreaker. Also, This build doesn't use crit.

"
ForgedPoE a écrit :
and The Surrender,

The surrender has very low armour. It would cripple shield charge.

I have played reckoning cyclone surrender with the duelist and it was great fun, but that isn't this build.
Dernière édition par deskull, le 16 oct. 2020 23:56:32

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires