[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

i hate abyssus, can i go for a rare helmet? any suggestions?

changed abysuss to rare helmet with life and -phys damage taken as fire
Dernière édition par RabzH, le 16 mars 2020 04:58:13
Doesn't the crafting 'socketed attacks have -15 total mana cost' work on an ilvl 100 sacrificial garb?
I burned like 10 serrated fossils already...
It looks so easy in the video, maybe it's the wrong base?
"
Raizdoe a écrit :
I have a hard time weighting things. Picking an int node (44... I'll need maybe 2/3) feels like a huge waste while trying to find the right stats on gear + INT seems like finding an impossible task...
No right or wrong answer to this one. Do what feels best for you.

Personally I'd grab the 2 nodes for now, knowing you'll be converting them to a cluster jewel later anyway.

By the time you start getting into your higher end gear you'll have a lot more flexibility on where and when you pick up the int to replace it.

"
Raizdoe a écrit :
Edit : Also i'm missing why that -15 stat is so important, so far I have a jewel that gives me 10% mana reg rate and 1 mana potion is enough to spam the cyclone so I'm kinda afraid in running into a mana problem later :x
The chest means you don't have to worry about mana. At all. There won't be a problem cycloning even if things hit your mana or mama regen.

Compared to lots of other solutions it's just more efficient (in terms of min maxing stats... Cost is another matter). Other solutions are giving up a jewel slot, a flask slot or sacrificing stats on multiple other pieces of gear for a similar (or worse) solution.
Dernière édition par TsuDhoNim, le 16 mars 2020 05:30:56
Enjoying the build so far. The one stand-out issue I'm having right now that's taking away some of my enjoyment is constantly juggling my intelligence requirement with the claws. It's really a pain in the ass and if that intelligence requirement wasn't so high, we'd have so much more gearing flexibility. Oh well. Right now I'm still rocking a tabula with some otherwise mediocre gear, only about 4300 life and 350K DPS but can just now dip into yellow maps. Had ZERO issues with uber lab, normal atziri, and the first 3 conqueror's I've done. Clear speed is fine as long as I'm mashing my quicksilver as often as possible.

I've messed around with some of the cluster jewels. Tried out the Devastator notable that makes enemies explode for 1/10th of their life. I honestly couldn't notice much of a difference. Going forward, I forked out a decent amount of currency for a jewel that had Deep Cuts, Wind-Up and Smite the Weak on it. Being able to generate those power charges via Wind-Up feels very nice. That said though, with Deep Cuts allocated, I have 115% chance to impale per hit. That makes me question how valuable it is since I'm over 100%. Sure, you get the impale lasts 1 additional hit but I can't really determine how much that's worth -- instead of just using a cluster jewel that's got multiple +%phys damage on it like I have sitting in my stash. I enjoy being able to generate all 3 frenzy, power and endurance charges though so I'd probably wanna keep wind-up.

Haven't been able to find a stygian vice with good life/res and high intelligence on it yet. Still haven't bought an abyssus because honestly, until I can get more life -- I feel it'd just get me destroyed in anything past yellow maps. Maybe once I get a good 6L Rare or Belly I'll swap to it.

Edit: One thing I did early on to help with being limited on intelligence and res once getting to maps was pick up a Carnage Heart ammy for 1c I think. Has +all stats and +all res, plus you get the juicy +damage while leeching which we're always doing. Really good amulet to get things started. Now I'm res capped with a tabula, but of course chaos res is still pretty poor at about -30. :P Thankfully as long as you keep moving in delirium, it's not a huge concern. Just don't step on the bad eggs and don't stop for too long to loot.
Dernière édition par KFieLdGaming, le 16 mars 2020 05:39:41
"
KFieLdGaming a écrit :

That said though, with Deep Cuts allocated, I have 115% chance to impale per hit. That makes me question how valuable it is since I'm over 100%.

I had the same thought, maybe switch to War Banner?
Hi. By following your gems, I decided not to go with totem, but with a golem. Which one would you recommend? Lightning, ice and chaos are good ones, but can't decide which to go with. Maybe ice for critical would be best?

Also, are there some good 3 link gem setups that could replace second aura setup? - I curently do not use blood and sand and dread banner as I'm currently on some basic gear (just got to maps).

I am also going with this piece:
https://prnt.sc/rh3kvl
Dernière édition par D_Pooly, le 16 mars 2020 06:42:45
"
Raizdoe a écrit :
Hey,

Thx for the build !

I'm 77 so far and my main problem is INT... I cleared 10 acts and I am at this spot where I'll start buying some cheap stuff to do my resistances and with only 44 Int I don't know much how to approach this.

I have a hard time weighting things. Picking an int node (44... I'll need maybe 2/3) feels like a huge waste while trying to find the right stats on gear + INT seems like finding an impossible task...

Didn't play since the pyramide league and I'm not sure if they nerfed the acts or if the build is just that tanky but i've killed bosses deathless which never hapened to me before. Started maps withouth giving a f. about my resistance and it's going pretty smoothly (but slowly with no movespeed yet).

Edit : Also i'm missing why that -15 stat is so important, so far I have a jewel that gives me 10% mana reg rate and 1 mana potion is enough to spam the cyclone so I'm kinda afraid in running into a mana problem later :x

Thx for the build & the time you put into it :)

Basically frees up a flask slot for another dps flask or for some people allowing them to run another aura with the mana no longer needing to be used. Not really a huge deal, and i think you can get away with putting -3 channeling cost on rings/ammy instead of the -15 on chest.
Hey any thoughts on Quick and Deadly cluster jewel + Soul Taker main hand?
"
Chumber a écrit :
"
Bergerbrush a écrit :
Literally spent all day working on updating the Build Thread here instead of actually playing the game. Looked through every individual node from cluster jewels in PoB and made a rank tier list.

Anyway ya'll. CLUSTER JEWEL UPDATE IS OUT! New section called "Cluster Jewels" packed with information about cluster jewels, new skill tree for us and what nodes are good/bad and where to get them.

Thanks! Can you please add the Cluster Skills as text too? Just the name, no Skillinfo because the images are kinda hard to read.

Having a blast with this build, facetanked second Baran, didn't even move off the glowing fields xD

I'll fix that ye :)
"
RabzH a écrit :
i hate abyssus, can i go for a rare helmet? any suggestions?

changed abysuss to rare helmet with life and -phys damage taken as fire

You can absolutely do that. Its something I will try later when I get money to buy a great helmet and see how big the difference is.

I know though that Abyssus is insane amount of DPS of course. So if you feel like your DPS is fine without it, then go for it!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires