[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
larsahh_ a écrit :
Hey there!

Currently close to 6.5m bleed dps with culling included and flasks up, about 6m wihout and that translates into ~5m Sirus dps. Ignore chain gem in my setup atm, I only use it for map clearing, it's just a nice qol, but Divergent Chance to Bleed instead of it.

I wanted to help out all the people who have been asking me how to approach when crafting couple specific items!

Spoiler
Starting with helmet. Buy a base:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/7DG3RR7u5

Whatever Enchant you prefer, I personally love the 5 projectiles, but keep in mind that it only applies to secondary projectiles and it mostly increases your clearspeed!
Jagged + Pristine Fossils in 2s resonators until you get nearby enemeis take 9% physical damage + a decent life roll. Also preferably an open prefix for +1 pierce craft.
If you feel you are rich enough you can gamble Aisling T4 to get something nice on it, in my case that's the hybrid chaos + lightning resistance, which helped me to cap chaos res for Divine Flesh. Or if you get a second influence modifier, you can always try to Maven Orb it for elevated increased physical damage taken which is 12%. Haven't gotten there myself yet but eventually!

Spoiler
Amulet - I went for Turqoise Base to help out with dex and int requirements on gems etc.
Awakener orb +dexterity skill gems with +1 physical skill gems (hunter + warlord) And make sure the item you awaken it into is the turqoise base. Hope for a third useful prefix! In my case I hit t1 flat physical dmg, which was good enough (max life t3+ would been ok aswel) I did about ~8 amulets until I hit this one, so was very lucky here, because most of the time you end with a shitty third prefix. You could also gamble amulets with open third prefix and open suffix - craft suffixes cannot be changed and harvest craft reforge life in hope to hit high tier life but the odds aren't that great!
Or if you dont want to awakener yourself, scout market on https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/bG3ZE6DuL for a nice base with a useful third prefix (prolly going to get sold quickly or be expensive)

Once you have your prefixes done, make sure there is an open suffix on the amulet. Craft Prfixes cannot be changed - reforge physical or more physical and the only 3 outcomes are physical damage over time multiplier, 2 tiers 500 weight each and additional physical damage reduction 250 weight. So to hit t1 physical dot is 500 in 1250 total (I was very unlucky with my amulets, only hit t1 3 out of 30 tries, but every league there is this 1 cursed item that burns lot of energy and currency)
When I hit t1 phys dot multi and amulet had 2 open suffixes still, I'd craft prefixes cannot be changed once aghain and Aisling T4 from TFT or my own mastermind, in hope of the Aisling removing "prefixes cannot be changed" and adding a nice veiled suffix, I got chaos hyubrid res here which was once again nice to cap out chaos res, but there are lot of very good suffixes to get. Before unveiling you can also add a craft to block any of the trap/mine modifiers to increase odds, or if you dont want chaos res just craft that.
My amulet took me 2 failed Aisling tries and therefore I had to go back to reforging physical to get t1 phys dot multi again!

Spoiler
When it comes to belt. I bought a 84+ Stygian base with the enchant (preferably ilvl 84 or 85 to rule out t1 wed prefix but go with what market has to offer)

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/Km3Gg76h5

Add Hunter's Exalted orb on the item. You can also do Catalysts now if you want to save some later on etc.
And Pristine fossils in 1 socket resonator until you hit t2+ and t1 max life%. Preferably both t1 but I crafted this after couple days of league and t2 was enough for me. The third prefix didn't matter for me so I went with whatever came.
For suffixes I went with old good craft Prefixes cannot be changed and used a Veiled Chaos Orb on it, got hybrid chaos res and still had a suffix open to craft whatever res I needed. Later on I slammed the 33 fire res with my eyes closed! :D Belt is quite a simple craft to get some resistances and nice amount of life together with a very useful enchant actually suited for the build!

Spoiler
For Boots my main idea was to get at least 1 pierce on them and Chill immunity, since I run Artic Armor, I want to be immune to chill and freeze (the 2 msot annoying things in the game for me!)

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/yB8Zd9ehR

Was the search I used, I wanted 2 useful suffixes, wether it's resistance or stats like int/dex and open suffix, this all together with t1 flat life, the specific veiled movement and chill immunity and open prefix. All this on a ilvl 80+ base that is required to have chance of hitting t1 pierce which is +2 pierce.
Make sure all 3 suffixes are filled or you have a craft, buy a Hunter's Exalted orb and slam on them (make sure to close your eyes too) there is 1 in 4 chance to hit t1 pierce, 1 in 4 chance to hit t2 pierce and 2 in 4 chance to hit the other 2 hunter mods. So basically 50% to get useful boots like mine! I failed one time before I got the ones Im using atm!
And finish them off with running some lab for a nice enchant. I really love attack speed cause it makes the build more smooth, especially when whirling blading through the maps!
A simple craft but yet to poweful if you build focuses around the mods!

Spoiler
When it comes to the shield there are different methods of how good shield you want and how much currency you are willing to spend! I had set a goal before the league even started to craft a ~3200 armor shield with %life on block and open suffix that was not quality craft.
The shield currently is nowhere fully done but I'm halfway.
Start off with buying a Shaped 86+ Colossal Tower shield.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/0poMb2gUg

Perfect Fossil it up to 30Q (You can also do Hillock in fortifcation rank 3 later on when you do Master Mind but I prefer perfect fossils, they are also pretty cheap this league.
If you are happy with a shield up to ~3060 armor, you just use 1 socket resonators with dense fossil inside until you get triple t1 prefixes (flat armor, % armor and one of the hybrid block/stunblock recovery armor rolls)
If you want ~3200 armor the only way to do it is Defeaning Essemce of Dread (10-12c each in big bulks) and it's going to require you on average ~1400 to hit any of the double t1 combos)
When you have your prefixes done, make sure you have an open suffix, craft prefixes cannot be changed and reforge life or more life. On average you need about 22 tries to see %life on block, slightly less if you use more life crafts per 2 ex of locking prefixes.
To further progress with the shield you need 100% 1 open suffix, 2 open suffixes would be ideal but with even 1 you can work with the item. You craft prefixes cannot be changed and Either T4 Aisling or Annul depending how you want your final shield to be. If you T4 aisling with 2 suffixes and "prefixes cannot be changed", then it's 1 in 3 chance it removes the second suffix which is the best case scenario, 1 in 3 chance it removes the craft, which leaves you no open suffix craft or 1 in 3 chance it removes life on block and you have to do the reforge life process again.
If you T4 Aisling with only life on block suffix + prefixes cannot be changed, then it's 50/50 it removes one of them. if it removes the craft, then you have your mirror worthy shield complete pretty much I think, if it removes life on block you have to reforge life again with prefixes locked.
Whenever you unveil the suffix for Aisling, you can block something like Effect of curses with the craft to increase pool of good mods, but I think at least 1 quality and attribute craft is almost always guaranteed!
My current shield as I said is nowhere finished yet, I have to reforge suffix keep prefix and spam reforge life with prefixes cannot be changed, it's a long and expensive part that costs 2 ex per try and T4 Aisling still has 50% chance of having to go back to this step!

If you dont care about the %life on block mod, you can always go with non shaped 86+ Colossal Tower shield and after you have your prefixes done, craft prefixes cannot be changed and use veiled chaos orb, which would make shield more valuable in the end cause it gives you Veiled quality and attribute craft most of the time and leaves you open with a suffix for a craft like resistance, global physical damage or %block chance etc!

Spoiler
For chest piece just Awakener orb Frenzy charge on hit with +1 active skill gems if you decide to go with non Lioneye's method. Make sure those are the only 2 influenced modifiers on each of your items and that the targeted item is the one that is 6-linked and not the other way around!

Personally after theorycrafting alot around the build with many other high endgame players, if you want the most bleed dps you can get, you have to have at least +1 socketed gems/active gems on your body armor together with a +2 amulet to make your spectral shield throw gem reach level 24.
The only other possible combination is a double corrupted Lioneye's with +3 (+2 projectile and +1 socketed gems) together with Aul's Uprising (with 100% pride or malevolence aura reduction) to fit in both Malevolence AND Pride to the build, but you can also figure out this is several hundred's of ex (around 200 ex for Lioneyes atm)
Or a +1 warlord chest with +2 projectile corruption or any decent chestpiece with +3 corruptions but keep in mind you need to get correct colors, 6l it etc!

Spoiler
For my gloves craft I wasn't sure what I really wanted and crafted them really early on into the league! I was looking on market for t1 flat life and t1 flat physical dmg to attacks prefixes and 1 open prefix, on a ilvl 80+ Apothecary gloves. Also the item needed to have at least 1 open suffix.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/nGay2jBI0

I filled the suffix with any random craft. Then bought a Hunter's Exalted Orb and slammed the item. It would add any random hutner prefix which I didn't care about, I would later on Maven Orb it away to the suffix side.
So with filled prefixes, I procceed to replace suffix craft with prefixes cannot be changed and reforge physical for either t1 or t2 physical damage over time multiplier. 50/50 to hit any of them, so might take couple tries. When I hit t1 physical dot multi and if the other suffix was good enough or none of them I'd be happy and go on to Maven Orb the gloves in hope of removing the prefix and elevating the physical dmg multi suffix. If I failed, I'd go back to reforging physical again until I stopped failing.
Also worth mentioning that gloves are not fully done yet, they lasted and carried me to 100 but I have plans of awakener orbing elevated phys dot multi and elevated chance to block attack dmg and reforge life with locked prefixes. But that's yet to come!

Anyway long post put together quickly, so apologising for grammatical errors etc, feel free to pm me ingame and I can give you further tips and tricks, or if you have any specific questions!

Edit.
I also have to mention that most of these items are deterministally crafted with no chance of bricking your item completely if you follow all the steps and have full control of your item with either "prefixes/suffixes cannot be changed" crafts with exception of helmet T4 Aisling and boots. It all comes down to have full control of your item at all the times and that's the hard part o learn about POE crafting sadly but it comes with lot of crafting experience!
Second thing I have to mention. Some people craft their shields with Warlord's Exalted Orb but keep in mind that hitting % life on block is more than 3 times as low than a Shaped shield due to different influence weightings and I'd not recomend that way. On average you need 22 shields to get %max life when you block with a Warlord's Exalted Orb slam but it even gets trickier after here. If you lock prefixes and reforge life, it takes on average ~61 tries to hit %life when you block, making it 3 times as hard than it was with a Shaped Shield. So that's why I recomend a Shaped Shield from the start, to lower these odds of getting the dream shield!

Insane shield!

Have you looked into Aul's with Pride or Malevolence? Beats any rare amulet in terms of DPS unfortunately..
"
mkha a écrit :

Insane shield!

Have you looked into Aul's with Pride or Malevolence? Beats any rare amulet in terms of DPS unfortunately..

I was waiting for the reply. I put a detailed explanation under my body armor craft why it's so important to get +1 there and +2 on amulet.

We discussed this with lot of SST players and a +2 amulet will give you more in terms of raw dps and you have options for other stats on it. (With exception of what I will type further down)
The main reason why you want to use +2 there is to get your SST to lvl 24, for the base damage and also gain 7-9 added flat physical damage per 15 armor on shield, instead of 6-8. The better your shield, the more damage you will gain by having SST at lvl 24. My amulet for me gives me way over 40% more dmg that a Pride would do. (if you build impale and scale impale, then things are different because you can get 2 impale on the watchers eye!)

I also stated the only exceptions where Aul's Uprising beats +2 amulet is if you can get either +3 Lioneye's Chest to put your SST Gem at lvl 24, or any kind of corruptions on the body armor to make your SST lvl 24.

But yeah, oberall if you looking for absolute bis dmg, there are couple +3 Lioneyes for 200 ex and run Aul's Uprising with it and it will beat my current setup. But that also requires you to get missing stats on other pieces.

Anyway if you dont believe me, pob it yourself. I would say some of your pieces are better than mine, but my Culling bleeding dps without flasks still is slightly over 6.5m. ~6m with Unbound Ailments if I have to move around alot and cant keep 8 stacks of bleed up! But the difference comes from getting your SST gem to lvl 24. That's simply so much base dmg to gain!
hello

i am having issues with survivability ,sometimes i get one shotted which is annoying , tips are appreciated.
Hey,

Is it better to go for blood magic in the tree or use lifetap gems?
"
larsahh_ a écrit :
"
mkha a écrit :

Insane shield!

I was waiting for the reply. I put a detailed explanation under my body armor craft why it's so important to get +1 there and +2 on amulet.

We discussed this with lot of SST players and a +2 amulet will give you more in terms of raw dps and you have options for other stats on it. (With exception of what I will type further down)
The main reason why you want to use +2 there is to get your SST to lvl 24, for the base damage and also gain 7-9 added flat physical damage per 15 armor on shield, instead of 6-8. The better your shield, the more damage you will gain by having SST at lvl 24. My amulet for me gives me way over 40% more dmg that a Pride would do. (if you build impale and scale impale, then things are different because you can get 2 impale on the watchers eye!)

I also stated the only exceptions where Aul's Uprising beats +2 amulet is if you can get either +3 Lioneye's Chest to put your SST Gem at lvl 24, or any kind of corruptions on the body armor to make your SST lvl 24.

But yeah, oberall if you looking for absolute bis dmg, there are couple +3 Lioneyes for 200 ex and run Aul's Uprising with it and it will beat my current setup. But that also requires you to get missing stats on other pieces.

Anyway if you dont believe me, pob it yourself. I would say some of your pieces are better than mine, but my Culling bleeding dps without flasks still is slightly over 6.5m. ~6m with Unbound Ailments if I have to move around alot and cant keep 8 stacks of bleed up! But the difference comes from getting your SST gem to lvl 24. That's simply so much base dmg to gain!

Yes, I'm aware of the damage jump at level 24. Quick PoB with your character still has Aul's at 13% higher DPS than your current rare amulet at maximum pride effect. Sure, there's a slight ramp before Aul's outscales a BiS rare, but with Pride's decently sized AoE I think it's fine.

Don't forget Pride scaling and anoint when comparing!
"
mkha a écrit :
"
larsahh_ a écrit :
"
mkha a écrit :

Insane shield!

Yes, I'm aware of the damage jump at level 24. Quick PoB with your character still has Aul's at 13% higher DPS than your current rare amulet at maximum pride effect. Sure, there's a slight ramp before Aul's outscales a BiS rare, but with Pride's decently sized AoE I think it's fine.

Don't forget Pride scaling and anoint when comparing!

You are actually correct Sir! I forgot those 2 things. I'll have to check into it now, could reach over 7.2M but redoing gear for resistances for Divine Flesh gonna suck!
Hello guys!
What I should upgrade to get more dmg?
I'm doing easly t16 maps but when it come to kill boses like sirus it goes a little slowly.

Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/KzaS3fEd

thank you for all help!
"
prozlayer a écrit :
Hey,

Is it better to go for blood magic in the tree or use lifetap gems?

I would also like to know this question.
"
Fivers a écrit :
Hello guys!
I'm doing easly t16 maps but when it come to kill boses like sirus it goes a little slowly.

thank you for all help!

Get a warlord axe and craft it, will boost your damage a ton.
"
Fivers a écrit :
Hello guys!

thank you for all help!

Get quality on gems.

Get Medium Thread of Hope and put it in jewel socket left of Marauder. Allocate Cleaving and Razor's edge.

Go through left side to Bloodletting instead of right. (Bleed damage multiplier instead of bleed chance).

Get weapon with % increased Physical damage over time, % increased Damage with bleeding and open/crafted suffix for +% to Physical damage over time multiplier.
Dernière édition par mkha, le 17 août 2021 02:24:52

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires