[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

Hey hey. I noticed you have Brass Dome as an alternate chest piece in the EC version.

I'm curious: Why are we not using that? It seems to provide a much greater impact for Transcendence, with the added benefit of not having to get as much res via clusters.
"
Hey hey. I noticed you have Brass Dome as an alternate chest piece in the EC version.

I'm curious: Why are we not using that? It seems to provide a much greater impact for Transcendence, with the added benefit of not having to get as much res via clusters.
Good question. Using my 3.13 endgame gear, the brass dome and loreweave have equivalent elemental mitigation at a hit of 3-4k pre-mitigation. For larger hits Loreweave is better, for smaller hits Brass Dome is better. I chose to better-mitigate the large hits.

Additionally, Transcendence does not work vs dot effects, which means we are weaker vs dots than hits. Using Brass Dome makes this weakness worse by lowering our resistances further.

Edit: the hit amount at which the two chests are equivalent will depend on how much armor you can get to without brass dome. at very low armor amounts (ie if you don't have armor on your belt, don't have +armor watcher's eye etc), brass dome might be enough better vs hits to make it the better overall choice.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 13 avr. 2021 15:48:49
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"

Good question. Using my 3.13 endgame gear, the brass dome and loreweave have equivalent elemental mitigation at a hit of 3-4k pre-mitigation. For larger hits Loreweave is better, for smaller hits Brass Dome is better. I chose to better-mitigate the large hits.

Additionally, Transcendence does not work vs dot effects, which means we are weaker vs dots than hits. Using Brass Dome makes this weakness worse by lowering our resistances further.

Edit: the hit amount at which the two chests are equivalent will depend on how much armor you can get to without brass dome. at very low armor amounts (ie if you don't have armor on your belt, don't have +armor watcher's eye etc), brass dome might be enough better vs hits to make it the better overall choice.

Thanks for the reply! This discrepancy is primarily why I'm asking:

For some reason, the difference in EHP is massive and I'm not sure why. Oddly enough, the Effective DoT pool is higher, too. I'll chalk it up to a PoB 2.0 error.
Dernière édition par KnightOfTheRoundTable, le 13 avr. 2021 17:45:45
"
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"

Thanks for the reply! This discrepancy is primarily why I'm asking:

For some reason, the difference in EHP is massive and I'm not sure why. Oddly enough, the Effective DoT pool is higher, too. I'll chalk it up to a PoB 2.0 error.
Looks like you have Molten Shell enabled. Molten shell will be stronger with the brass dome as it scales with your armor. I usually run these ehp calcs with the guard skill disabled as that is when you are at your most vulnerable. You should see a very different picture then.
"
kubicka a écrit :
What's the reason to play Champion? Is it just because of Fortify?isn't it just better to have it on AG a spec necro for minions skill gems and corpse pact?
This is a more complicated question than you would think, but one that deserves an answer. Here are my thoughts:

1. I don't like granting fortify through AG. In my experience the buff is not even close to 100% when actually doing content and so I choose not to run it with AG. Also, Champion is using AG to give Unstoppable/Crit Immunity, so we would loose that. If you want to go the AG route go ahead, but my guides are not going to use it.

2. I've done my best to adapt this tree to Champion, Jugg, and Necro, and the results are amazingly similar. Here are my criteria:

-4k health, except jugg which is 4.6k because not crit immune
~40% chaos res
~20k armor
-Stun Immune
-100% uptime on fortify in combat--from cluster jewel+sceptre for Jugg and Necro

Necro obviously starts out with a massive advantage in minion damage, but requires a ton more investment defensively.

Champion requires the least amount of defense investment as well as a great +damage taken passive in ascendancy, as well as passive fortify with any melee weapon, but suffers from a longe path from starting point, making it more points-starved.

Jugg has the least added damage from ascendancy (none), but doesn't need AG for Unstoppable, and has the most efficient pathing allowing for more passives going to cluster jewels.

Long story short: the PoB's linked below are pretty much maxxed out in damage, and result in the following Sentinel MI damage per hit (not dps, that will be higher):

Champ: 2.8M
Jugg: 2.9M
Necro: 2.7M

VERY long story short: all 3 classes are viable! I think the Champion is the most flexible with passive fortify, but if you want to play jugg or necro, it should be totally viable.

Champ: https://pastebin.com/sGT67cXt
Jugg: https://pastebin.com/hhVzPzQP
Necro: https://pastebin.com/aDrjkG7s
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 13 avr. 2021 19:39:36
"
kubicka a écrit :

Great, thx for your answer! What's the reason to play Champion? Is it just because of Fortify?isn't it just better to have it on AG a spec necro for minions skill gems and corpse pact?

If u wanna use Kingmaker for AG to gain Fortify buff, it will be hard to res cap him, considering we dont invest in any minion res node in passive tree and AG starting res is around 0 (because of the Maligaro shield)
Dernière édition par bryanking, le 13 avr. 2021 20:34:33
"
Looks like you have Molten Shell enabled. Molten shell will be stronger with the brass dome as it scales with your armor. I usually run these ehp calcs with the guard skill disabled as that is when you are at your most vulnerable. You should see a very different picture then.

You're totally right! I appreciate that.

For me, this character is meant to be a bosser. In that situation, do you think it would be worthwhile to move around our gems to put Molten Shell on a CWDT if we were to switch to Brass Dome? In that case, I could drop AG and go for the suggested Holy Relic link setup. Unless, of course, there's an AG setup that could benefit me more than that?

I'm also definitely interested in hearing what you think about the low-life change! That should be a significant damage boost via Minion Instability, no?
Dernière édition par KnightOfTheRoundTable, le 13 avr. 2021 20:49:45
"

You're totally right! I appreciate that.

For me, this character is meant to be a bosser. In that situation, do you think it would be worthwhile to move around our gems to put Molten Shell on a CWDT if we were to switch to Brass Dome? In that case, I could drop AG and go for the suggested Holy Relic link setup. Unless, of course, there's an AG that could benefit me more than that?

I'm also definitely interested in hearing what you think about the low-life change! That should be a significant damage boost via Minion Instability, no?

Imo u don't need Brass Dome to deal with hits, Loreweave is enough, and Loreweave is also much better at mitigating dots (78% ele res vs 70%)
If there is a hit that can one shot u then Brass dome is not likely to save u from that hit, so we better go with Loreweave all thing considered

AG is there mainly for the "fake" Unstoppable node, it has nothing to do with Molten shell. So if you don't want to have the action speed buff then u can drop AG.

Regarding the MI change, it's surely a big boost that allows us to finish off bosses faster (but still not fast enough to be able to instaphase :D )
I suppose 4 sentinels with 50% lowlife can approximately generate the same amount of dps as 5 sentinels at 35% lowlife.

Not sure if PoB can come up with exact calculation for that.
Dernière édition par bryanking, le 13 avr. 2021 21:15:28
So, I have a Bone helm. Never could get hypothermia on it, but I did get Innervate. What do you think about this one? Didn't get minion life on it either. But it's still a damn good helm I think lol!

"
Renobatogi a écrit :
So, I have a Bone helm. Never could get hypothermia on it, but I did get Innervate. What do you think about this one? Didn't get minion life on it either. But it's still a damn good helm I think lol!

It looks like that helmet is slightly less damage than straight minion life/minion damage supports. The increased aoe is nice though!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires